JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Panic Mask was revealed from the Japanese set Lost Abyss, which releases in Japan on July 15th. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Lost Origin set in September.
Panic Mask – Trainer
Item
Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached.
Prevent all damage done to the Pokemon this card is attached to by the attacks of your opponent’s Pokemon with 40 HP or less remaining.
You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Hah! Look at it! That's a funny lookin' trainer card. It looks so dubious!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Panic Mask - meh. Hard to come up a situation wherein this card is viable enough to be used in a current metagame. 3

Hami_moeblob

Aspiring Trainer
Mad Party needs Choice Belt for damage boost. That will do nothing on Bunnelby since it says "...40 HP or less REMAINING " Meaning its completely useless on a 40 HP Bunnelby
Sorry my reading capacity seems damaged lol, it's the opponent's hp, not the HP on the equiped Pokémon
Still underwhelming

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Mad Party needs Choice Belt for damage boost. That will do nothing on Bunnelby since it says "...40 HP or less REMAINING " Meaning its completely useless on a 40 HP Bunnelby
Even ignoring that you read it wrong and didn't see that the opponent has to be the one with 40HP remaining, you're still wrong about that being useless unless there's some weird ruling I've never heard of which says that "remaining" requires that there are damage counters on the Pokemon. As far as I can tell this would completely prevent damage from a Bunnelby to the equipped Pokemon.

Polaris

This is such a bizarrely specific card; I have to believe it exists for a reason, but I can think of one.