• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pancakes deck still a viable option?

Auouch

Aspiring Trainer
hey guys,
Here is my Xerneas break/snorlax gx deck that i would like to try for standard. With all the Turbo Darkrai's running around i thought this would be good considering it has a -20 resistance to Dark. Havent really tested against the newest deck, Decidueye (sp?) though so anylisis is still a bit hazy. Anyway, heres the deck list. Please let me know what you think and again, any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated! :)

Pancakes!

4 Xerneas (STS)
4 Xerneas Break (STS)
2 Shaymin EX
1 Lugia EX
1 Snorlax GX
1 Regirock (omega barrier)
13 pokemon

4 Professor Sycamore
4 VS Seekers
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer's Mail
2 Float stone
2 Lysandre
2 N
2 Exp share
4 Silent Lab
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Ninja Boy
1 Olympia
1 Super Rod
1 Escape Rope
34 Trainer's and Supporters

9 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
13 Energy

Last edited:
Yes, sorry. So the basic strategy is use Xerneas to accelerate energy onto either another Xerneas sitting on the bench or a Lugia EX, Regirock, etc. Once everything has enough energy then evolve Xerneas to Xerneas Break and then start swinging for massive amounts of damage. Lugia Ex is there as a back up attacker if needed and Regirock can be ninja boyed into Snorlax GX. Regirock's trait prevents it from being targeted by an opponents Lysandre, Crushing Hammer, Enhanced Hammer etc. Shaymin EX is there to help refill the hand. Sycamore, N, Vs. Seeker's are your standard items for any deck and for helping to get through your deck quickly but not too quickly lol.

A couple of suggestions:
1. It's never good to run only 1 of any card. I would take out some(or all) of the Trainers you run 1 of and replace them with more Pokemon that you run one of that seem helpful to your strategy(Lugia EX, Snorlax GX, or Regirock).
2. Why do you run so many Silent Lab? Add more Exp. Share which I think would be more helpful since you want as many Energy in play as possible.
3. You may want to consider Evosoda, as it is more efficient for getting Xerneas BREAK than Ultra Ball or N.
4. Why is it called "Pancakes"? It's a cool name, but I feel like there's some pun I'm missing XD

It's a good deck in general, just a couple of inprovents I would make. Also, why do you run so many Silent Lab?

The name pancakes was given to the original deck that was run by Team Fish Knuckles own Squeaky lol. Its notmally just called a Xerneas Break/Snorlax GX. The list that i based this on that was run by Kevin Baxter at Dallas Regionals ran 4 of the silent labs, and some deck lists i saw ran 2 Silent Labs along with 2 Fairy Garden, but to be honest i dont really like it. Plus with Vileplume/Decidueye running around as the "hot" deck right now, i think 4 is better to at least shut its abilities off. Thank you though for the suggestions! :)

The name pancakes was given to the original deck that was run by Team Fish Knuckles own Squeaky lol. Its notmally just called a Xerneas Break/Snorlax GX. The list that i based this on that was run by Kevin Baxter at Dallas Regionals ran 4 of the silent labs, and some deck lists i saw ran 2 Silent Labs along with 2 Fairy Garden, but to be honest i dont really like it. Plus with Vileplume/Decidueye running around as the "hot" deck right now, i think 4 is better to at least shut its abilities off. Thank you though for the suggestions! :)
Silent lab only shuts off basics so in decidueplume, it only locks off shaymin. Decidueye still can use feather arrow.

Yeah. I didn't realize this was a meta deck and I'm terrible at meta tactics so I suggest you not listen to anything I just said XD

So how would this deck go about preparing for that decidueye/vileplume matchup? I would think that deck would be a very uphill battle :/ lol

That is true lol it has a tendency to brick like greninja if it doesnt set up right xD

Back