Other Trading Game? Spending?

BunnyBuner

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys, I already play the Pokemon TCG and wanted to start playing more. I profit from playing the game and its a really fun hobby. I want to play more but not sure what because of money. If you guys could help me solve out a little plan to play/sell/trade more cards, and still have fun without loosing anything. I don't really know how much I spend on cards because I don't keep track. I'd estimate a few hundred every month that has a tournament because I buy single cards.

Thanks.

Well, if you can spend hundreds a month on cards, you could easily get into Yu-Gi-Oh. Some cards can get insanely expensive (see Tour Guide from the Underworld and Rescue Rabbit), but if you have a budget like that, then it should be fine. Especially with the next set coming out in about a month or so, you can really profit off of boxes (if you happen to get any, that is).

don()shinobi said:
Well, if you can spend hundreds a month on cards, you could easily get into Yu-Gi-Oh. Some cards can get insanely expensive (see Tour Guide from the Underworld and Rescue Rabbit), but if you have a budget like that, then it should be fine. Especially with the next set coming out in about a month or so, you can really profit off of boxes (if you happen to get any, that is).
I do know how to play yugioh, I've been playing online for quite some time now and am catching up ( used to play, didn't play for a while, and now I got back ) and I know about tour guide but I'm still very bad at the TCG. As in I still don't know the prices, values, and how to identify rare, secrets, ultras, etc. I heard that reprint Pot of Duality are good, but if I do play, I can't guarantee how much I might spend. Do you play Yugioh? If yes, how much you think you spend?

Thanks.

Well, I personally am a budget player, so I switch between staples with most decks that I make. The most that I've ever spent on a deck is $100, but that was for a meta deck. That was Karakuri, by the way...extremely easy for a newcomer to learn how to play.

I personally spend about...$30 a month on average, honestly. I don't participate in tournaments at all, though I do collect and duel with friends.

If you wanna get back into it, just shoot me a PM. I can answer any question you may have about the current status of the game and such.

don()shinobi said:

Well at least tour guide is getting a reprint

But i would recommend Magic the gathering or yugioh, i think magic has a better community and is very much easier to understand than yugioh, if you want a very large diverse game i think yugioh is your way to go, because they dont have set rotations like magic or pokemon, they just ban and semi restrict cards.

DarknessGrace said:
Well at least tour guide is getting a reprint

But i would recommend Magic the gathering or yugioh, i think magic has a better community and is very much easier to understand than yugioh, if you want a very large diverse game i think yugioh is your way to go, because they don't have set rotations like magic or pokemon, they just ban and semi restrict cards.
I know they know to play yugioh already so its easier for me, but I really didn't know you could use any card from any set as long as they're not banned. Thanks for the extra Intel!

BunnyBuner said:
I know they know to play yugioh already so its easier for me, but I really didn't know you could use any card from any set as long as they're not banned. Thanks for the extra Intel!

Welcome =)

Back