• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PF Weavile / Exeggcute Deck

worthiyay

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon

• [PF] 4 Sneasel
    [PF] 3 Weavile
    [PF] 3 Eevee
    [PF] 2 Umbreon
    [PF] 1 Flareon
    [PF] 4 Exeggcute
    [DE] 2 Sableye
    [LT] 1 Darkrai EX
    [PF] 1 Deoxys EX
21 total

Trainers

• 1 Computer Search
    4 Bicycle
    1 Ultra Ball
    3 Level Ball
    1 Team Plasma Ball
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Dark Patch
    3 Colress Machine
20 total

Supporters

• 3 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
7 total

Energy

• 6 Dark Energy
    4 Plasma Energy
    2 Double Colorless
12 Total

Strategy
Just a few disclaimers... this is the first time I am participating in a league event. Also, there is a house rule there where EX pokemons are limited to 1 each and I can only have 4 different EX pokes at max.

The strategy is to use Weavile's villify to discard exeggcutes to increase its damage, then exeggcutes ability will recycle itself back into the hand to reuse again.

Umbreon is there to increase HP,and flareon's attack increase as there are more pokes in the graveyard, which goes with the theme of the deck.

Darkrai/sableye is there for dark support, deoxys is just to increase attack.

The trainers/supporters/even the energies were hard for me to balance.... please help! I know its hard to consider the matchups with the EX limitations..

RE: PF Weavile/Exeggcute Deck

This league house rule surely isn't always - just this one event,... Right?

Its for all events that take place there, and i cant find anywhere to play pokemon in this city...

Rofl. You'd be better off playing online only until you can find a proper league, probably. That rule makes no sense and completely destroys the idea of competitive play.

What are your plans for sigilyph/suicune with mirror? Just going to laser them and hope for the best?

Oh gee.. Tool scrapper i guess. I havent palyed this game truely competitively before.

But i dont mind the rule really, it means less money i have to spend and a different variety pf decks to face then the ones i see online..

Anyways, will bicycle do well in this deck? I know I'll be having exeggcutes often in my hand, but I should use bicycle first and then propogate them back into my hand..?

I'm also opting for life dew over computer search. Weavile will get one hit KO'ed alot, so it would be great if I could keep recycling it via sableye.

That is not a valid "House Rule" if this is a League Championship Event because they must be run using the Official Rules and Guidelines.

Also, have you tried the League Locator.

Also, if a league allows TCG to be played at it, it must give players an option to play the current modified format.

http://spandexcity.com/Pokemon/

" In order to keep an emphasis on fun play (rather than on over-powered cards), at our Pokemon League we have the following deck-restrictions:

No more than one card with the same 'EX' name may be used
No more than four (4) 'EX' cards may be used"

I'm contacting them to figure out if it applies for their Pokemon League Challenge that I want to participate in, or just their weekly league events..

I just tried the league locator a little while ago, there is another place in a neighboring state that I could go to and actually has more participants, but it seems a bit more of a drive.

But anyways, would their be any other non ex threats to worry about besides suicune/sigilyph with mirror? Blastoise?
sorry again, I'm starting to play this game "competitively."
This is a deck that I genuinely do want to run, regardless of "house rules" or not.

New list:

Pokemon

4 sneasel
3 weavile (Should I have 4, or is that too much)
4 eevee
2 umbreon
2 flareon (Thoughts on flareon/umbreon?)
2 Sableye (trainer recycling)
4 exeggcute
1 darkrai EX (supports other types for free retreat)

22 Total

Trainers
3 Ultra ball (searchs out all pokes, works well with exeggcute)
4 Level ball (searchs out all but darkrai/umbreon/flareon)
1 Team plasma ball (searchs out weavile/umbreon/flareon) Thoughts on these balls?
3 Hypnotoxic laser
3 Dark patch (energy accel)
4 Colress Machine(energy accel)
1 Tool Scrapper (tech for sucine/sig with mirror)
1 Life Dew (recycle with sableye, expecting to be OHKO often)

20 Total

Supporter (too little supports?)
2 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla

5 Total

Energy
6 Darkness Energy
4 Plasma Energy
1 Double Colorless (only flareon benefits from this..)

You're about to get a new deck list and you're going to love it!

4 Weavile
4 Sneasel
3 Flareon
3 Eevee
4 Exeggcute

This is basically the Pokemon you had. It's pretty self-explanatory. You're main attacker is Weavile. Flareon is there for the late game after you have a few Weaviles in the discard along with Exeggcutes. There's probably way too much Flareon, but I took into consideration you may want to discard them with Vilify.

4 N
3 Juniper
3 Skyla
2 Colress
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Level Ball
3 Silver Bangle
3 Colress Machine
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Virbank
1 Plasma Ball
1 Ace Spec

Alright, you definitely want more than five Supporters. I'd say you need at minimum twelve. If you can't go through your deck quickly, you'll be sitting on top of dead hand and you won't be able to get any of your resources. I gave you a generic Supporter line. Some other cards you really need to think about are Silver Bangle and Virbank City Gym. With Weavile and 4 Exeggcutes in your discard, you can consistently do 120 every turn. Attach Silver Bangle, use a laser with Virbank in play, and that's an additional 60 damage which is enough to knock out an EX with 180 HP. As far as energy acceleration goes, I would choose either Dark Patch or Colress Machine and not both. Since everything is Plasma and Colress Machine is easier to use than Dark Patch, we'll go with Colress Machine. Also since everything is Plasma, you need at least two Tool Scrappers. I might even have three or run Dowing Machine as your Ace Spec. Mirrors completely wall your deck, and with the Catcher errata, if they have more Mirrors than you have Scrappers, you basically lose.

7 Darkness
4 Plasma

Good luck!

T-thanks sir! =)

Should I be worried about shuffling my Exeggcutes into the deck from N/Colress? I know I should use propagate after using the supporters to save them from being shuffled if they are in the discard pile, but what if they're already in my hand..?

Your quite welcome.

I didn't think about that. You could either try to avoid using those Supporters in that particular instance if you don't really NEED to play a Supporter that turn--that is you don't need to pull out any other cards from your deck to survive your opponent's turn (depends a lot on the situation) or you could have more cards that discard from the hand like Ultra Ball.

Back