Partner for Crobat Prime

jhaze

Aspiring Trainer
The title says it all what do YOU think the best partner for Crobat Prime is. I having a hard time thinking of one :headbang

Avacado

See you space cowboy...
I use vileplume UD and Mew Prime to LZ a Crobat prime to severe poison asap. Pokemon catcher will also be good to drag up high retreat pokemon.

But as of yet nothing really has come out that could be a perfect partner for the bat, perhaps something with an ability that increases the opponents active pokemon retreat cost or something.

I really don't know what ability or card (now/future) could make this card superb.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
Darkrai & Cresselia LEGEND is a pretty good game finisher. Soon enough they will have 40s and 30s spread all across their pokemon since they keep retreating and you can snipe, and DCL can move all that damage around.

gengar333

Aspiring Trainer
Use jumpluff(HS)or kingdra prime with it,but jumpluff is a lot more effective because most of the time you will have your bench full.

rowsdower24

I'mma blow up...
I would say use Victreebell, Severe Poison with Crobat, retreat next turn and put in Victreebell, and now retreat cost 2 energy more, so the big boys would be paying out the nose in energy just to retreat. Working now on a full deck to get the synergy down fully. But I think in the HGSS-on format a Psychic & Grass deck could work very well.

jhaze

Aspiring Trainer
Only thing is that his attack poisons so it would elminate crobat's attack. Plus two stage 2s will be hard to set up. I guess Wobbuffet since his body is the same but he is basic.

ashinto

Aspiring Trainer
Any minor fire type for Steelix. Anything. Autolosses are bad boys and girls.

I'd go Reshiram, outrage after getting hit will one shot Steelix. It's also a colorless attack.

gengar333

Aspiring Trainer
Using jumpluff with crobat makes it very fast.It only takes two turns to get set up and is very effective if you run it right.Run a 4-3-4 jumpluff line and a 4-3-4 line of crobat.Use 4 physcic energy and 4 grass energy.

thepliskin5005

Aspiring Trainer
I would say gengar prime is the best' they both have free retreat and you can utilize lost world in your deck. And when pokemon catcher comes out im going to have mister mime to see if the card switch is in there hand and if they do have switch in there hand im going to drop down spiritomb to shuffle it back in there deck.

silenth

Aspiring Trainer
but how does crobat make gengar any more effective? the only thing youve said they would make them work well is free retreat. im trying a deck with crobat/yanmega/mandibuzz/spiritomb. check it out here

thepliskin5005

Aspiring Trainer
Well with crobat you use sevear poison then your next turn you retreat crobat for gengar and use cursed drop or hurl in to darkness. So the pokemon that would be knocked out by poison would go to the lost zone.
Then you might get more stuff in the lost zone with one of gengars attacks.

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
now call me crazy but...crobat and kingdra? they retreat there dying poke then just snipe with its second attack and make sure it dies with kingdra *w*....evil

heyboy963

I am NOT cute!
Personally, I don't think there are any awesome partners for Crobat Prime.

There area few that I know of.

1. Dugtrio PL. This will be rotated soon, so not much of a choice. I'm pretty sure it stacks, though.
2. Vileplume, Victreebel, Dodrio UD, Crobat. Crobat, Severe Poison, switch next turn and bring out Victreebel to stall. Use Vileplume to prevent Switch, and you don't need to attack with Victreebel. Dodrio is to give Victreebel free retreat.
OR
You can send up Victreebel first, attack, switch to crobat and severe poison, then switch again. This will do 40 damage, a possible extra 20 in between turns, no switch, and an extra 2 for their retreat cost. might take some settign up, but pretty sweet.

Joai

Aspiring Trainer
Crobat with gengar...poison them and then force them to retreat, then play a seeker and then hurl into darkness...plus mime jr and slowking to do it even faster....

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
heyboy963 said:
Personally, I don't think there are any awesome partners for Crobat Prime.

There area few that I know of.

1. Dugtrio PL. This will be rotated soon, so not much of a choice. I'm pretty sure it stacks, though.
2. Vileplume, Victreebel, Dodrio UD, Crobat. Crobat, Severe Poison, switch next turn and bring out Victreebel to stall. Use Vileplume to prevent Switch, and you don't need to attack with Victreebel. Dodrio is to give Victreebel free retreat.
OR
You can send up Victreebel first, attack, switch to crobat and severe poison, then switch again. This will do 40 damage, a possible extra 20 in between turns, no switch, and an extra 2 for their retreat cost. might take some settign up, but pretty sweet.

Victreebel TR won't see that much play with Fire's popularity in HGSS-On. For the same reason why Jumpluff won't see play either when you could be running Yanmega Prime, Cincinno, and/or Zoroark since the only popular deck with Fighting is DonChamp and possibly VileDile but that has yet to be seen. Basics/Stage 1's seem like they are the play...

I don't think Crobat Prime is all that great in HGSS-On, especially since Zekrom can KO it in one hit with Bolt Strike. That's really the only bad matchup you will have, it's almost the same as with Blastoise/Floatzel in terms of Type Disadvantage except when Pokemon Catcher is released it won't matter since they can KO your Zubat before you have a chance to use Rare Candy on it to get the Crobat Prime out.