Art Gallery Oreo's Digital Art-like Stuff

Oreo9238

If you like music, I like you.
I've just recently started doing Pokemon art.
I take requests! Because literally I can't make art without requests

Note: If you want a special effect added (Like posterized or negative- I can do pretty much any effect), or a specific background, tell me. Otherwise I'll keep the Pokemon original and play around with what looks best.

Disclaimer: I can't take credit for drawing the images, as I, well, didn't. Most of the original art comes from either the Bulbapedia or Pokemon Wiki art archives. I am the one editing, recoloring, and designing them, though.
I'll take a picture of a Pokemon from online and add a background. I'll test out different effects until I find one I like. I'll soften, warm, or recolor pictures.
If I could draw the Pokemon myself, trust me, I would. Unfortunately, I'm a bit lacking in talent for drawing. The only thing I can draw is a Jigglypuff. :p

Eeveelutions%2Bof%2Bthe%2Brainbow.png

Eeveelutions%2Bof%2Bthe%2Brainbow1.0.png

Osh.png

Golurk.png

Unovas.png

Lucario.png

Gallade.png

Pikachu.png

Mega.charizard.png

Celebi2.png

I'm sorta two-minded about the Eeveelution background. It feels a bit off, IMO. It sorta looks like the rainbow is just on top of the pictures, not blending with or how you probably wanted to do it, and doesn't really demonstrate anything unique (anyone can put a rainbow fill above 7 pictures and arrange them).

I find the Oshawatt background really neat. I think the combination of the soft and blended background and the soft fade have great synergy. The faded Oshawatts, IMO, seems to work better than Golurk, possibly due to the positioning and what is actually visible.

The starters also seem a little weird. Maybe they're too faded? The rainbow certainly looks nicer than the eeveelutions, as well. I'm wondering if it's based around your choice of paler colours. That Unova text /does/ throws me off a bit.

I also think you really need to credit the art you use explicitly. I'm pretty sure I'm a culprit of being lazy with that, though, so who am I to talk :U

And since I like your work so far and want to see more, here's a request for you:
Celebi
I've always seen it as something that can be really beautiful with the right effects... except I've never been actually made it look nice. I was imaging something like a green Aqua Ring surrounding the Pokemon, but that could be too difficult, so I can take whatever :D

bbninjas said:
I'm sorta two-minded about the Eeveelution background. It feels a bit off, IMO. It sorta looks like the rainbow is just on top of the pictures, not blending with or how you probably wanted to do it, and doesn't really demonstrate anything unique (anyone can put a rainbow fill above 7 pictures and arrange them).

Celebi
I've always seen it as something that can be really beautiful with the right effects... except I've never been actually made it look nice. I was imaging something like a green Aqua Ring surrounding the Pokemon, but that could be too difficult, so I can take whatever :D

Okay, I tried a different technique on the eeveelutions. See if you like it ^-^
The aqua ring is probably going to be pretty hard. I like a challenge, though, so I'll try. It might be up to two weeks before I get it done- I have a lot of requests from G+. ;)

Hmmmm, it's still not my taste, but I think it's getting better.

And I'm somewhat patient... :p

Update.
I'm knocking out most of these pretty quickly and on the side, slowly making progress on the Celebi

Lucario.png

Gallade.png

Pikachu.png

Mega.charizard.png

All right. bbninjas, I have good news for you.
I had spring break last week, and I spent an extremely long time on Celebi.
So, I think it's done. I really really really hope you like it! If you want me to change anything, I'll do it.

The image of Celebi is from Pokemon Wiki. Before I modified it, the background design came from Mark Wesley (downloads.mark-wesley.co.uk) Everything else is completely original and took me forever!
Thanks >o<

Celebi2.png

P.S. If you want it bigger I can give you a larger image. :)

:OOOOO

I think that is a really well done image! The shading looks great and the fading of the atom thing looks beautiful!

Back