JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Last edited:

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Cute, we would need a vstar/vmax that can take use of the energies for this to be viable in any shape or form

If we had a malamar esc card the this could annoy those decks

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Blipbug/Dottler/Orbeetle - if we could only have Rare Candy next rotation...
A tech card for a tech card. Immediately screws over against decks that plays less energy. 2/2/3
Now you've basically switched to assuming that it's guaranteed to rotate? Come on, man.

Look, let me put this another way to calm your fears: if the card isn't releasing internationally, the F-Block print doesn't even make sense. Japan doesn't rotate until the end of the year, meaning after the start of G-Block and SV1. If we can be reasonably confident that SV1 will have G-Block prints of those cards, then the only reason for the F-Block ones to even exist is for the international rotation. So, the chances that we won't get those prints in some form is extremely low and requires that they plan to intentionally desync the formats in a major way.

So, relax with the assumption for a few months. The reprints are almost certainly coming in some form. Hell, they may even go as far as changing when rotation happens for all we know.

thenewskis

Aspiring Trainer
A tech card for a tech card. Immediately screws over against decks that plays less energy. 2/2/3
The good thing is Rare Candy got a regulation F print in the 100 start deck so it’s in the next rotation and it should be reprinted in one of our upcoming sets whether it be one of our final Sword Shield Sets or Scarlet and Violet base.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
We literally got a reprint of Quick Ball with no updated regulation mark, why wouldn't we get the updated version of Rare Candy? Why is this even an assumption?

thenewskis

Aspiring Trainer
We literally got a reprint of Quick Ball with no updated regulation mark, why wouldn't we get the updated version of Rare Candy? Why is this even an assumption?
Oh it’s not, in the 100 start decks in Japan all rare candies were printed with regulation mark F so it will be legal just we haven’t received the F print in English yet

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I find it impressive that no Orbeetle so far has been a complete flop and they all have some sort of niche. Someone balancing these cards must really like Orbeetle.

-S&S Orbeetle can give your opponent dead draws if their hand is depleted.
-Battle Styles Orbeetle has an obnoxious lockdown deck built around it in Expanded (cheating out cards like Item Lock Vileplume, No Basic Attackers Vileplume, Anti-Special Energy Dusknoir, 2 Supporters per turn Magnezone, etc etc).
-Orbeetle VMAX is a fun gimmick deck.
-This one can help decks that rely on a lot of energy on the opponent's side for damage like Espeon VMAX, Orbeetle VMAX, or the upcoming Lucario Vstar or Starmie V, etc etc.

Last edited:

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
The good thing is Rare Candy got a regulation F print in the 100 start deck so it’s in the next rotation and it should be reprinted in one of our upcoming sets whether it be one of our final Sword Shield Sets or Scarlet and Violet base.
SV base would be G-Block and we'll after rotation. What Rhyperior believes is that, since they weren't in Brilliant Stars, it's likely they aren't coming at all. Still not sure why they came to that conclusion but it's what they believe.

thenewskis

Aspiring Trainer
SV base would be G-Block and we'll after rotation. What Rhyperior believes is that, since they weren't in Brilliant Stars, it's likely they aren't coming at all. Still not sure why they came to that conclusion but it's what they believe.
That makes sense, probably because at the start of the swsh block all cards had D regulation marks, Battle styles all had E, and F for Brilliant Star so I kind of see the logic but its not 100% set in stone, especially since we've gotten Japanese cards that have past marks placed into English sets, the Quick Ball reprint from Fusion Strike comes to mind. But its not set in stone where the Rare candy will be reprinted, but it is set in stone that it will be reprinted as its still 100% in the format due to Japan having it available in their format.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This Orbeetle itself can hit for 330... even if your app has ZERO energy on their Pokémon. 3 energy *cards* means 3 DTEs - and 50xEnergy (not cards!) means 50x6=300 more damage! Obviously 3 DTEs won't always be possible, but plenty of Mew VMaxs would get hit for 330 with this setup (between DTEs in the discard and energy on the table for things like Meloetta).

DragonRage

Rayquaza is pog
Yooo that orbeetle attack is dope ! I'm bad at the technical side of PTCG, but I love the concept ! If it's usable or just ridiculous is beyond my understanding

GoldenBidoof

Aspiring Trainer
wait r u saying that rare candy is going to be rotated? its not going to get a reprint? oh
is it going to be rotated with the galarian zigzagoon in august? sad