Ontario Cities Marathon!!! :D :D :D

Medel17

Aspiring Trainer
General Information

For this season will be doing something special for the City Championships. During the Holidays, we will be running the Toronto Winter Marathon. These are 8 City Championships in 8 days. Starting with Pickering, Ontario on Sunday, December 26th and ending with Kingston, Ontario on Sunday, January 2nd. It should be lots of fun!

We will also have one additional event in London, Ontario on Saturday, December 19th.

Here are the dates of all our events (additional information below):

London, Ontario Sunday, December 19 , 2010
Pickering, Ontario Sunday, December 26, 2010
Burlington, Ontario Monday, December 27, 2010
Grimsby, Ontario Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Brampton, Ontario Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Oakville, Ontario Thursday, December 30, 2010
Missisauga, Ontario Friday, December 31, 2010
Oshawa, Ontario Saturday, January 1, 2011
Kingston, Ontario Sunday, January 2, 2011

Please note: Each individual site has seating a capacity and players will be entered on a first-come, first serve basis. This is also subject to change at the discretion of the site manager and
event coordinator

What are Pokémon TCG City Championship Tournaments?

The Pokémon TCG City Championships are title events operated by independent Tournament Organizers, where players in each of the three POP-recognized age divisions can earn the title of City Champion! Results of the City Championships count toward your Premier Rating!

Remember, while we frequently update our events schedule, we recommend that you contact the local Tournament Organizer to confirm event schedule information.

When are the Pokémon TCG City Championships?

Pokémon TCG City Championships will be taking place between November 26th, 2010, and January 9th, 2011.

How much does the event cost?
All Pokémon Organized Play Premier events in North America are FREE! That’s right—there is no admission fee for a City Championship!Organizers may charge for side events run at these tournaments.

What is the tournament structure?
The tournament is run using the Modified Constructed Format and Age Modified Swiss pairings. If attendance is appropriate, some Tournament Organizers may choose to run straight Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for information about the Modified Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event.

The sets that are legal in the Modified Format have recently been updated. Please make sure you're ready with a legal deck by reviewing the legal sets for the Modified Format here.

The City Championship series will have a K-Value of 16. For more information on how the K-Value affects your Premier Rating, please see the Ratings and Rankings FAQ.

What are the prizes?
Prizes are awarded to the top 4 players in each age division.
Our age groups are:

Junior Division: Born 2000 or later

Senior Division: Born in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999

Masters Division: Born in 1995 or earlier

Participants will receive an exclusive City Championships promo card and a commemorative pin, while supplies last..
Top 4 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

· 18 Pokémon TCG booster packs

· A City Champion medal

2nd Place

· 10 Pokémon TCG booster packs

3rd & 4th Place

· 4 Pokémon TCG booster packs

What do I need to know?
· Bring your POP ID, if you have one. If you don't have a POP ID, one will be given to you at the event.

· See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for more information about what to bring to an event.

· Make sure you arrive on time. If you are late for registration, you may not be able to play in the event.

· To participate in the event, you must be a player in good standing and abide by the Tournament Rules.

· See the legal notice for certain eligibility requirements and other information concerning limitations on The Pokémon Company International's liability.

· Modified Format

These are the only cards allowed in the modified format:

Majestic Dawn
Legends Awakened
Stormfront
Platinum
Platinum - Rising Rivals
Platinum - Supreme Victors
Platinum - Arceus
Heart Gold/Soul SIlver
HS Unleashed
HS Undaunted
HS Triumphant

.... through the current set

Pokemon Rumble

Promos DP22 and Higher

Promos HGSS01 and Higher

HS: Trainer Kit

In addition, future releases will become legal as they are released.

You may use any older version of a card if it was reprinted in a current set if the card hasn’t changed significantly without a translation. Example Mysterious Fossil’s older version had 10 hit points and the new version has 50, the older version may no longer be played without the card dex page or an outside translation.

Dates and Locations for the City Championships

Pokémon London City Championships
Sunday, December 19, 2010

Location: Freshers Sportscards (519) 649-6116 – 639 Southdale Rd. E., Registration: 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM, Start Time: 1:00 PM. Please arrive by 12:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:
Find Directions through MapQuest

TORONTO WINTER MARATHON BEGINS - 8 CITIES IN 8 DAYS

Pokémon Pickering City Championships
Sunday, December 26, 2010

Location: Heroic Dreams (905) 492-1240 - 1211 Kingston Road., Unit #7, Registration: 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM, Start Time: 12:00 PM. Please arrive by 11:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:

Pokémon Burlington City Championships
Monday, December 27, 2010

Location: Conspiracy Comics (905) 333-1552 - 2388 Fairview Street, Registration: 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM, Start Time: 12:00 PM. Please arrive by 11:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:

Pokémon Grimsby City Championships
Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Location: The Card Mann (905) 945-2100 - 63 Main Street W., Registration: 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM, Start Time: 12:00 PM. Please arrive by 11:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:

Pokémon Brampton City Championships
Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Location: Teddy 'N' Me (Shoppers World Mall) (905) 654-6393 - 499 Main Street South, Registration: 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM, Start Time: 12:00 PM. Please arrive by 11:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions to Teddy 'N' Me (hosting Cities on Wednesday December 29th):

Teddy 'N' Me is located in Shopper's World Brampton on the corner of Highway 10 (Main/Hurontario Street) and Steeles Avenue. Park as close to Pharma Plus as you can

If you have any questions about the store or about the upcoming Cities tournament, please call Teddy 'N' Me at (905)-654-6393
Directions:

Pokémon Oakville City Championships
Thursday, December 30, 2010

Location: Comic Connection (905) 338-2209 - 146 Kerr Street, Registration: 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM, Start Time: 12:00 PM. Please arrive by 11:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:

Pokémon Missisauga City Championships
Friday, December 31, 2010

Location: Untouchables Sportscards (905) 275-0708 - 377 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E., Registration: 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM, Start Time: 12:00 PM. Please arrive by 11:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:

From East of Mississauga: Take the 401 East to the 403 and exit on Cawthra Road. Take Cawthra Road south to Burnhamthorpe Road East. Turn right onto Burnhamthorpe Road East and continue to Central Parkway Road. Untouchables Sports and Gaming is inside Central Parkway Mall, at this intersection. Park by the McDonald's and come into the mall.

From West of Mississauga: Take the 401 East to Hurontario Street (Highway 10) South. Continue on Hurontario Street and turn left onto Burnhamthorpe Road. Take Burnhamthorpe Road to Central Parkway Road. Untouchables Sports and Gaming is inside Central Parkway Mall, at this intersection. Park by the McDonald's and come into the mall.

From North of Mississauga: Take the 410 South to the 403 and exit on Cawthra Road. Take Cawthra Road south to Burnhamthorpe Road East. Turn right onto Burnhamthorpe Road East and continue to Central Parkway Road. Untouchables Sports and Gaming is inside Central Parkway Mall, at this intersection. Park by the McDonald's and come into the mall.

Pokémon Oshawa City Championships
Saturday, January 1, 2011

Location: Skyfox Games (905) 720-3377 - 86 William Street East, Registration: 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM, Start Time: 12:00 PM. Please arrive by 11:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:

Pokémon Kingston City Championships
Saturday, January 2, 2011

Location: Action Packed (613) 547-5730 - 728 Princess Street, Registration: 12:00 PM - 12:45 AM, Start Time: 1:00 PM. Please arrive by 12:15 PM. Registration takes approximately 30 minutes.

Directions:

Directions to Teddy 'N' Me (hosting Cities on Wednesday December 29th):

Teddy 'N' Me is located in Shopper's World Brampton on the corner of Highway 10 (Main/Hurontario Street) and Steeles Avenue. Park as close to Pharma Plus as you can :p

If you have any questions about the store or about the upcoming Cities tournament, please call Teddy 'N' Me at (905)-654-6393.

~Matt "TheBreen" Breen

I'm on shift Javier.

(also bud, it'd be really cool if you added the directions to the store from my last post and the phone number to your OP. You have the wrong phone number in your post.)

Lol you could still ask to play :p.
I got the stuff from Marvin the TO ill change that right now.

^
TheBreen works at the store Teddy N Me. Im not completely sure if hes judging or anything.

Javier is correct. I work for the store, run the store's Pokemon League, and am heavily involved in the store's business of Pokemon. The only thing I'll be playing at Cities is the cash register :(

That sucks. Id like to play you sometime. Im hoping I wont miss out on any of the cities tournaments.

I might go, cuz its a little closer than GA marathon in some places... How much is an average hotel there?

Hotels usually range from about $65cdn for a really cheap motel-$250cdn for a really nice hotel. they are going to be quite a bit more downtown Toronto but in any of the cities that these will be held in they will be considerably cheaper.

Hope this helps
Cam

@Cam
Really? Im only really going to the ones that are during the marathon.

@Piplup234
Itd be cool if you could come down here. If you do end up going send me a pm.

Back