• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Overpowering Magma (Team Magma's Zangoose / Team Magma's Camerupt)

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
(Edit: SECOND time trying to fix this, the net at my parents is so poor it didn't save the post, and I'm not gonna try a third time if it doesn't save it this time)

This is my first time posting a deck list here, so I'm hoping I can get some tips on if this deck is good or how it can be made better.

I just want to say in advance, however, that whilst I'm open for suggestions and replacements, there's no other way I can get more Double Crisis packs outside of shopping online, as the only place I found selling them was a game shop whilst I was in the Isle of Wight, and I only got two four-pack blisters (couldn't spend all my holiday money on just cards ^^; )

From what I was able to get, I've been able to make a deck up which I think is semi-decent and easy to run, following a Team Magma theme throughout. Unless otherwise stated, all cards in this deck are from Double Crisis.

Pokémon:
  • 1 Team Magma's Groudon EX
  • 3 Team Magma's Zangoose
  • 3 Team Magma's Poochyena
  • 2 Team Magma's Mightyena
  • 1 Team Magma's Aron (Mainly so I have enough Magma Pokémon for the Supporters)
  • 4 Team Magma's Numel
  • 3 Team Magma's Camerupt (I do have a fourth I could swap the Aron out for if need be)
  • 1 Solrock (PRC 83) (Solar Generator, to help get my Double Magma/Colorless out)
  • 1 Furfrou (XY 114/146) (Fur Coat)
  • 1 Kangaskhan EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Steven
  • 1 Magma Pointer
  • 3 Team Magma Admin
  • 4 Team Magma Grunt
  • 3 Team Magma's Secret Base
  • 2 Team Magma's Great Ball
  • 3 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
Energy Cards:
  • 3 Double Magma Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 12 Fighting Energy
  • 5 Fire Energy
Strategy:

The main strategies would work around either:

A: Getting Zangoose and a full bench of Magma Pokémon from the off, then using Team Play to do a solid 100 damage per attack

or

B: Getting Groudon paired with Secret Base so that Magma Quake does 160 damage over the normal 80.

Furfrou can help serve as an emergency meat shield should I end up in a bind.

Just let me know what you think :)

Last edited:
Back