• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

PA Regs 4 deck choices-help appreciated

Which deck is best?

• Total voters

grantm1999

VileGar
Alright, there are five decks that I am considering playing for regs, but one of them is secret so I'm posting four. Suggestions for lists and what I should play are appreciated but be prepared for some (good-natured hopefully) arguments.

Garchomp/Terrakion
I like this deck because it hits 3 of the best main decks for weakness, as well as usually getting a T2 Mach Cut/Dragonblade. I also really like being able to drop a Terrakion/Energy/Energy Switch out of nowhere after they KO a Chomp thinking you're a n00b playing Fluffychomp

Pokemon-11

4 Gible (Which one should I use???)
2 Gabite (Dragon Call duh)
3 Garchomp (Mach Cut/Dragonblade)
2 Terrakion NVI

I/S/S-37

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
3 RR

4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Switch
3 Energy Switch
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
2 PlusPower
2 Super Rod

Energy-12

7 Fighting
1 Water
4 Blend WLFM

I don't run 4 Blend because it can be Enhanced Hammered and that can hurt because this deck has no energy accel. I also need a decent amount of Energy Switchable basic energy.

The Garbage Man (credit to Bruce aka Trapinch)
This is a surprisinly good deck as it trolls hard once set up. Protect Charge + Eviolite + Potions can be annoying. Can't find room for a 4th Potion...

Pokemon- 11

3 Trubbish NVI
3 Garbodor DRX
3 Registeel EX
2 Mewtwo EX

I/S/S- 38

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
3 RR

3 Eviolite
2 Giant Cape
2 Rocky Helmet
1 Super Rod
3 Potion
3 Catcher
3 Heavy Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 Switch

Energy- 11

7 Metal
4 DCE

Big Basics
I know this deck is good but I'm unsure if I should play Stunfisk because I love and always go for a T1 Mewtwo, although you'd have to hit the DCE. It can beat some decks easily that Terrakion hits for weakness and Tornadus EX takes care of other Terrakions. Mewtwo is Mewtwo and is incredible in this format. Some annoying Pokemon to this deck are: Registeel EX, Rayquaza EX, Shaymin EX, and Tornadus EX. Bouffalant is included as my best bet for these.

Pokemon- 10

3 Terrakion NVI
3 Mewtwo EX
2 Tornadus EX
2 Bouffalant DRX

I/S/S- 39

4 N
3 Juniper (I had 4 but I was killing myself w/ them WAY too often so I replaced 1 w/ Bianca)
3 Bianca
3 RR

4 Catcher
4 PlusPower
4 Ultra Ball
4 Switch
3 Tool Scrapper
3 Energy Switch
2 Eviolite
1 Super Rod

Energy-11

7 Fighting
4 DCE

TerraZeels
Seems like a solid good deck and not to commonplace or predictable.

Pokemon- 13

4 Tynamo (Wave)
3 Eelektrik
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Terrakion NVI
1 Zekrom EX
1 Raikou EX

I/S/S- 31

4 N
4 Juniper
3 RR
2 Bianca

4 Switch
3 Catcher
3 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod

2 SAB

Energy-16

4 DCE
4 Fighting
8 Lightning

Thanks in advance for help and thanks for at least looking at my decks, maybe one of them will work for you !:)

In Garchomp, Water is terrible IMO. Late game, I'd rather use mach cut then attach a water then pass. Just run more fighting or WLFM instead.
Ok not more fighting, but maybe 2 WLFM a fighting and a 4th candy for speed.

Seniors Meta is going to be something easy to play in PA. Glace and I have discussed this a lot, but we both think Garchomp is going to be incredibly popular.

Based on that, I would say play Zeels.

And as RogueChomp said, if you want to play Garchomp, WLFM is better.

You know that I came up with Garchomp/Terrakion :p. If you do play it play 2/2 Gible. You'll need them both in different situations, so that's what I run.

Another thing is that you need either Mewtwo or Mew in this deck. You will get smoked by opposing Mewtwo.

Also the deck can have energy accel- Terrakion EX

I was testing Gible splits, and I think 3 Sand attack 1 50 hp is the play. Sand attack is better, but 50 HP helps as a pinch underestimated surprise attacker that can set up KOs. Sand attacks prevent being T1 KOd. Which is very important.

For Garchomp I have one recommendation which i used in my deck and did pretty good with, but you dont have to follow it.
Cut 1 terrakion, add another garchomp. Terrakion can knock out some of the biggest decks like zeel and darkrai, but chances arent 100% you will be vsing the deck.

TheImpossible said:
For Garchomp I have one recommendation which i used in my deck and did pretty good with, but you dont have to follow it.
Cut 1 terrakion, add another garchomp. Terrakion can knock out some of the biggest decks like zeel and darkrai, but chances arent 100% you will be vsing the deck.

I understand the logic for having a 4th Garchomp (really basic stuff) but I cannot see having only 1 Terrakion in an anti-meta deck; and the chances are pretty darn close to 100% that you'll be vs.ing Darkrai or Eels :p

Bo$$_89 said:
You know that I came up with Garchomp/Terrakion :p. If you do play it play 2/2 Gible. You'll need them both in different situations, so that's what I run.

Another thing is that you need either Mewtwo or Mew in this deck. You will get smoked by opposing Mewtwo.

Also the deck can have energy accel- Terrakion EX
Yes and you also played Terra EX, Tornadus EX, Groudon EX, Gigas EX, Aerodactyl, and Excadrill too :p

I considered Mewtwo, but Mach Cut's effect is supposed to keep it in check then you can finish it with DragonbladePlusPower. Also, I have absolutely no room for Mewtwo, with or without DCEs/

Terrakion EX is the most counter-productive thing to this deck. I'd rather have T2 100 then T2 50/T3 90, and I don't need accel because I have cheap attackers and Energy Switch.

I see where you're coming from, but my Garchomp/Terrakion just is supposed to play a lot differently than yours did.

Back