Other boards-My struggle.

prophet1986

Need's A Support group
Well its seem's that this is my new forum home.

After searching the internet for a good and reasonable forum to become a community with i was happy to see this one has a more "Freindly" outlook on the community.

To show you what i mean. The last forum i was on was a bunch of power abusing....numpties. allow me to explain.

it all started when i got my fisr box of cards. i posted a trade post

"HOLY Cr-ap! I got cards"
The reason i used this as a title was to not only lighten the mood
(other trades we as follows.)
i have this. and this.. and blah...and blah.. boring!
so a bunch of people set up trades. and were quite happy with me.
then this came.

Dear prophet1986,

Your post has been brought to the attention of The Blahblah Staff. Your post, listed below, goes against The Rules or special forum guidelines posted in a specific forum.

Rule/Guideline Violated:
Posting content or links above a PG rating

Specific Explanation:
I think your title was a bit extreme for our PG site so please refrain from making anything like this in the future. Any further may result in infraction points and even time off from the site.

Thanks,Bob(i will not release the username)

ok..ok..WHA? PG and your giving me an infraction for CR-ap?!?!?!
IT'S IN DISNEY MOVIES....

So i decide to well make it "public" in a post.

this was my post.

Ill be honest. so far i have told a few of my freinds not to come here.
Due the the moderation on this board does need some looking at.

I understand that there may be kids coming on this site, but a few of the things that i have been warned/infracted for they hear/see at SCHOOL. or heaven forbid. disney movies.

The information in certian sections is good, but some of it make no sence.(the glaceon article)
Some of you guys have good information and help when you can. and in return i help were i can
(ask the guy with the earth day deck).

but personal i feel very limited by what i can say/post on this board. i litterly have to think 3 times about what im going to post.

and before any mod's/ admins reply to this. This is under my opinion. i have read the forum rules about six times. i understand this is a "E" site.

When i was told about blahblah i thought hey,a pure pokemon tcg site, awsome!
But what i found was a poorly informative(spare the FEW by far gem's of information) almost Nazi-modded forum, at least the community is nice. hence why i stay. but personally the site i came from
has given me more basic information about the formats were as blahblah has given me slight deck changes and rulings.

Also i would like to know what contry this board is originating from.
(To better understand your logic on modding)

part 2

I understand strict. i'm strict to my son. but there is a point were i go ok that was "To strict" i need to lighten up. i beleave most of the mods here are to strict. The use of words in the english language can be used multiple way's. one warning/infraction i got was for using the word "Crap" to enphisize surprise,glee and all around joking. it was not used in a negitive way. the contruct of the sentance would not allow it.
This world was also use the same way IN A DISNEY MOVIE. DESIGNED FOR KIDS. with a "E" rating.

A few of my infractions i do not have an issue with. but that one surprised me a little to much.
(Heaven forbid i release the "F" bomb)

I Beleave the site here wanes because people who come from sites like Pojo.com (like myself) are used to a simple understanding of you may be mature,crack jokes. but do not use acual swear words/be rasict/ "bully,abuse somone. the mods are understanding, they understand that not only are there children but adults so if the fine line is there. then no problem.

This site. Feel's and gives off the impression that it's for children. there for most mature and adult player will see this is a power hungry moderation team(not all of you are),leave,and find somewere else to post. all due to the fact they feel resricted and very self imposed by coming here.

If i came to post on a board and was infracted/warned for something said in a childrens movie i would think(What the ****'s going on here, i'm going back to <insert site here>)

So as im not "Blaming" the moderation team on this site. nor telling you how to do your "job" i personally beleave that when people turn players away from this site, its to not cause undo stress and to point them at a more "mature" aimed website.

then i get this.

Originally Posted by Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet1986
I just have a simple question how is the word "Crap" over PG-13?
I have heard 6 year old's use it. As an adult this confuses me as Even disney movies witch are intended for a children's audence use the same word. and these are "E" rated movies.

if you beleave these to be a "PG-13" and above word please LIST litterly every word i cannot use so i may be able to not "violate" the code of ethnic's this board uses.

Thank you.

Now using it as HOLY CR-AP is not very acceptable in a title is it? Does it really need to be used on the trading site? It is not very hard to phrase a proper title for our site and trading forum and if you can't do this on your own let me know and I will gladly make title for you.

Thanks in advance, Bob

Simple It Draw's people in, as the human mind see's something that shows great excitement/joy. not just oh hi i have this.

im sorry if my way of advertising is alot more "fun" then just oh i have this and this. if i wish to not only lighten up the boards, but to have a little fun while making my posts.

So Lets do the tally here.
1 infractions a mod who thinks im a child. and all ive done was contested(publicly) a simple post title what was not rude.racist. or even detremental.

At this point and time. This "forum" was beinging to not only annoy me but is now claiming. without any proof that they "officially represent pokemon tcg" without advertising that on there site.
This said i AGAIN politly attempt to contact the moderation and find out exacly why there mods are so strict.
But again i was faced with not only a deleted post,a mod screaming at me in pm's,but even more warnings and infraction's.
i had enough. so here i am.

Moral of the story. stay here.

Update. After contacting there lead admin i have also submitted a complate to the pokemon TCG company.

As not only was this person a "professor" but if the site is indead a extention of pokemon TCG then that is litterly no way to treat a customer.

Anyone else have any stories like this?

Pokegym, eh? I came close to getting banned twice there, once for "reference to profanity" and another for making a minor mistake in my trade thread.

"Reference to profanity"? As in you spoke about a bad word or something? o,o

Anyways this is the first board I've really got myself into. :)

I've seen places (cough cough Smogon and others) that are VERY strict on infractions....I was warned once for posting my banners and signatures in an art thread, only to be told that it isn't art. (It is, just not their definition of art) I've also been warned for posting on a trade thread before they said I could post (didn't read CLOSELY enough, but if they post the thread you should be able to post in it.)

The whole point is, is that there happens to be a reason we're all here instead of there; The things about Smogon and Pokegym that draw us away just leads us here.

-Black Rayquaza

Black Rayquaza said:
I've seen places (cough cough Smogon and others) that are VERY strict on infractions...I was warned once for posting my banners and signatures in an art thread, only to be told that it isn't art. (It is, just not their definition of art) I've also been warned for posting on a trade thread before they said I could post (didn't read CLOSELY enough, but if they post the thread you should be able to post in it.)

The whole point is, is that there happens to be a reason we're all here instead of there; The things about Smogon and Pokegym that draw us away just leads us here.

-Black Rayquaza

Yup i much rather stay here. seem's alot nicer

Black Rayquaza said:
I've seen places (cough cough Smogon and others) that are VERY strict on infractions...I was warned once for posting my banners and signatures in an art thread, only to be told that it isn't art. (It is, just not their definition of art) I've also been warned for posting on a trade thread before they said I could post (didn't read CLOSELY enough, but if they post the thread you should be able to post in it.)

-Black Rayquaza

However Smogon is very leniant on language. Seriously, there's bad words in almost every post there.

Anyway, for this case, this was a little too much. However, just as a heads-up. Cr-ap is censored here, so I hope you enjoy censorship. :]

dmaster out.

uhm
i got banned from pokegym for a real reason though.
me and my friend dylan went to the deck forum and told every deck that it was (expilitive) and machamp was better then provided a terrible machamp list.
alos we wentto the card of the day thread and on every single card for two wees wrote this card is good but base set venusuar is better.

trevorispro said:
uhm
I got banned from pokegym for a real reason though.
me and my friend dylan went to the deck forum and told every deck that it was (expilitive) and machamp was better then provided a terrible machamp list.
alos we wentto the card of the day thread and on every single card for two wees wrote this card is good but base set venusuar is better.

... that would warent it...

If they wanted a more professional atmosphere on their trading forum, who are you to say that's wrong? It's perfectly reasonable that despite your "Disney movie" argument, some parents might disagree with it. I personally believe that is their own discretion, and with the mods trying to keep the forum as universally friendly as possible, I don't think your little ordeal was necessary.

prophet1986 said:
Black Rayquaza said:

-Black Rayquaza

Yup I much rather stay here. seem's alot nicer

Thats cuz we kewl like that

DarthPika said:
Keep your talk about tellytubbies level on the gym and you'll be fine... -.-

Also, on the gym it's just fine to go telling everyone about how awesome your 1337 pokemans team is and how bad everyone else is.

I checked your profile and you say that you have a kid. I understand that you say "Well, because cr-ap is used in a Disney Movie, it's okay on other sites." That argument isn't going to hold any water there or here. I know you want to attract attention to your trade topic, and that is fine, but there are other ways to do it than that. Coming from an adult, I feel that this is more of an argument that a child would try and make.

Your "infraction" on the gym was a warning, nothing more. Just a reminder that the forums are supposed to be geared towards the younger crowd, rather than all these older adults. It was nothing more than that. The word in your post was fine, but having it as your title was going to attract attention. That was the reason it was removed. The other infraction you had, which was completely merited, gave you points on the names of decks you had in your sigfile. We're not trying to be these neo nazis that you're making us out to be.

Most people are able to take a simple warning and move on with it. It's been a while since I've seen someone have to make such a huge deal out of it on two sites.

And the amazing thing here is that the word you got all hurt about, cr-ap, is banned here too.

Also, to correct you, no member of Staff ever claimed that the other site was the official site of TPCi. That was a member that stated that. If you read all the posts after your rant, you will see that very clearly.

Im fine with rules and there own choices to mod there forum. But everyone does have a right to question why they would mod the way they do. the one thing that i think no mod should say is this.

Now using it as HOLY CR-AP is not very acceptable in a title is it? Does it really need to be used on the trading site? It is not very hard to phrase a proper title for our site and trading forum and if you can't do this on your own let me know and I will gladly make title for you.

No matter who the person is you should never insult or undermind regardless if your a mod. well unless the persons delibretly making spam posts and being a moron.(causing disruption to the community)

Back