Discussion Pinsir-Bats

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Hey it's me for like the 4th time today. I KNOW I'M SORRY. But seriously, this deck I thought of could actually do some work in cities and I would definitely advise testing. So the deck is PINSIR BATS! Here are the cards.
180px-PinsirBREAKthrough3.jpg
180px-CrobatPhantomForces33.jpg
180px-AriadosAncientOrigins6.jpg

The idea is to use Pinsir's Overhead Throw to do 30 and 20 to your bench and use Golbats and Crobats to deal more damage to the bench and use Ariados to poison your opponent on top of all of that. A good stadium for the deck may be Silent Lab. I would also add in another attacker in if possible, or you could just use Super rods to recover more Pinsir's. Prehaps the deck could be used with Vespiqeun (AOR) instead of Entei (AOR) thanks for your time!

-Gengar

Last edited:
I see where you're going with this, a deck like LandyBats. But, the reason LandyBats is powerful is because it can use and abuse Strong Energy and Fighting Stadium, which Pinsir can't use. Now, Pinsir is a non-EX, but it only has 100 HP, which can be easily knocked out by a lot of other Pokemon(ex. M Manectric, Yveltal, Giratina)

Reread Overhead Throw. It does 20 damage to your own bench, not your opponent's.
That too. Man, they can't make a good Pinsir can they?

Last edited by a moderator:
One Idea I wanted to try wasn't exactly Pinsir for this, but the Breakthrough Gogoat. It has 120 HP, and the damage spread is 10 Damage to Active and 30 to the bench. It can also be backed up by the Promo Celebi, which puts one damage counter on each opponent's pokemon. Sadly, the fact that this does so little towards the active spot was somewhat discouraging, to a point that I've yet to do a decent decklist for it...

Last edited:
One Idea I wanted to try wasn't exactly Pinsir for this, but the Breakthrough Gogoat. It has 120 HP, and the damage spread is 10 Damage to Active and 30 to the bench. It can also be backed up by the Promo Celebi, which puts one damage counter on each opponent's pokemon. Sadly, the fact that this does so little towards the active spot was somewhat discouraging, to a point that I've yet to do a decent decklist for it...
If you really want to make use of the Promo celebi, you're probably going to need TONS of energy disruption (like a typical mill deck these days) and the nasty Faded Town to deal with higher-HP Megas. Ariados for poison pressure is necessary, and yes the damage and KO's come slow but it's actually pretty fun when the deck gets rolling.

That said, on to the Pinsir question. I'm actually using it in my Xerneas (Breakthrough) deck as the Anti-Toad measure, since Seismitoad-Judge is seeing some local popularity near me. It's second attack, while costly, isn't entirely horrible, though it's hardly something to center your entire deck on unless you're using Aqua-Muk+Stadium and lots of tool-disruptors to deal with Float Stones.

Back