• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Pheromosa GX Donk

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Okay, so after yet another poor run of running Sylveon and being beaten due to time constraints. I’m going to go in the polar opposite direction and head my efforts towards a donk deck.

POKÉMON: 4
- 4 - Pheromosa GX

TRAINERS: 48
- 3 - Ghetsis
- 3 - Professor Sycamore

- 3 - Silent Lab

- 4 - Trainer’s Mail
- 4 - Pokémon Catcher
- 4 - Bicycle
- 4 - Acro Bike
- 4 - Ultra Ball
- 4 - Pluspower
- 4 - Puzzle of Time
- 4 - Roller Skates
- 3 - Red Card
- 3 - Muscle Band
- 1 - Computer Search

ENERGY: 8
- 7 - Grass Energy
- 1 - Beast Energy

Obviously, I can’t get this going until the next set due to Beast Energy being released then. I’m not going to have the cards until then anyway.

Basically, if you go first. Dig into your deck until you hit Red Card and enough damage to KO their active. Next turn, you should be able to KO what should be just a regular basic Pokémon.

Ghetsis is for when I go first and I can offset their hand. If what they have left is unfavorable, hit them with Red Card.
SycMore is for when I go second and need to dig. Also acts as a safety for opponents 1st turn Ghetsis. I’ll have to experiment with this, N and Judge.

Understandably, donk decks (like Latios EX) don’t have a fantastic long-game. Silent Lab and Red Card are there to considerably slow their efforts down. You should be able to get 2 easy KOs in the beginning. The middle 2 would be a bit tricky. But you can let a couple of Pheromosa get killed so you can Beauty GX on an opponents EX/GX to finish the game.

Currently, I’m trying to work the dexknsonit can fit Choice Band and a Hypnotoxic Laser or two. With Beast Energy, Choice Band, 4 Pluspower/3 Pluspower-1 Hypnotoxic. You can KO a Wailord EX T1 with Fast Raid

Any thoughts?

Drop to 3 Pheromosa. You'll draw prizes, and you don't want to draw another one when you need literally anything else. I would also drop Sycamores for Kukui. That 20 damage matters, and you draw so, so, so many cards without Sycamore, it's not necessarily needed. I'm surprised you also don't run Laserbank. More first turn damage=easier donk. If you go first and your opponent starts, let's say, Lele, laserbank, Kukui, muscle band, beast energy and 4 Plus Power. 30+20+20+30+40=140 on top of Fast Raid's 30. Maybe throw in a Seviper and you do 180. You don't need more than 4 Grass, since Latios donk only played 2 Blend. I do like the idea of Red Card Ghetsis though, interesting.

Oh, and Silent Lab don't keep them from benching Lele, just keeps them from Brigetting with it. I bring this point up in case you decided to go against it. Another thing is Peeking Red Card. If you Ghetsis and know they can play something, Peeking Red Card would let you re-shuffle at hopes of dead-drawing if you know you don't KO their only Pokemon. And again, you draw so much you could go down in numbers of both Ghetsis and Red Card, especially with Puzzles. And with Kukui, Beast Energy, Muscle Band and Laserbank, you OHKO Wailord, no Plus Power needed there. Although, in that equation, 2 Plus Power could substitute Muscle Band, Kukui, or Laserbank. Just fun math facts

Back