• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Overgrown Forest (Jumpluff/Yanmega/Cinccino)

Decmaster

Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
Story time.

So, it was after Worlds, where my deck did horribly. I found that it had NO consistency, and so I decided to scrap it. Well, then I had no deck to play, as there isn't that wide of a selection of decks that I liked. So, I decided to look through my cards. Well, as I looked through, I found my old VilePluff deck. Remembering the good old days, I tried to see if there was any way to bring Jumpluff to his previous glory. Well, looking at Cinccino, I realized that they had a lot in common, both hitting for bench size. And, I decided to tech in Yanmega Prime, just because he fit too well. So, my deck was born. Here's the list:

Pokemon – 25
3-2-3 Jumpluff (HGSS/HGSS/HGSS)
3-3 Cinccino (BW/BW)
2-2 Yanmega Prime (TM/TM)
1-1 Metapod (HGSS/HGSS)
1-1 Zoroark (BW/BW)
3 Pichu (HGSS)

T/S/S – 23
3 Copycat
2 Judge
2 PlusPower
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Reversal
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Rare Candy

Energy – 12
5 Grass Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Rescue Energy

So, that's the deck. The main strategy is to use the number of benched Pokemon to destroy my opponent, and the reason that both Jumpluff and Cinccino are in there are because if my opponent's bench isn't full, then Jumpluff is massively hurt. Metapod greatly helps my matchups against Reshiram, Zekrom, and Magnezone. Zozoark is nice because I'm already running DCE, and he helps my match ups against Reshiram as long as he has a PlusPower. Here are the notes:

• I plan on switching the Pokemon Reversal for Pokemon Catcher when I get them.
• I plan on switching the Minccino for the Psycho Drive/Hail Blizzard one, and the Emerging Powers one while I wait.
• I plan on switching the Zoura for either the McDonalds promo, or the Emerging Powers one, but I'm not sure which.
• I'm considering adding in one Butterfree (HGSS), just in case Metapod get's Catchered, because Butterfree has free retreat.
• As an idea, I'm thinking about Beartic, as, for one Water and a DCE, he greatly increases my Reshiram matchup, as well as 2HKO'ing Donphan.
• I prefer Pichu over another starter because if my opponent does get basics, then I bring up Jumpluff. If they don't, its Cinccino time. I like giving my opponent a choice. ;D

That's it for now. Any advice is appreciated.

i've been waiting for a deck like this for a while, but here are some suggestions:
-1 pichu(it is still your ideal starter, but taking out one probably won't hurt)
-3 reversal(like you said you are going to replace with catcher)
-1 rare candy(since you are only going to rare candy jumpluff, 3 really isn't really needed)
-2 pluspower(you probably will be hitting for enough damage anyway)
-1 copycat(since the deck revolves around jumpluff and cinccino, yanmega is really a back-up attacker)

+1 manaphy(i know you said you like pichu, but this will help with draw)
+2 catcher(can reuse with junk arm)
+1 flower shop lady(can help you recover if things don't turn put good in the beginning of the game)
+3 junk arm(can help get back useful trainers)
+1 pokemon collector(helps with consistency and late game can be discarded with junk arm)

Hope i helped =)

-1-1 Zoroark BW (No point really in this deck)
-3 Pichu (At risk for getting Donked)
-2 Professor Elm's Training Method
-1 Professor Oak's New Theory
-3 Pokemon Reversal

+2-2 Sunflora HGSS
+2 Judge
+3 Pokemon Catcher
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Manaphy

-Pokemon Catcher is essentially Pokemon Reversal, but without the flip.
-Sunflora helps set up, and is quicker than PETM.
-Run more Judge for Refreshment if you're playing Yanmega Prime, so you can attack with it more often.
-Always run 3 Pokemon Collector and 3 Pokemon Communication.
-Manaphy is drawpower, but has a pretty low risk of getting donked.

DarknessGrace said:
i've been waiting for a deck like this for a while, but here are some suggestions:
-1 pichu(it is still your ideal starter, but taking out one probably won't hurt)
-3 reversal(like you said you are going to replace with catcher)
-1 rare candy(since you are only going to rare candy jumpluff, 3 really isn't really needed)
-2 pluspower(you probably will be hitting for enough damage anyway)
-1 copycat(since the deck revolves around jumpluff and cinccino, yanmega is really a back-up attacker)

+1 manaphy(i know you said you like pichu, but this will help with draw)
+2 catcher(can reuse with junk arm)
+1 flower shop lady(can help you recover if things don't turn put good in the beginning of the game)
+3 junk arm(can help get back useful trainers)
+1 pokemon collector(helps with consistency and late game can be discarded with junk arm)

Hope i helped =)
Actually, I've been testing out starters for a while now. Mainly Manaphy and Pichu. I think I can test one less Pichu for a Manaphy, but it might be hard to change my mind. :/

I agree with most of your other changes. I'm going to take out a Rare Candy for a Flower Shop Lady, because I already took out the PlusPowers. (See the bottom of this post) I'm not so optimistic about Junk Arm, never have been, but I suppose it's worth trying. As for the Collector, I didn't think I'd need the third because of Pichu, and Collector, as far as I've tested, at least, isn't really that wonderful late game.

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
-1-1 Zoroark BW (No point really in this deck)
-3 Pichu (At risk for getting Donked)
-2 Professor Elm's Training Method
-1 Professor Oak's New Theory
-3 Pokemon Reversal

+2-2 Sunflora HGSS
+2 Judge
+3 Pokemon Catcher
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Manaphy

-Pokemon Catcher is essentially Pokemon Reversal, but without the flip.
-Sunflora helps set up, and is quicker than PETM.
-Run more Judge for Refreshment if you're playing Yanmega Prime, so you can attack with it more often.
-Always run 3 Pokemon Collector and 3 Pokemon Communication.
-Manaphy is drawpower, but has a pretty low risk of getting donked.
Alright, a few points of concerns with your suggestions. I can't justify running a heavy Judge line where Yanmega is only a back-up attacker. However, I could see one more as a benefit. My plan was to run three, but I only had two for use. I'll try one more, and, if possible, two more.
As for Sunflora, I've always liked the card. However, it just doesn't fit in this deck. This deck, where I have so many Pokemon that fill my bench, (A usual game has: Jumpluff, Yanmega, Cinccino, Metapod, Zoroark, and a Pichu/second of Yanmega/Jumpluff/Cinccino) it really makes it hard to find room for a Sunflora. However, I can see how it might help, so I'll test it. I don't run 3 Pokemon Collector because I run Pichu, and that leads me to my Pichu argument. I tried my deck with Manaphy as a start, that was the first way I tried it. However, I found that with maybe a T4-5 on Manaphy, and a T2 with Pichu, I like Pichu better. However, I am in the process of testing starters right now.

I have decided to try a 1-1 Beartic line with two water energies as a Reshiram/Donphan counter. I took out 1-1 Zoroark and 2 PlusPower for it.

-1-1 Zoroark (Pointless really)
-1-1 Metapod (Jumpluff and Yanmega both get one shot by the pokemon there weak against, without weakness.)

+2-2 Sunflora
Sunflora will make this SO much faster!

Nawnawnaw. Keep the Zoroark and Metapod in there. At least the Zoroark. You're gonna get trashed by Reshiram, so Zoroark provides a nice counter to that and Zekrom as well. You could take out the Metapod for the Beartic, if need be. I also think that Yanmega should be less emphasized, meaning you'd cut that down to a 1-1. Take out two Copycat. Now you have a 2-2 Sunflora line that will definitely increase the speed of your deck.

I don't think this is the updated list...so you should do that. My changes are probably not effective if it is already. :p

Back