Help panicing on what deck to take.

Can TPCi just ban Trevenant? They made it fairly clear that they don't like cards (*cough* Trevenant *cough*) that lock an opponent out of the game before they play a single card. This is literally the most ANNOYING Deck to play against. Seismitoad is a very, very good, yet balanced card that item locks but has an awful damage output and gives up two prizes. Trevenant on the other hand,... disgusting.

Trev is annoying. If it continues to stay, then maybe. But as far as Dallas goes; despite there being a quarterly ‘meta check’ by Pokémon a week before the regional, I highly doubt it’ll get hit and Dallas will be a sort of ‘sacrificial lamb’ to build the case against it. Either you hit Trev or you hit Dimension Valley.

Either way, the Dallas meta is going to be interesting because, outside of Trevenant, no one has really spoken much of the meta.

Trev IS annoying, but it’s matchups against Zoroark are pretty close...AND it has a great NM matchups, so the appeal is there.

The part that floors me is that there’s people that are going to Dallas and don’t think Trev will work despite articles and topping at cups.

I had to rework 5 cards in my new Dallas deck to handle Trevenant. It’s gone from uncomfortably unfavorable to hilariously one sided

Idk ive been able to handle trev pretty well cus i run 15 energy and 4 blacksmith but i added marshadow and an extra baby volc (i only ran 1 in my list before)to handle nm and the matchup improved significantly. My plan is to bring turbo turtles and have gyrados ready just in case my mind signifcantly changes. Also when do signups start?

Don't run parallel city. Run Sudowoodo from Gaurdians riding. I've played Zoroark a bit and with the combination of supporter for turn + multiple Trade + Puzzle of Time, getting a Sky Field and Pokemin is rediculously easy. They NEED Alolan Muk to not be severly hindered, and many lists are no longer playing it. All that being said, running Parallel City WITH Sudowoodo improves the Zoroark matchup even further, so go for it if you expect a lot of Zoroark.
Parallel City, IMO, is great too in that it can provide prize denial tactics too by removing my unneeded/unwanted Pokémon from my bench, as well. P City will definitely be one of my main techs for sure.

If you play Turbo Turtles, you should be running 16 fire, and I doubt Gyarados will make it to the top tables, ESPECIALLY with Trees running around. Trees can handle Zoroark with Black Ray and 4 E Hammer pretty well.

A note on Parallel City. While it does have some ‘Swiss-army knife’ applications (especially buffering down Seismitoad EX), it should be looked at the exact same as Karen in regards to Night March: It CAN help, but a good player will recover from it quickly.

It’s only good if you can immediately capitalize on the turn you use it...unless you bench yourself down.

Back