Overrated?

goliaththegreat

Aspiring Trainer
What card do you think is over rated and why?
Imo gengar from stormfront is overrated.His damage output is so so,and he's prettyeasy to play around.Not going to lie fainting spell hurts.

J

Juliacoolo

Gengar isn't really underrated. Many would say he's atop the metagame, and he's not doing to bad. Two solid and disrupting atacks, a killer body, free retreat, and quick setup is pretty good. I think gangar X is over rated though. It hurts your deck more than helps in 65% of your games.

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
IMO Luxray GL X is overrated. It takes up a whole bunch of space in your deck, can be power sprayed, and is hard to find the pieces for.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
amisheskimoninja said:
IMO Luxray GL X is overrated. It takes up a whole bunch of space in your deck, can be power sprayed, and is hard to find the pieces for.
LOLLLLL. A gust of wind up to 5-6 times in a game is overrated?

INFERNAPE112892 said:
gyrados SF
LOLLLLL. 90 for 0 is overrated?

I think Tangrowth LV. X is really over-rated. Everyone thinks that removing 40 damage is great. And it would be if it didn't need a flip.

revdjweb

Aspiring Trainer
at this juncture claydol ge is actually overrated. there have been enough good trainers and other cards released in the last year and a half that many decks don't even need claydol anymore, but everyone is so used to putting it in that they don't experiment enough to find that out. don't get me wrong, across the board it's still the best draw engine, but it certainly isn't the only draw engine that can work in the top tier.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Celebi23 said:
I think Tangrowth LV. X is really over-rated. Everyone thinks that removing 40 damage is great. And it would be if it didn't need a flip.
This. Tangrowth Lv.X is EXTREMELY overrated, it's not even funny. A flippy heal is just not worth it, and his attacks aren't that great. Plus, he is a bit slow until you get out the Lv.X (in which he might still be slow.)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Tangrowth and IMO Spiritomb is overrated. I just don't see Trainer lock that big of a deal with Luxray/Warp in the format.

dmaster out.

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
Defenitely Tangrowth. Should I repeat what the others said or can you just read their posts?

dmaster said:
Tangrowth and IMO Spiritomb is overrated. I just don't see Trainer lock that big of a deal with Luxray/Warp in the format.

dmaster out.

Always makes me laugh ;p

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Right. I forgot about that lol. My point still stands. Luxape is still popular as well and Infernape can force switches as well...

dmaster out.

Seth1789110

But there is power spray+mesprit+other spiritomb. I mean I am sure there would be multiple spiritomb, to counter the obvious.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Then that just becomes an easy prize for Luxrays or opposing ones. :F

dmaster out.

gengar the baller

10th in NA Seniors
Uxie just kidding. Anyway, I think Expert Belt is overated actually, I mean your opponent gets two prize cards which will add up.
They also become useless as Pachi owns them.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
dmaster said:
Right. I forgot about that lol. My point still stands. Luxape is still popular as well and Infernape can force switches as well...

dmaster out.
Gl getting Luxray out when you can't SP Radar or Premier Ball it. Sure in Raybees and Gyarados it isn't a problem, but what about SP decks?

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Celebi23 said:
Gl getting Luxray out when you can't SP Radar or Premier Ball it. Sure in Raybees and Gyarados it isn't a problem, but what about SP decks?

SP decks should be playing Bebe's as well. Killing it the old fashioned way never hurt either. Many SPs can easily do 60 and Gyarados/Beedrill can easily do it as well. Luxray isn't even needed to get an easy prize lol.

dmaster out.

Seth1789110

^^He is a fair amount, and Flygon is also something ninetails is built to counter. All Ninetails needs to KO FlyX is like a prior split bomb from Infernape, and then Lucario on the bench, and thats it. It can one shot regular Flygon with Lucario, so it is very useful.