Discussion Pairing Mega Gardevoir STS with Garbodor

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
The regular way to play Mega Gardevoir is with lots of abilities, where Hoopa EX and Shaymin EX give you an explosive setup and Dragonite EX allows you to retrieve Pokémon to either draw or hit harder, and there are other support Pokémon you can use, like Rattata to remove Tools from the Defending Pokémon and Hawlucha to force your opponent to switch out.

By the way, the following list is what I currently have for my version of this deck:

Pokémon - 15
2 Hoopa EX AOR
4 Gardevoir EX PCL
3 M Gardevoir EX STS
2 Dragonite EX EVO
4 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainer - 37
3 Sky Field

1 Brock's Grit
2 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
3 N
4 Professor Sycamore

4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
2 Mega Turbo
4 Switch
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker

Energy - 8
8 Fairy Energy

The free card slot is where the fourth Switch is. I can as easily include something like a Rattata or a third Mega Turbo.

The thing is, this is not what this thread is about. It is about a less popular strategy involving the same Mega Gardevoir. That strategy is about hitting for 110+ damage every turn, healing with Fairy Drop, and make Knock Outs even harder by using Fairy Garden as the Stadium.

This version trades well with EX's in general, in this two hit format, because you can heal damage and the opposing deck probably cannot. But there is a problem: it will mostly struggle with one prizers it cannot take down in one hit, which include Greninja BREAK, Delphox BREAK and, if not enough sacrifices can be made, other bulky ones like Serperior and Yanmega BREAK. Not to forget, there are legendary Pokémon with Fighting Fury Belts that could also be impossible to one hit knock out.

However, there is a pattern with them, and it is that they often rely on abilities, like Giant Water Shuriken, Flare Witch, Sonic Vision, Steam Up, Shining Body, and many others. This is one of the numerous cases in which Garbodor could turn the tide and make Mega Gardevoir defeat without trouble what it should normally get beaten by.

In that version, Fairy Garden is the Stadium and Fairy Drops are used.
The strategy changes slightly to be: dealing 110 damage per turn when absolutely no Ability can be used.
Note that Garbodor also helps against the likes of Mega Alakazam and any Fighting deck that utilizes Carbink, among others.

Here is my draft list for that deck:

Pokémon - 13
2 Trubbish BKP
2 Garbodor BKP
1 Hoopa EX AOR
3 Gardevoir EX PCL
3 M Gardevoir EX STS
2 Shaymin EX ROS

Trainer - 39
3 Fairy Garden

1 Brock's Grit
2 Lysandre
3 N
4 Professor Sycamore

3 Escape Rope
4 Fairy Drop
1 Float Stone
4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
2 Mega Turbo
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker

Energy - 8
8 Fairy Energy

What changes would you make? Do you think a such type of Mega Gardevoir deck could work?
Any suggestions and contributions to the thread and the discussion around it are greatly appreciated.

Back