• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard PCL-STS Aqua Ray 2016-2017

MewtwoberTCG

Vespiquen Player
After competing in this year's Nationals with VespiPlume (a very bad decision) I decided to come up with a new Aqua Ray deck for next season. I will also be stating my reasons for including some cards, some other techs, and what you could take out. I will try to update this list when needs be.

Pokemon 29
1 Shiny Rayquaza-Ex XY PROMO
1 Rayquaza-Ex ROS (colorless)
1 Rayquaza-Ex ROS (dragon)
3 M Rayquaza-Ex ROS (colorless)
2 Hoopa-Ex AOR
4 Shaymin-Ex ROS
2 Pikachu RC2
2 Raichu RC2
2 Mew-Ex RC (when reprinted)
1 Manaphy-Ex BKP

30 Trainers
1 Professor's Letter
4 I Phone 7 (VS Seeker)
1 Super Rod
1 Special Charge
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
4 Ultra Ball
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Professor Sycamore
1 Skyla
1 Lysander
3 N
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Hex Maniac
1 Karen (When it comes out)
4 Sky Field

11 Energy
5 Water Energy
4 DCE
2 Rainbow Energy

Karen – Trainer Supporter

Each player shuffles all Pokemon in his or her discard pile into his or her deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

My Reasonings
2/2 Raichu Line over Zoroark: A lot of people don't play the Raichu and instead play Ninetales or Zoroark but I feel like it helps more as a non-Ex attacker against the mirror, Yveltal, and anything else weak to Lighting (not electric, Lighting)

1/1/1 Rayquaza-Ex: The reason I play 3 different Rayquazas is because each has it's own purpose. The Shiny Ray is for if I can't get the T1 M Ray dropped. This Ray lets me search for it to drop next turn. The Colorless Ray lets me do 60 for 1 Energy on Pokemon-Ex. The Dragon Ray lets me have 10 more HP and a Fairy Weakness.

Mew-Ex:When I saw Mew was going to be reprinted I immediately tried to find a way to put it in a deck. Mew can help against M Mutu by using Raichu's attack

5 Water Energy and 2 Rainbow: Most M Ray lists prefer to play 3-4 basic Energy but I fell like having only 3-4 basic Energy makes it harder to hit the energy and harder to recover from a Crushing Hammer or Team Flare Grunt. I would have liked to play 7-8 basic Water Energy and that's what I originally did.
I mostly play the Rainbow Energy for Mew

Possible Techs?
Zoroark BKT+Float Stone BKT
Ninetales PCL
Regice AOR
Level Ball AOR
Switching card (Swich, Escape Rope PCL, Float Stone BKT

Possible Removals?
Raichu line
Skyla
Mew+FFB

Please leave any suggestions to improve this list.

-Mewtwober

Last edited:
3 different baby rays is interesting. I really like this deck idea. i feel gladden may be rendered useless cuz of ranger but its still worth a shot.

Not necessarily with ffb not many things.can hit 210 in one turn

yea people seem to forget that if you cant get the one shot the same turn you use Pokemon ranger then its not that great of a play. Also Battle compressor is gone so the easy access to supporters still in deck can hurt. Plus if Lysandre didn't kill blocking strategies i doubt Pokemon ranger will as well. anyway i recomend taking out the raichu line for some more water based techs like another glaceon and regice. also 2 manaphys are kind of a must. Even with special charge Puzzle of time is great with rayquazza so i would make a few cuts like letter and town map and other things to make room (Double puzzle for Mega turbo and DCE is awesome). Also i dont see much reason to not use N over shauna or birch even with strong prize taking capability of this deck N is still a staple in every deck. and if not use birch over Shauna always. lastly try to make a little room for some float stones it seems redundant with manaphy but can help if you dont want to attach an energy to Hoopa. ahh almost forgot Ninja Boy is so good in rayquazza i cannot stress this enough Not only does it allow you to essentially use the same hoopa twice but if you can use two different hoopas in the same turn you you can Ninja boy one of them away for a non ex or something more usefull on the bench.

yea people seem to forget that if you cant get the one shot the same turn you use Pokemon ranger then its not that great of a play. Also Battle compressor is gone so the easy access to supporters still in deck can hurt. Plus if Lysandre didn't kill blocking strategies i doubt Pokemon ranger will as well. anyway i recomend taking out the raichu line for some more water based techs like another glaceon and regice. also 2 manaphys are kind of a must. Even with special charge Puzzle of time is great with rayquazza so i would make a few cuts like letter and town map and other things to make room (Double puzzle for Mega turbo and DCE is awesome). Also i dont see much reason to not use N over shauna or birch even with strong prize taking capability of this deck N is still a staple in every deck. and if not use birch over Shauna always. lastly try to make a little room for some float stones it seems redundant with manaphy but can help if you dont want to attach an energy to Hoopa. ahh almost forgot Ninja Boy is so good in rayquazza i cannot stress this enough Not only does it allow you to essentially use the same hoopa twice but if you can use two different hoopas in the same turn you you can Ninja boy one of them away for a non ex or something more usefull on the bench.
I dont think i could fit puzzles and ninja boy seems like it would clog up the deck. Im going to switch shauna for N. Raichu lets me have a better prize trade against lighting weak pokemon. I may put in an escape rope or float stone

I dont think i could fit puzzles and ninja boy seems like it would clog up the deck. Im going to switch shauna for N. Raichu lets me have a better prize trade against lighting weak pokemon. I may put in an escape rope or float stone
I think you should also replace the shiny Rayquaza EX for a second Dragon type one and try to fit in 1-1 or 2-2 line of Nineties so you don't go from a bench of 8 (Sky Field) to a bench of 3 (Parallel city) This has legitamately happened to me when I was using my own M Ray build ;)

I think you should also replace the shiny Rayquaza EX for a second Dragon type one and try to fit in 1-1 or 2-2 line of Nineties so you don't go from a bench of 8 (Sky Field) to a bench of 3 (Parallel city) This has legitamately happened to me when I was using my own M Ray build ;)
I would play Ninetales but garb is around

I think Garb is overhyped because eventually no one will use ability decks,rendering Garb useless, so they remove it from their deck :p just my thoughts about Garb

I don't think so. Hoopa-EX and Shaymin-EX will be in the meta all over the 2017 season, being the principal targets to have a Garb. Decks like M-Ray or Mewtwo-EX could suffer a lot without them.

Back