• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Passimian/Raichu/Glalie EX

Luqyman

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a returning player in the TCG Online that has little to no good cards in the format. So I came up with a budget solution that I got from some trades.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 4 Passimian SUM 73
* 2 Pikachu ROS 20
* 2 Pikachu BKT 48
* 1 Alolan Raichu CIN 31
* 3 Raichu XY 43
* 2 Glalie-EX BKT 155
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 N DEX 96
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Judge BKT 143
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 4 Water Energy Energy 3
* 5 Fighting Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The strategy is similar to Circle Circuit decks. Although, I put Glalie EX because it has DCE viability and I need another attacker other than Raichu and Passimian. Any suggestion and critics are appreciated.

This isn't standard. Standard is (currently) Breakthrough on. I would replace the four water energy with rainbow energy, and drop the judges for three ultra balls.
To be honest, Glalie isn't a very good card, only hitting 150 when you have the same hand size. That, and the amount of metal support in SM5. Raichu is just outshined by Zoroark GX, and the fighting weakness isn't too good with Lycanroc running around. Finally, you probably have heard this before, but you need Tapu Lele GX. (I only have one so I understand the struggle.) I would try and trade the Glalies for other good cards or packs, or trade for a card of slightly higher rarity and go on. In future, I would look at some decklists to build the skeleton of your deck, as most decks have one strategy, while I don't really understand what it is here.

Overall though, it is quite a good deck, considering the limited resources, and I hope this helps! (Sorry for sounding mean :()

This isn't standard. Standard is (currently) Breakthrough on. I would replace the four water energy with rainbow energy, and drop the judges for three ultra balls.
To be honest, Glalie isn't a very good card, only hitting 150 when you have the same hand size. That, and the amount of metal support in SM5. Raichu is just outshined by Zoroark GX, and the fighting weakness isn't too good with Lycanroc running around. Finally, you probably have heard this before, but you need Tapu Lele GX. (I only have one so I understand the struggle.) I would try and trade the Glalies for other good cards or packs, or trade for a card of slightly higher rarity and go on. In future, I would look at some decklists to build the skeleton of your deck, as most decks have one strategy, while I don't really understand what it is here.

Overall though, it is quite a good deck, considering the limited resources, and I hope this helps! (Sorry for sounding mean :()

This is actually Standard, because the Raichu from XY got reprinted in Generations. There is supposed to be one Raichu from Generations, but I think the game did something wrong. Thanks for the tips, though. It doesn't bother me that you criticize honestly, instead, it helps me to understand it better. I am trying to get more Standard cards at the moment, so I hope I can make a new improved deck.

Why not get 4 Mew and go full Passimian?

Raichu got hit hard w/o Sky Field. I'd lose it and Glalie altogether, focus on the monkey and have some fun.

Why not get 4 Mew and go full Passimian?

Raichu got hit hard w/o Sky Field. I'd lose it and Glalie altogether, focus on the monkey and have some fun.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to get the Mews first, since I have passed several expansions. It does seem that Raichu is lacking performance. It doesn't hit enough damage to KO a GX w/o Sky Field.

Back