OxleyW / JungleBeatz1 2015 Play! Report

JungleBeatz

Financial Genius
About the Player
NAME: OxleyW (Formerly known as: JungleBeatz1)
AGE Division: Masters
Competition: Trading Card Game [TCG]
Associated Team: Team Toxic
twitter-icon.png
twitch-icon.png
favicon_32-vflWoMFGx.png

Last Season Statistics / Standings
2014 Overall Record: 26 won/18 lost
Premier Rating: 1734.01
Champion Points: 60

This Season Statistics / Standings
2015 Overall Record: 95 won/56 lost
Premier Rating: 1774.95
Champion Points: 234

Template

insert title
Place:
Deck:
Props:
Slops:
Record:

Fall Season 2014-2015

League Challenge #1 Extended Format:
Place: 1st
Deck: Turbo Lugia EX + Latias EX
Props: Luck, Opponent's having worse hands then myself, avoiding the Pyroar matchup, 15 Champ Points
Slops: Terrible Hands, Playing my standard deck in an extended format
Record: W-W-W-W (4-0)

Pre Release: Furious Fists
Place: DNF
Deck: Trapinch + Tornadus + Halucha EX
Props: Halucha EX + Mountain ring coming in handy
Slops: boring and slow play, eagerness to play LC #1
Record: L-W-DNF

League Challenge #2 Standard Format
Place: 5th
Deck: Weavile / Lopunny
Props: Rogue Deck list tested very positively, Lopunny's Big Jump to negate Toxicroak+Dragagle deck entirely
Slops: One misplay costed me the top spot in the final [4th] round, Losing the last 2 rounds to miss out on some champ points
Record: W-W-L-L (2-2)

League Challenge #3 Extended Format
Deck: Drifblim / Sigilyph / Mewtwo
Props: Won some games, worked great, donked a Durant deck
Slops: Lost to two fighting decks that I shouldnt have lost against, dead drawing hands, losing last 2 rounds to yet again place 5th & miss out on champ points, no 4th place Solrock
Record: W-W-W-L-L (3-2)

League Challenge #4 Standard Format
Place: 8th
Deck: Yveltal/Garb/Raichu/Seismitoad
Props: Throwing in Raichu at the last second, Top decking Lysandre when I needed it, winning a tough match against Yveltal/Dedenne, watching a Donphan deck dead draw and getting the nuts with Seismi EX + Garb turn 2
Slops: Losing the very last game by attaching an energy to a yveltal even though I saw my opponent skyla for a lysandre and having a full powered Mewtwo on the backburner, Flubbing round 4 costing me champ points, having poor resistance ranking me so low (especially since winning my last match could've finished 2nd or 3rd) no Solrock [again]
Record: L-W-W-L (2-2)

Fort Wayne Regional Championships
Place: 173rd out of 404
Deck: Yveltal/Garbodor/Raichu
Props: Raichu coming through for mirror matches, Garbodor giving me an edge in Gensect matchups and HUGE Evil balls with Bacon Dragon EX, having a room with JUST my teammate and I two nights @ 50$ [Thanks OSU for the stipend], seeing all the people from Nationals & last year's Ft Wayne Regionals, lunch break
Slops: Winning game 1 six out of nine times only to end in a tie or a loss, Dylan Bryan "net-deckers" who used Donphan/Outragers, missing all cuts (top 32, 64 and 128), No Champ points & No packs
Record: W-L-W-T-T-T-W-L-L (3-3-3) 12pts

League Challenge #5 Extended Format
Deck: Accelgor/Trevenant + Victini EX/VPiece Tech
Props: Locking the decks that didnt tech Keldeo EX, Playing the deck I've been wanting to play for so long (playing it on PTCGO)
Slops: The hype wasn't real, Only having 1 Tropical Beach makes the deck slow, Victini was no help since no VirGens, losing 3 straight to hurt my premier rating, no CP, no Solorock, no packs, little to no play room on the tables, Not giving us more room when people dropped (there was a unused row of tables after round 5), straight up disappointment
Record: W-W-L-L-L-L; (2-4-0); Drop before the final round

Pre Release: Phantom Force
Place: 1st
Deck: Night March + Giraffe
Props: Battle Compressor and getting all kinds of supports making the deck actually not stall out, no energy clump, Joltetic donking a Yanema
Slops: Pulling a M Manetric Ex & not being able to use it since no Manetric EX
Record: W-W-W (3-0)

League Challenge #6
Place: 3rd
Deck: Turbo Lugia
Props: Playing the deck I love, no Pyroar matchups, good draws, powering up very quickly, Pulling 3 FAs out of the 3 packs I won (Dragonite EX, Xerneas EX, Shaymin EX), Champion points
Slops: Final round losing from a comeback from a Donphan Deck; Would've finished first if I had tied or won, Opening round player dropped hurting my resistance, no First place Solrock
Record: W-W-W-W-L (4-1)

Winter Season 2014-2015

League Challenge #6 Standard Format
Place:1st
Deck: Donphan
Props: Donphan is arguably BDIF. With Robo Sub walls and Outrager walls, this pokemon is hard to hit. Every match that could have been bad went well. Ran into Seismitoad EX, Yveltal EX, Kyurem and Kyurem EX. Also ran into favorable Manectric EX and M Manectric EX.No entry Fee and minimal drive made it worth it. 1st Place Pumpkaboo.
Slops: Playing my teammate round two. Both had supporter drought but I drew into a Korina + Comp search first and drew into the Lysandre to kill a Kyurem EX so he was a little bit salty (He ended up taking second anyways).
Record: W-W-W-W (4-0)

Dayton, OH City Championships
Place: 13th
Props: Donphan tested fairly well, finished 2-2-2 an average record, getting a gold reshiram from trades
Slops: missing top cut AGAIN (I always miss top cut when it comes to cities), denied the chance at top cut in the final round to my opponent (losing in a 5-6 prize exchange), the two ties due to my opponents playing EXTREMELY SLOW keeping me from topcut (I was winning in both those games), bad pulls from prize packs
Record: L-W-T-T-W-L (2-2-2)

Findlay, OH City Championships
Place: 21st
Props: Donphan proved to be a tough competitor, got to play my Gold Reshiram and Gold Zekrom for extra swag, got to play one of my play testing partners round 5 to edge out a win with a kyurem outrage with only a muscleband KOing a drifblim which was sweeping my team
Slops: Played against 3 mirror match donphans to lose to 2 of them, middle of the road record of 3-3 not even coming close to top cut, running into Donphans worst matchup in the last round (Plasma Kyurem)
Record: W-W-L-L-W-L (3-3-0)

Mansfield, OH City Championship
Place: 2nd
Deck:
Landorus/Lucario/Dusknoir
Props: Playing the primary deck I tested after putting Donphan on the back burner, all the people who lent me the pieces of my deck (I had 6 of the 13 pokemon in the deck), Lucario EX somersault kicking and corkscrew uppercutting my way into top cut (It won against a VG matchup all on its own), getting favorable matchups in top cut to make it to finals, good pack pulls (FA LTC, Dialga EX, Jamming net, Florges EX, and a large amount of staples), misplaying in round 2 but my opponent re-opened the win back up for me instead of tying, round 5 everyone playing it out instead of IDing (I ID with my opponent who finished 3-0-2 before top cut and i squeezed in with 3-1-1 thanks to everyone else who was 3-1-1 playing out), 40 champ points
Slops: Playing Donphan in the finals and just not getting anything I needed to kill Phanpy early, being denied the sweet acrylic trophy that I've been chasing, losing opening round against the person who kept me out of top cut in Dayton (I will get my revenge eventually), donking my play testing friend round 3 who got upset and then dropped, not being able to use Dusknoir as much as I wanted to (especially in the finals)
Record: L-W-W-W-T (3-1-1) TC: W-W-L (2nd Place)

Parkersburg, WV City Championship
Place: 10th
Deck: Landorus/Lucario/Dusknoir
Props: Playing my special creation, winning some close games, and winning some landslide games
Slops: Losing to Nightmarch (that played no Mr Mime) because of 2/3 Landorus EX prized, making the adjustment removing the Enhanced hammers for a 3rd max potion & Landorus which didn't do anything for me, the 4 top tables ID'ing to shut me out of top cut while I play out on table 5
Record: W-L-L-W-W (3-2)

Strongsvile, OH City Championships
Deck:
Landorus/Lucario/Dusknoir
Props: Reverting back to the Mansfield build, Enhanced hammer being clutch in several matchups, beating the pyroar seismitoad who ended up winning the whole thing, being the number 1 seed going into the top cut, playing an easy round 1 opponent who played all day making my resistance very strong even if I was close to bubbling out
Slops: Getting paired against the same person who defeated me in the Mansfield finals, both of us playing virtually the same decks and losing again, opening Jirachi EX & having a bad game 1, Using Lysandre on a Donphan instead of the outrage kyurem costing me game 2
Record: W-W-W-W-T (4-0-1) TC: L (5th)

Alliance, OH City Championships
Place: 12th
Deck: Thundurus/Deoxys/Kyurem (Plasma TDK)
Props: Last minute switch to TDK since I planned to play Yveltal & Donphan matchups all day, beating all the TDK bad matchups (Pyroar, Genesect/Balloons, Gengar/Walls)
Slops: Not playing a single Donphan and 1 Yveltal match up, Losing 2 straight after going 3-0 at the beginning of the day (1 win in round 4 or 5 would've put me in which had favorable match ups in Top cut), playing sloppy in round 4 against Bats+Mewtwo EX, struggling against tool drop deck
Record: W-W-W-L-L-W (4-2)

Massilon, OH City Championships
Deck: Thundurus/Deoxys/Kyurem (Plasma TDK)
Props: Plasma being my favorite deck was easy choice, 58 masters at the tournament meant predicting meta game wasnt going to be easy so any good deck would be a decent choice, destroying a Donphan deck in round 2, seeing an old High school friend and playing some old decks (09 Beedril VS '10 Gyarados), Bought an Xerneas collection box for 12$ (really good price)
Slops: Losing to a Donphan deck in round 3 (Opponent opened lone Phanpy and passed, Kyurem with water M band and whiffed the Colress Machine for the donk, Played too aggressively after whiffing costing me the game), losing to the most bizarre fairies deck from dead drawing (I somehow pathetically took 4 prizes), dropping out of being fed up w/ TDK (Plasma letting me down sucked)
Record: L-W-L-L-<Dropped>

Columbus, OH City Championships
Place: 16th
Deck: TDK
Props: Opting to play my favorite deck, making some sweet trades (picking up a Seismitoad at no real cost, picking up a FA Deoxys for minimal cost)
Slops: lots of bad match ups, arriving late not being able to scout wouldve told me that fighting would be the safer play, not very much Donphan, Toad decks, nothing good out of packs
Record: W-W-L-W-L-L (3-3)

Kent, OH City Championships
Place: 12th
Deck: Fighting/Dusknoir
Props: Largest OH city, top 16 got points (so I walked out with 10 ending this years cities run), My old college friend coming along for his first tournament and finishing 3-3 with my TDK list, steam rolling back to back VG decks (one of them being an opponent from Findlay), Getting 2 packs for bring a new person (Getting a Manectric EX from the 2 packs), getting Aegislash EX from 2 packs for placing 12th, Donk-ing a Skrelp for the second time this season
Slops: Losing to Yveltal (one person who I've always beat & a losing in the final match keeping me from top cutting)
Record: W-W-L-W-W-L (4-2)

St. Louis Winter Regional Championships
Place: 26th
Deck: Virizion-Genesect (Vanilla-Sect) & Empoleon/Dusknoir
Notes: I did it! I top cut at my very first regionals, after weeks of testing Seismitoad/Pyroar I switch to VG the weekend before the tournament!
Props: My friend Deon lending me his VG practice deck & then helping me with modifications & practicing all the match ups the week before, my other friend Andrew for lending me 3 Genesect & 4 Virizion & 1 G booster to play the list I created, predicting the correct meta game (most using: Lando-Bats, Toad Variants, VG, Yveltal, Fairy/manectric), Red signal bench Jirachi EX against round 9 opponent on turn +2 game 3 to secure my t32 spot (30th), Playing Empoleon which i had much practice with in t32, everyone who lent me cards in top cut (1 beach, and 2 Miltank FLF), amazing pulls from the 28 packs (SR switch, M Aggron, M gardy, FA Trev, etc), getting out of the tilt winning out (i usually stay in tilt once i lose twice), 30 champ points
Slops: Empoleon was not the correct t32 play (wrong prediction), forgot my repel at home (both loses were to Lando-Bats {one of them made t4}), having to struggle against google C's Exeggutor blockade deck (ending in a Tie), leaving my bathroom bag at the hotel, only bring one tie (i didn't like the color so i didn't wear it), having crappy sleeves in t32 (my sleeves stuck & didn't help that my hands were kinda sweaty)
Record: W-W-T-L-L-W-W-W-W (6-2-1) TC: L-T-W-L-T (1-2-2) Final: (7-4-3)
Deck List
k2cktl.jpg

Spring Season 2014-2015

Mansfield, OH League Challenge: Mauville Season
Deck: Seismitoad/Yveltal/Garbodor
Props: Minimal Playtesting, inspired by comparable Florida Regional lists, 12 CP, no bad matchups, excellent laser flips
Slops: Losing to the first place winner in round 3 (supporter drought 4 turns straight), missing out on first place spoils (15 champ points, m aggron ex, 1st place Avalugg)
Record: W-W-L-W (3-1)

Kentucky State Championships
Place: 3rd (Semi Finalist)
Deck: Yveltal/Garbodor/Seismitoad
Props: Was 100% confident in my deck pick (no regrets), top 4, earning my first acrylic Pokemon trophy, prize support, no games going to time, Ohio players dominance over Kentucky, winning my top 8 match on stream
Slops: the 3 hour drive time, playing sloppy and getting away with it, losing to Kevin Baxter's P Kyogre deck twice (once in swiss & again in top4)
Record: W-W-L-W-L-W-W (5-2) TC: (W-L) Top4

Ohio State Championships
Place: 41st
Deck: Archie's Blastoise / Keldeo EX
Props: Using a creative rogue deck, seeing old friends, going above .500 W/L
Slops: many misplays, wrong meta prediction, No championship points
Record: T-W-L-L-W-L-W-W (4-3-1)

Ohio State Championships Day 2 League Challenge
Place: 9th
Deck: Archie's Blastoise
Props:
Slops:
Record:

League Challnege Mauville Season Dublin OH
Deck: VG + Tropius + Seismitoad
Props: Teching against my two main competitions (KBax &WRH) and playing against both in semi & finals, pulled latios EX out of RSK packs, small league and quick league challenge
Slops: Losing to WRH in finals (VG vs Blastoise) due to dead draws
Record: 2-1 (W-W-L)

Nicholas Bailey Open
Place:9th
Deck: Florges + Techs
Props: Jaylin placing 2nd in seniors, Team Toxic showing up & lending me fairies (Bryan H. is bae), the event raised +$3000 for NB, over all fun event
Slops: Arriving late due to Taco bell Revenge the previous night, missing cut because of 2 dead draws in my two games, bubbling out at 9th, not recieving a T8 nick bailey trophy, not winning the World's deck raffle,
Record: W-L-W-L-W-W (4-2) 9th

Last edited:
RE: JungleBeatz1 2015 Play! Report

Winter Cities has concluded (maybe one more left). Winter Regionals still remains

I also still like to play turbo lugia with latias, and I was hoping to get your thoughts on my decklist, seeing as yours is going pretty darn well.

thedemonbarber said:
I also still like to play turbo lugia with latias, and I was hoping to get your thoughts on my decklist, seeing as yours is going pretty darn well.

I don't use Lugia in the current format. Too much hammers + toads and aegislash ex. It was severally handicapped by the release of Phantom Forces. But I'll eventually do another updated list video (on my youtube) for Lugia soon.

I think with the downfall of pyroar, it becomes more feasable to run without the latios, so i was thinking i might run lightning instead or rainbow. Do you think it is worth giving up the ability to attack with deoxys?

Back