Only 5 Primes per box of Unleashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viewtifulme

Aspiring Trainer
I saw a couple of box openings of Unleashed on YouTube and I was disturbed to see that most boxes contained only 5 OR LESS Primes! From what I know, HGSS had an average of 6 Primes per box. To make matters worse, it seems like Unleashed still gives you roughly 3 Legends per box, meaning they lowered the Prime ratio for no reason.

Did anyone else experience this? How many Primes did you pull from a single box?

viewtifulme said:
I saw a couple of box openings of Unleashed on YouTube and I was disturbed to see that most boxes contained only 5 OR LESS Primes! From what I know, HGSS had an average of 6 Primes per box. To make matters worse, it seems like Unleashed still gives you roughly 3 Legends per box, meaning they lowered the Prime ratio for no reason.

Did anyone else experience this? How many Primes did you pull from a single box?

In my Unleashed box I pulled 5 primes, 3 legend pieces, complete nonholo rare set, and all but 2 of the holos.

I have one pack left. Out of the other packs I got five primes, three legend pieces, and the Alph.

so i guess this raises the prices for primes and legends now eh?
also just wondering, how did u guys get ur boxes so fast?
mine is still shipping

Wow, so I guess they really made this set as terrible as it could possibly be. Not only do they put (almost) all of the best Primes from Revived Legends in a set they don't belong, but then they give one less Prime per box? I swear, if they actually put that TERRIBLE Slowking Prime in the next set I will kill myself.

ogeray said:
so i guess this raises the prices for primes and legends now eh?
also just wondering, how did u guys get ur boxes so fast?
mine is still shipping

Legends seem to have the same ratio as HGSS.

I'm just mad because my brother and I ordered one box to split, but now that you get 5 Primes instead of 6, we can't even split it evenly. And sadly, if our Unleashed set was the same as the Japanese Revived Legends set, we probably would have split a case! I really don't know why they have to ruin everything for the English sets.

lol i got 7 primes and 2 legends in all my HHSS base set boxes.... i also pulled an alph out of one.... i hope when my revived legend box comes in i get the 5 primes i dont have and the 3 legend peaces i dont have!

I think the average is 3, but I could be wrong. All I know is that they are harder to come by.

At my prerelease I pulled 2 primes and a complete legend.. I thought they were easier to get!

Ill update when I got my box tomorrow.

What's the big deal? Lv. X's were 2-3 per box and nobody complained then... I'm actually glad Primes are harder to get, means they won't lose their value 1-2 weeks after the set's released now.

from the release i attended there was a total of over 12 prime's pulled and everyone had a fullset or a part of a legend set. cya

why are people complaining about the rarity or legends and primes? I had an issue with them being so common in the HGSS Base set. I mean hell, I have like 10 of each prime minus Donphan. And 4 of each legend full. I hate having the primes and legends be so common, that is what made lvl. X's so special, they were actually rare.

out of mine i got 5 primes
allso a complete entei and suicune lledgend

but i also bought 6 packs at the store on wednesday
and found 3 primes in those

Every prime except Crobat
Top of Suicune/Entei LEGEND
Bottom of Raikou/Suicune LEGEND
Bottom of Entei/Raikou LEGEND
Every holo except Magmortar and Xatu
No Alph Lithograph
So 5 primes, 3 LEGENDS and 9 holos seems average. I don't know what you're complaining about. The ratio barely went down. It was 2-4 LEGENDS and 5-7 Primes last set. You're really just getting one less prime for the most part.

PheonyxXx said:
why are people complaining about the rarity or legends and primes? I had an issue with them being so common in the HGSS Base set. I mean heck, I have like 10 of each prime minus Donphan. And 4 of each legend full. I hate having the primes and legends be so common, that is what made lvl. X's so special, they were actually rare.

Well for someone who actually likes building several decks at a time, and isn't rich, this is really bad for me. Getting my playset of Feraligatrs only cost me the price of one tin plus $6. Getting my playset of Crobat (who I want dearly) is going to end up costing me an arm and a leg. And I can just forget about building that Kingdra deck I had in the works... I play Pokemon as a hobby, and though it is fun, I can't afford to spend so much money just to use the Pokemon like, which is a shame.

Also, about the Lv. X's, you're forgetting the whole point of them. You generally only run 1 Lv. X per line, and only 2 at maximum. This is why no one complained about them. They were rarer and more expensive, but you only needed 1, and in rare instances 2. Primes, on the other hand, are run just like any other card, and if you're building a deck based around a particular Prime, you're going to be running 4 of them, and in rare cases 3. not to mention, you might want to run multiple Prime lines in one deck (Feraligatr and Lanturn, for instance).

And as for you "hating" Primes being so common, why don't you send some of those extra Primes you hate so much over to me? I'll take them off your hands, free of charge! :D I don't know why anyone would "hate" having good cards.

The problem with them being so common is it drops the value so much. It makes it harder to trade for cards you really want where as if the rarity were fixed, each prime would be worth about 20 bucks. Instead they all hover around the 8-10 dollar mark, except for donphan who hovers at 15. And primes are not good cards at all. Theres only 2 that are going to see competitive play, kingdra and donphan. Otherwise there can just burn for all I care. If I can't trade my 2nd ursaring prime away, I plan on ripping it in half and burning it, so worthless of a card.

PheonyxXx said:
The problem with them being so common is it drops the value so much. It makes it harder to trade for cards you really want where as if the rarity were fixed, each prime would be worth about 20 bucks. Instead they all hover around the 8-10 dollar mark, except for donphan who hovers at 15. And primes are not good cards at all. Theres only 2 that are going to see competitive play, kingdra and donphan. Otherwise there can just burn for all I care. If I can't trade my 2nd ursaring prime away, I plan on ripping it in half and burning it, so worthless of a card.

I think you missed the entire point of his post...
If you apply the basic rules of supply and demand, you can see that just because they're printed so much, that doesn't necessarily drop their value. Look at rare candy, it's an uncommon, much less rare than any given prime, and they're worth around $5. WHY? Because if you use them, you need 3-4 usually. Same with call energy, they peaked around $10 each because you need 4 of them. So just because there's lots of them out there, that doesn't mean it's any easier to get the amount you need.

And for the record:
1) I think ttar prime is more playable than kingdra. -_- (Not necessarily gonna see more play, but definitely has more options.)
2) Donphan is NOT worth anything near $15, more like $8-10 (Which is what kingdra is selling for on ebay.)

PheonyxXx said:

First of all, I'll gladly take Ursaring off your hands. I don't mind being a scrub.

But to the point, you said "it makes it harder to trade for cards you really want." This is ONLY true if you're expecting to trade a Prime for a Lv. X or something, since Lv. X's are much rarer. It's like trying to trade an uncommon for a holo; it's just not a fair trade. It also depends if you care more about the legitimate rarity of a card or the popularity of said card. If you care more about popularity, you'd think trading a Jumpluff for a Slowking is a terrible trade. But if you cared more about rarity, you wouldn't care. If you're looking to trade a Prime for a Prime, I can guarantee you can find someone to do the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back