Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Why is this set full of bad cards? I understand that they need to do every pokemon from Kanto, but why are most of them so awful?

Are you implying that every other set is not almost entirely filled with unusable cards? Because they are, there's nothing particularly different in this set from every other set, in that sense.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Reversal Energy fits this thing like a glove, and its ability to hit 210 damage out of nowhere with a Defiance Band shouldn't be overlooked. Its biggest problems are that it doesn't hit hard enough (180 and 210 both just barely miss out on important KOs) and that 210 is its absolute limit without some nonsense like Kingambit SV1 getting involved. Right now, Grass is almost irrelevant as an attacking type as hardly anything important is weak to Grass, so that provides even less incentive to use Pinsir.

In a toolbox sort of deck, Zamazenta CRZ can hit for 220 without Tool assistance, which is a much better deal considering it effectively has the same activation cost, plus a useful Ability over a worthless first attack.
LOL NEVER MIND I'M WRONG, THIS CARD IS GARBAGE 1/10 would be ashamed to see it in the binder

Last edited:

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Damn it's like he's psychic.

Remember, and this isn't specific to this card because I haven't read the spoiler yet, but every so often someone will take some cards that look like garbage and turn them into a meta-defining threat so never count something out because you don't see the advantage.

I'm hard pressed to think of a recent example of a "card that looks like garbage and ended up being meta defining". If your intention was to give a more nuanced take, you failed miserably, you just went to the other extreme. Sure, some cards may end up over or underperform a bit, but it's never something that extreme, because regardless of the fact that, yes, we can't 100% predict how some cards will perform exactly, there are still a lot of tangible metrics on pokémon cards, and for anyone with at least some experience with the game, it's pretty freaking easy to accurately predict 99,9% of the times if a card will see some play, be meta defining, or no play at all. The truth is that it's not that hard, especially in such a simple game like pokémon, and especially in modern day pokémon, where cards are more straight forward than ever.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Reversal Energy fits this thing like a glove, and its ability to hit 210 damage out of nowhere with a Defiance Band shouldn't be overlooked. Its biggest problems are that it doesn't hit hard enough (180 and 210 both just barely miss out on important KOs) and that 210 is its absolute limit without some nonsense like Kingambit SV1 getting involved. Right now, Grass is almost irrelevant as an attacking type as hardly anything important is weak to Grass, so that provides even less incentive to use Pinsir.

In a toolbox sort of deck, Zamazenta CRZ can hit for 220 without Tool assistance, which is a much better deal considering it effectively has the same activation cost, plus a useful Ability over a worthless first attack.

Reversal Energy only provides 3 energies when attached to evolved pokémon.

F4nt45m

Dialga V-Star is a good deck guys
Are you implying that every other set is not almost entirely filled with unusable cards? Because they are, there's nothing particularly different in this set from every other set, in that sense.
I know, but this seems almost full of bad cards. More than usual. I mean, the tauros, the raticate, the hitmonlee, chansey, legendary birds, venusaur ex are all weirdly bad for the amount of powercreep we havem they seem almost like from SM era based on power.