• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Palkia/Primarina/Lapras

GengarBreak

Aspiring Trainer
The following deck has been serving me well on PTCGO in expanded lately, but I'm looking to bring it a little more up to speed with the current cards being played; I made this deck a good long while ago, and the majority of the Sun&Moon series wasn't out when it was first created. Note that I've seen a few HIGHLY similar decks out there, some even on Pokebeach, and with the exception of the Keldeo and maybe one or two other cards they are quite similar, so while this deck is created by me, I do tip my hat to them for having similar thoughts.

One thing that I've been toying with the idea of is Cynthia in place of other supporters, and another is Guzma in place of Lysandre's. The Keldeo is there as a non-EX/GX in case of Hoopa (Shining Legends) or Alolan Ninetails (thinking of swapping for an Oranguru - thoughts?), and I prefer the Primarina over something like Huntail for the HP reason alone, though I have been toying with the idea of some faster ways to get the entire line out quicker. Also, some way to heal, other than the rough seas, would be nice, but I don't know if there's room for that in the deck. Lana would be my guess in that regard, but I'm open to suggestions - I'm not well versed in healing cards, to be honest.

The premise of the deck is this: Manaphy is crucial, for switching without wasting the energies for retreat cost. The Lapras can attack for the big attack (non-GX) over and over, if you have 2 powered up, by switching them. The Palkia is there for getting the energies onto benched pokemon quickly; if possible, I start with Palkia every time, and this really helps with setting up a Lapras or a Primarina for later in the game. The Primarina is more of a mid-to-late game attacker, can tank the damage received, and has the GX move of healing up all pokemon (though, it is risky because you don't attack that turn, and if they have a heavy hitter, your Primarina will be toasted). The Lapras GX attack paralyzes which is really useful for 2H KO's and stopping an attack the next turn for decks that can't answer to it (surprisingly, there are quite a few decks without guzma's or switch's, and the escape board item card hasn't been as prevalent as I personally expected).

So enough with the explanation, below is the deck list. Again, keep in mind that this is from many sets ago, and I'm looking to bring it current. Any constructive help is welcome, please.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 156
* 1 Keldeo BCR 47
* 2 Lapras-GX SUM 139
* 2 Manaphy-EX BKP 32
* 2 Palkia-EX BKP 31
* 3 Popplio SUM 39
* 2 Brionne SUM 40
* 2 Primarina-GX PR-SM SM39

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FCO 107
* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 3 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 2 Skyla BKP 122
* 1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 107
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 N FCO 105
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 18

* 17 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
* 1 Splash Energy BKP 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Back