JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon has officially revealed Onix and Raichu from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Raichu – Lightning – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Pikachu
Ability: Grounding
When your 1 of your Pokemon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack from your opponent’s Pokemon, you may move 1 Basic [L] Energy card from that Pokemon to this Pokemon.
[L][L][C] Thunder: 180 damage. This Pokemon also does 50 damage to itself.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Onix – Fighting – HP120
Basic...

Continue reading...

Clam

Almost decent
Pokemon - 56

4 Onix

52 Non basic Pokemon with a retreat cost of four

Energy - 4

4 Double Turbo Energy
__________________________________________________________________________________

380 damage per turn is all I'm seeing. This deck has no flaws whatsoever and I think that this world is currently not prepared for this Onix card to be in standard. Honestly disgusting that the designers thought printing this card wouldn't lead such a powerful and toxic deck running around. The next big tournament is going to be so boring because of the lack of variety since everyone's going to copy this deck list (Of course there will be slight alterations) which I think is pretty degenerate.

Before you ask questions about stupid things like "cOnsIstEncY!" or other dumb things like "lAcK oF SuPpOrt" I want you to know that although these may trouble Thumping Gargantuan (I'm coining this term for decks that rely on Thumping Avalanche) these silly claims can be dismissed by the fact that there's a nonzero chance this deck does 380 first turn AND the Onix isn't immediately killed.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Raichu's permanent Exp Share is weirdly bad, I'd expect it to move at least all energies, or move the energy to any other Pokemon, not just itself.
Onix might be fun, it combos with Dodonzo SV for a DCE-fueled cheap deck.

GoldenSwablu

Aspiring Trainer
We have Miriam now, and we can run four. This might seem like it sucks, but Celebrations Kyogre was running around doing Energy Recycler shenanigans in Lost Box, which is a similar idea—the biggest problem might be finding good Pokemon with four retreat to include (and others with a lower retreat cost to minimize...)

ChaosTrainer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 56

4 Onix

Energy - 4

4 Double Turbo Energy

380 damage per turn is all I'm seeing. This deck has no flaws whatsoever and I think that this world is currently not prepared for this Onix card to be in standard. Honestly disgusting that the designers thought printing this card wouldn't lead such a powerful and toxic deck running around. The next big tournament is going to be so boring because of the lack of variety since everyone's going to copy this deck list (Of course there will be slight alterations) which I think is pretty degenerate.

Before you ask questions about stupid things like "cOnsIstEncY!" or other dumb things like "lAcK oF atTaCkeRs" I want you to know that although these may trouble Thumping Gargantuan (I'm coining this terms for decks that rely on Thumping Avalanche) these silly claims can be dismissed by the fact that there's a nonzero chance this deck does 380 first turn AND the Onix isn't immediately killed.
And, let's be honest, on the off chance you discard 1 or 2 of your DTE, you're still knocking out basically anything that could possibly be in the active spot on turn one.

Gethbert

I Miss Fairy Type

Pokemon - 56

4 Onix

Energy - 4

4 Double Turbo Energy

Before you ask questions about stupid things like "cOnsIstEncY!" or other dumb things like "lAcK oF atTaCkeRs" I want you to know that although these may trouble Thumping Gargantuan (I'm coining this terms for decks that rely on Thumping Avalanche) these silly claims can be dismissed by the fact that there's a nonzero chance this deck does 380 first turn AND the Onix isn't immediately killed.
Bossing benched onix, benching them, Lack of gust, linearity, only having 4 energy. But I agree about the design part

LightYearLiam

The Raichu art is gorgeous. The Onix art is good too, though idk how it got in the air like that. Too bad the effects aren't good, but it could be worse.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 56

4 Onix

Energy - 4

4 Double Turbo Energy
__________________________________________________________________________________

Before you ask questions about stupid things like "cOnsIstEncY!" or other dumb things like "lAcK oF SuPpOrt" I want you to know that although these may trouble Thumping Gargantuan (I'm coining this term for decks that rely on Thumping Avalanche) these silly claims can be dismissed by the fact that there's a nonzero chance this deck does 380 first turn AND the Onix isn't immediately killed.
Good luck with the consistency, bro. Finding the energy will be difficult. What if all DTE prized?

Onix - need Steelix ex, because this will be a default Onix to use. Alternate attacker to hit different weakness. 4

Raichu - 180 isn't enough to get a revenge KO. 3

RogueMike95

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 56

4 Onix

Energy - 4

4 Double Turbo Energy

And lucky for you on this satiric sabbatical, there's just enough Retreat-4 evolutions in standard that you can run all different cards!

LightYearLiam

I really don't understand why they keep printing 180 for 3 with a negative effect on evolutions when a basic (Snorlax) can already do it. Basically the only advantages are that nothing is weak to Colorless and being able to use Reversal Energy, but the existence of Mirage Gate makes the latter less impressive. I know a lot of cards are bulk on purpose, but this Raichu doesn't particularly look like that since they bothered giving it an Ability.

Poke Jordan

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 56

4 Onix

Energy - 4

4 Double Turbo Energy

I loved the thumping fall Steelix with Nessa.

This should be interesting.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
the 4 retreat steelix was in my cube for a while, it had a tiny niche for sure and this is neat for the same reasons.

JaniK

Aspiring Trainer
Raichu could see some play in GLC format but not in standard. 180 is just too low damage for 3 energy