Help Pidget/Glaceon Deck

Jake00d

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone experimented with running Glaceon & Manaphy with Pidgeot.

I have been using Pidgeot/Jolteon/Garb and whilst I enjoyed it I was thinking of it's viability as these crazy health GX's come to town.

So have been thinking of swapping the Jolteon and Garb for Glaceon and Manaphy. To make the most of Glaceon's Crystal ray when there's a high powered evolved GX in front of you (Solgaleo/Lurantis) and still using Pidgeot with it's usual "Max potion, mirror move"

I think Sun & Moon has a lot of good evolutions in it, so Jolteon hasn't been as handy as he once was.

Anyone have any skeleton lists for this or have used it/something similar?

I have written a lot on the subject of Pidgeot-EX and I feel Jolteon, Garbodor and Glaceon doesn't help it at all do what it wants to do, with the games largely devolving into just using Jolteon/Glaceon-EX to attack while Pidgeot sees little play if any at all. If you want to use those Pokemon, you're just better off playing Jolteon/Glaceon/Regice with Garbodor and you'll have much better results.

Pidgeot plays much better with Pokemon like Octillery and more cards to help it say around but the biggest problem with solo Pidgeot-EX I've seen is it loses a lot to the meta. You lose to Mega Ray, and deck that damage scales like Xerneas BREAK, Turbo Dark, Mega Gardevoir and any deck that can OHKO you like Solgaleo/Lurantis and any deck running Zebstrika. Any deck that run Rattata can get around FFB, making your bulk that much lower so if you come across Despair Ray Mega Gardevoir, they will KO a Pidgeot every turn or Lysandre around it. In this meta, you're much better off using Mega Pidgeot since it has much better matchups across the board and you don't auto lose to dark.

I have written a lot on the subject of Pidgeot-EX and I feel Jolteon, Garbodor and Glaceon doesn't help it at all do what it wants to do, with the games largely devolving into just using Jolteon/Glaceon-EX to attack while Pidgeot sees little play if any at all. If you want to use those Pokemon, you're just better off playing Jolteon/Glaceon/Regice with Garbodor and you'll have much better results.

Pidgeot plays much better with Pokemon like Octillery and more cards to help it say around but the biggest problem with solo Pidgeot-EX I've seen is it loses a lot to the meta. You lose to Mega Ray, and deck that damage scales like Xerneas BREAK, Turbo Dark, Mega Gardevoir and any deck that can OHKO you like Solgaleo/Lurantis and any deck running Zebstrika. Any deck that run Rattata can get around FFB, making your bulk that much lower so if you come across Despair Ray Mega Gardevoir, they will KO a Pidgeot every turn or Lysandre around it. In this meta, you're much better off using Mega Pidgeot since it has much better matchups across the board and you don't auto lose to dark.

Thanks for that.

I had been thinking of a Mega-Pidgeot deck, I really like the attack and getting your opponent to switch. My only issue with this is when you do want an opponent to swap (i.e. get Darkrai out the way) but then there's always a Garb or Hoopa sat on the bench with a float stone.

Now with the addidtion of leaf blower I think Mega Pidgeot could get around that so i'd look at something like this;

Pokemon
3 Pidgeot-Ex
3 M-Pidgeot-Ex
2 Shaymin Ex
2 Tauros

Trainers
4 Sycamore
4 Spirit links
3 Hex
3 N
2 Lysandre
4 VS
4 Puzzle of time
2 Float stone
2 Leaf blower
2 Mega turbo
4 Fair drops
2 Shrine of memories
2 parallel city

Using the puzzle to bring back fairy drops/leaf blowers and shrine of memories... I think puzzle an awesome card

Pidgeot-EX I've seen is it loses a lot to the meta.
Yes Pidgeot AKA Pidgit is a very rogue deck that has seen no results whatsoever. and with the dominance of Decidueye, Darkrai M Pidgeot wont ever become too good. I love pidgeot( and have tested with it before) but it just does not work.

Yes Pidgeot AKA Pidgit is a very rogue deck that has seen no results whatsoever. and with the dominance of Decidueye, Darkrai M Pidgeot wont ever become too good. I love pidgeot( and have tested with it before) but it just does not work.

I would need to see your list because I have no problems with the decks you've listed. Item lock is a problem for every deck, not just Pidgeot and Pidgeot has no issues with Darkrai at all. As a matter of fact, its pretty much a near auto win. The problem I have with people saying it isn't good is the fact they didn't build the deck right. Pidgeot has results, not many of them but it has them.

Thanks for that.

I had been thinking of a Mega-Pidgeot deck, I really like the attack and getting your opponent to switch. My only issue with this is when you do want an opponent to swap (i.e. get Darkrai out the way) but then there's always a Garb or Hoopa sat on the bench with a float stone.

Now with the addidtion of leaf blower I think Mega Pidgeot could get around that so i'd look at something like this;

Pokemon
3 Pidgeot-Ex
3 M-Pidgeot-Ex
2 Shaymin Ex
2 Tauros

Trainers
4 Sycamore
4 Spirit links
3 Hex
3 N
2 Lysandre
4 VS
4 Puzzle of time
2 Float stone
2 Leaf blower
2 Mega turbo
4 Fair drops
2 Shrine of memories
2 parallel city

Using the puzzle to bring back fairy drops/leaf blowers and shrine of memories... I think puzzle an awesome card

From my own results, you're much better off with Octillery over Shaymin, given the nature of the deck. They will always KO your Shaymin to avoid hitting your Pidgeot. You don't need Tauros-GX in your deck because you want to avoid your Pokemon getting knocked out but it does have its uses but maybe a single copy.

You also want Max Potion over Fairy Drop since Fairy Drop won't prevent knockouts in the long run. I see a lot of issues with this list as of now.

Last edited:
Back