Peoria Develops the Meta — Time to Turn to Lost Box

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! Recently the Peoria Regional Championships concluded. It was a massive tournament with some interesting results. My group and I played Gardevoir ex, a deck that I wrote about recently. Gardevoir is an extremely strong deck, and one of the best things about it is that it doesn’t have any truly bad matchups. Every deck feels like it is a decent matchup, and Gardevoir will usually win when it sets up. I had a strong start at 8-1-1, but then everything fell apart and I lost or tied my remaining rounds. No one from my group did well at this tournament, and I ended up with a lackluster Top 128 finish.
One of the biggest frustrations with Gardevoir ex was its inconsistency, and the fact that the deck is fairly high-maintenance. Gardevoir needs a string of things to go right for it to win a game, and there are so many things that can cause its game plan to fall apart. Of course, when I...

Continue reading...

Goes to show that charizard is not actually that great.
Lost box players probably mind gamed each other thinking people would bring giratina to beat charizard, so the Turbo players would beat those giratinas. Turns out Turbo can also beat zard!

Colorless Lugia players probably played it because of mew ex hype and then ended winning because colorless beats Lost box.

Arceus ended up in top 2 because pure arceus has a good matchup against Lost box as it is. Note the arceus player dodged miraidon and chien pao which gave him an easy path to top 16.

Very interesting metagaming occurred in this regional.

Back