ORAS OR/AS Demo Gameplay Discussion

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Here you can post your thoughts on playing the demo for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Remember to give reasons as well as opinions ^-^ !

Also, if you want to discuss the distribution of the demo / how to obtain it, please use this thread.

RE: Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Demo Discussion

After we jumped off Latias, she didn't go into a PokéBall. Is soaring similar to riding Pokémon in XY where you use a Pokémon that isn't yours?

I started with Latios :)

Some quick observations:

Mosdeep City is beautiful with the waves washing up on the beaches.
The music is superb, especially the battle music (I was against Team Aqua).
There is a TV in the bottom screen with news about in-game events. (There was something about a Mauville Food Court and battles (replacing the game corner I assume).)
Moving the circle pad a little bit causes your character to move as if they were creeping up on something.

More to come later :D

EDIT:

The starters come at level 35 so they are super easy to evolve.
There is now some back story for the Pokémart employee who gives you the potion in Oldale town.
Did some more flying with Steven and Latios and came across an island with wild Pokémon.
Just got Sceptile - the new evolution animation is really cool.
About to fight team Magma!

EDIT 2:

"Do you see this midriff? More style than I know what to do with!"

EDIT 3:

After some battles with the two evil teams you get Glailie.
After receiving it, Steven gives you more missions, as well as the other two starters (with mega-stones).

EDIT 4:

It appears that missions are given at random and will not be in the same order for everyone.
As you complete more missions, more people can be found in Mosdeep City.

One of the times I battled the "True Expert" he used the final evolutions of all starters and Hariyama. Perhaps this indicates Mega Hariyama.

After a certain amount of adventures he loses count and you don't see the number anymore.

I also only got Mega Glalie so far so I think it depends on the region and you can't get more than one.

On one of the islands I used the "sneaking technique" to sneak up on a skaing patch (they run away when you walk up to it normally). It was a Slakoth. I can't see anything else about it, since I can't catch Pokémon. Perhaps this is how you get Pokémon with Hidden Abilities.

Just finished playing the demo for the 10th time

I really love the new megas. Especially mega Sceptile

It appears that what you will get mega Glalie or mega Steelix depends on the country or the code where you got it from maybe

Graphics are great. I think both versions of oras will be excellent games

Sneaked behind a glowing volbeat. Nice new way to catch Pokemon

Seems these missions never end.

I agree with Drohn. There might be a mega Hariyama after all

I have a Pokemon Trainer Club account but didn't get an email about a demo :( How did you guys get it?

It's released sooner in Europe than in the USA. Codes were and are being handed out at various events and the demos became downloadable at midnight (GMT+2).

Something else I noticed was that Steven said he might entrust us with his shiny Metagross in the future. Are they referring to the Shiny Beldum event or are we getting Steven's Metagross in-game?

Drohn said:
Something else I noticed was that Steven said he might entrust us with his shiny Metagross in the future. Are they referring to the Shiny Beldum event or are we getting Steven's Metagross in-game?

Well we did get a Beldum from Steven in the original R/S, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he gives us his Metagross instead.

Although it's possible that the event Beldum's OT is Steven or something

Got to play the demo today (thanks again, Drohn! <3) and it was a lot of fun! I like that they put some fun and flavour into it, and of course it was nice to see the new Megas in action. The aesthetics are very nice and the missions cute, simple, and fun. I especially like the new artwork they gave to the various trainer classes, the Aroma Lady in particular (though I guess it helps that she's one of my favourite Trainer types, too). Overall, a nice, fun demo, and a free Pokémon, Mega Stone, and some other small prizes for the real game, too. :D

lol, It took me time to remember that my Mega Glalie which I nicknamed Demon (sounds fitting) has the Refrigerate ability and that I can spam stab Headbutts instead of the low accuracy Frost breath and Ice fang.
This Mega looks so funny and in the battle its animation looks like its laughing. Too bad Hariyama counters me all the time.
I wish I could get Mega Steelix too it looks to me like it is the better Mega out of the two. Oh well maybe in the 100 adventure. There must be some crazy people that will reach that to tell.

I nicknamed mine Mr. Freeza because I couldn't think of anything decent. lol

RE: ΩR αS Demo Discussion

It seems that in-front of Steven's house there is an invisible object blocking the door (this isn't something meant to prevent you from opening the door as the other doors just say they are locked). This is probably a Pokémon that you need the Devon Scope to be able to see. Could this be involved with Mega Steelix?

Another possibility with Mega Steelix could maybe be that Steven trades you an Onix with a Metal Coat (Steven loves rocky/fossily/metaly things) and you have to go on a quest to an island to find the Mega Stone. I assume this would unlock after doing a certain amount of missions or playing for a number of days or something.

@Drohn I'm pretty sure he is referring to the actual Metagross as when he says that bit of dialouge he seems to refer specifically to his Metagross. There are two empty slots in my demo party right now so I wonder if they will be filled by Steelix and Metagross later on...

RE: OR/AS Demo Discussion

I assumed it was a Kecleon blocking the door to Steven's house. I don't think they will be there in the actual game. I think it was just to prevent us from entering houses, since all other doors were locked too. It's definitely possible that something will be there in the actual game too, though.

I don't think we can unlock that in the demo or that it's related to the other Mega Pokémon.

RE: ΩR αS Demo Discussion

Ice Espeon said:
It seems that in-front of Steven's house there is an invisible object blocking the door (this isn't something meant to prevent you from opening the door as the other doors just say they are locked). This is probably a Pokémon that you need the Devon Scope to be able to see. Could this be involved with Mega Steelix?

Another possibility with Mega Steelix could maybe be that Steven trades you an Onix with a Metal Coat (Steven loves rocky/fossily/metaly things) and you have to go on a quest to an island to find the Mega Stone. I assume this would unlock after doing a certain amount of missions or playing for a number of days or something.

@Drohn I'm pretty sure he is referring to the actual Metagross as when he says that bit of dialouge he seems to refer specifically to his Metagross. There are two empty slots in my demo party right now so I wonder if they will be filled by Steelix and Metagross later on...

But I saw others video's of people getting Steelix instead of Glalie so I don't think we will get the opposing Mega. Hope I'm wrong though

Yeah, I'm aware that Japan got Steelix instead of Glalie, I was just thinking that it would be a bit strange for them to split up the Megas like that and not have both in every demo. I first assumed that the demo Megas were exclusive to the demos themselves, but I haven't seen anything about that so you are probably right (even though we both don't want you to be :p).

I got it yesterday and have completed it 5 times.

I caught a female glalie, and named it Midna. I'll be tranferring her over to my OR when i get it.

That's interesting that you got a female Glalie - all my Pokémon were male and I thought that since it's the demo they might have just kept it the same for all copies of it. Were all of your starters male too?

Starters were male, but I think that's because it's very rare to have a female starter. I actually want a female blaziken in the finished game, so i'm going to soft reset quite a bit.

I'm glad the glalie was female, simply because I get to name it midna. Because we all know midna is awesome.

Back