Paradise Resort Promo Revealed for Worlds!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new Worlds promo will debut this year — Paradise Resort! This Worlds promo replaces the previous promo, Champion’s Festival, which itself replaced Tropical Beach. Participants at the 2023 World Championships in Yokohama, Japan will receive this promo as part of their welcome kit!
Paradise Resort – Trainer
Stadium Card
The Retreat Cost of each Psyduck in play (both yours and your opponent’s) is [C] less.
You may play only 1 Stadium card during your turn. Put it next to the Active Spot, and discard it if another Stadium comes into play. A Stadium with the same name can’t be played.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
If they really wanted to make sure it's just a collectible item and not playable, why not just give it a completely random, illegal ability?
"Once during each player's turn, that player might remember the great times they had at World Championships 2023."
Problem solved.

If someone manages to break a Golduck card/deck with this I will eat my hat

But if this is an indication that the card designers acknowledge giving an extremely exclusive promo card a potentially meta-relevant effect is a problem for the general player base, then I'm happy! Watching friends spend hundreds of dollars for Champion's Festival only to not have it be as good as it was hyped up to be was rough

20 years from now we'll be so power crept that we'll have a 500 HP Psyduck that can OHKO half of the meta and we'll all feel silly for making fun of this card

If they really wanted to make sure it's just a collectible item and not playable, why not just give it a completely random, illegal ability?
"Once during each player's turn, that player might remember the great times they had at World Championships 2023."
Problem solved.
Judge! My opponent remembered their WC2023 visit twice this turn!

Good art for a "trophy" promo. By trophy promo, I mean a card given out to the top 32 or so, but useless beyond the handout post-accomplishment. What a way to reduce scalping in the case of cards that are powerful, but limited to one event, like Tropical Beach. By printing a useless card for trophy purposes, that's a great way to ensure such worlds promos can't be scalped for much. If they try to scalp this, the scalper will feel the burn trying to sell a card for way more than its worth, so good work TPCi! Keep it up next year!

Back