Opinion on the BW Anime?

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Just want to know your opinion on it. I don't care for the anime itself, but I do like Cilan. (I've said that before, saying it again) Now, discuss!

(P.S This doesn't have anything to do with the 'Was BW the worst season' thread. That was asking a specific question, did you think it was bad, whereas this is asking a general opinion.)

While the BW anime had some characters I liked such as Bianca and Cilan. It was a hot mess. Catch phrases being spouted everywhere, Iris being a Misty clone (I'm not big on Misty to begin with), and all the damn clubsplosions. Kids hear "tournament", I hear "filler".

And not to mention that Dawn had the worst reason to come back ever. They least they could've done was put the Wallace Cup in Unova. Dawn was in such an awkward position for the whole time. She had nothing to do really, and all she ended up doing was double teaming with Iris on Ash in calling him a little kid 0_0 I just couldn't take it.

Then there's the league, my god this makes the Hoenn league look good. He lost to a guy with 5 F***ING POKEMON! Really? That's just stupid. Ash should be a much more competent trainer than that to knock out only 4 of a guy who's not even good's Pokemon. Sure, he's got Samurott, Ferrothorn, Hydreigon, and Lucario and others, but I don't care. He's got cool 'mons. So what? He hasn't the experience Ash has. He beat 2 f***ing legends in the Sinnoh league, and he can't beat 5 Pokemon in Unova (yet he also manages to beat 5 against Alain, who's clearly stronger than Cameron, and would probably mop the floor with him). That league was the worst there was.

Then the Decolore Islands. My god this is where it gets absolutely unbearable. Half a season of filler is when you know they just want it all to end. None of the episodes in it were even good. Except two. When we saw Clair, and when Cilan battled that ice woman. Those were decent, but they're still filler.

And lastly, the poor introductuion to Kalos. This lady he doesn't know shows up, he sees unfamiliar Pokemon, he asks, she says she's from Kalos, and somehow, Ash ends up going there. Like what? At least in Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn they had decent enough intros but this is just stupid. He meets a stranger and decides to check out a place he doesn't know, because it's got new Pokemon? How stupid is Ash in Best Wishes? I thought he at least had brain cells in Hoenn and Sinnoh! What happened to those!

All in all, the Best Wishes saga was crap compared to the two that came before it. Hoenn and Sinnoh were my two favorites as of the time, and for them to make BW exist really pissed me off. But they've redeemed themselves with Kalos (they better get rid of Serena. Not one more saga with her), so I guess we'll just pretend it never happened.

The BW anime was horrible and the biggest reason I don't watch the anime. The characters were all unbearable, relying on annoying catchphrases and clichés to give them a reasonable amount of dialogue, and I usually mute the thing every time Cilan tries to evaluate something. ugh. Over half the season was pointless filler (Decolore Islands, Clubsplosions). Ash lost pretty much all his intelligence, losing to a level 5 snivy in the first battle it ever had, or bringing JUST Palpitoad to a gym, or losing to a guy with 5 Pokémon when he could have just used attract and won, and I can go on and on.

The entire season felt very dumbed down in comparison to other seasons, and removed almost all essences of character development in favour of repetition, catchphrases, mistakes, and clichés. I personally treat it like an entire season of filler, so in terms of continuity I pretend it doesn't exist.

In my opinion, watching the BW anime is a huge waste of time. Don't even bother.

I'd consider my opinion to be biased since I did not watch the entire B/W anime mostly because I couldn't get past Cilan. But judging from what I have seen, bits and pieces here and there, it was incredibly disappointing and its ending is in my top five most disliked/hated moments of the anime (nothing beats Tobias).

It had a great start imo. But then Mother nature had to step in a completely f*ck over the team plasma story. That's what i think ultimately ruined BW.

Personally I dont mind Cilan as much as other people do just because I liked how what he would describe something or someone would be a mystery but Clemont just says "the future is now thanks to science!" Iris wasnt that bad but they could have put someone else

Back