• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard old Glaceon Zoroark

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
I have a League challenge later this week this is the list I am contemplating playing.

20 Pokemon
4 Eevee
4 Zoroark-GX
4 Zorua
2 Latios (SHL)
1 Articuno-GX
2 Tapu Lele-GX
3 Glaceon-GX

29 Trainers
2 Energy Loto
1 Escape Rope
4 Cynthia
2 Great Ball
4 Ultra Ball
1 Pal Pad
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Lillie
3 Choice Band
3 Guzma
1 Acerola
2 Judge
1 Field Blower
2 Aqua Patch

11 Energy
7 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

The Articuno-GX is played because it can hit the magic 130 number
The Latios is played because it hits weakness on necrozma, buzz,etc.

If any suggestions are made they will be taken into account when modifying the deck

Last edited:
Is the Latios from Shining Legends?, if it is for the weakness damage wouldn't be better to have the Deoxys CST that does 20+ per energy, unless you are going for the bench hitting like Glaceon.

I have a Glaceon/Greninja and used to have aqua patches in it, but they mostly proved useless for me, I changed 1 for multi-switch in case I need to reuse a double color, and maybe consider a second filed blower. Other than that it looks good.

Yes the latios is from shining legends. The reason I prefer it is because it is not reliant on how much energy your opponents active Pokemon has.
Aqua patch is there so if needed Glaceon can use all water and when it is damaged enough or when you can't hit something then you come in with articuno.
What would you recommend to remove for the field blower and multi switch.

Yeah, I can understand the reasoning behind it. For the blower probably the scape rope or 1 water energy, but yes I can see how tight your list already is.

Hi, I'd like to share some idea with you!
I find that Zoroark decks need to set up very fast with their basics. So you do need at least 3 nest ball.
Moreover, I find that you should cut the aqua patches or use at least three of them. The situation you are using them in is: fresh benched glaceon with 1 energy attached. So you need two of them in a row. But if you play just two of them, they are unrelianle and useless most of the time.
I like the idea of articuno gx in order to hit for 130, but you should notice that a zoroark with full bench and devoured field hit for 130 too. Moreover, devoured field is usefull against shrine decks. I think you should get there at least a pair of them.
Maybe you should play a kyogre too so you won't be killed by the unseen hoopa.
So, I suggest:

+ 3 nest ball
+ 1 aqua patch
+ 2 devoured field
+ 1 kyogre

- 1 eevee
- 1 latios
- 2 energy loto
- 1 escape rope
- 2 great ball
- 1 water energy

I don't currently have devoured field in my possession what would be a good substitute for it. Perhaps kukui?

-2 Zoroark-GX
-2 Zorua
-1 Escape Rope
-2 Great Ball

+2 Magcargo
+2 Slugma
+1 Field Blower
+2 Nest Ball

-2 Aqua Patch
-1 Choice Band

+2 Escape Board
+1 Nest Ball

Need a counter to scoundrel ring hoopa.
So maybe alolan muk or kyogre.
If I am to add kyogre I would need to add 2-3 Aqua patch.
But alolan muk would also harm me.

Further suggestions will be taken into account when modifying the deck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I know that its been awhile since this forum was updated but I was thinking about it and glaceon is a great anti meta card. So I was wondering if you guys would make any changes in regards to this new format

Back