Okami Disscusion Thread

Quagsire

Love and Tolerance. c:
Does anyone here like the Okami series? If so, tell me about your favorite moments, characters, etc. I honestly think Okami is an amazing game with beautiful game art design and storyline and so many things that are so awesome, it's hard to descibe. I highly recomend it! I never played Okamiden though...

OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH

I love the Okami series. Soooooo much. Honestly, the games have a fantastic storyline, looks great, sounds great, and plays very smoothly.

Basically, the game is about a wolf named Amaterasu, goddess of the sun. In order to slay a beast named Orochi, who cursed the country, she needed to collect the 13 brush techniques. These techniques allows you to control the environment around you.

@Gliscor: Yeah, Okami is a wonderful video game series... I just love everything about it.... Seriously, the original got a rating of 9.5 out of 10 before by game critics! Whoever hates this game has a bad taste in video games....

http://tinyurl.com/3h3gskf

Gliscor explained it already. It's a game.

And a very good one at that. This game is simply beautiful. One of the best looking games this century.

dmaster out.

Okami has never gotten the popularity it should have. As you can see, not much people know about it. Though it is truly an amazing game. It even surpasses Twilight Princess in my opinion. Great (and long) storyline, funny characters and the art for the game is just in one word.. beautiful.

I just want to know what it's about. I understood that it was a game. If it seems interesting, I'll get it

I don't own it, but have played it on numerous occasions, and it is just stunning!

I was planning on getting Okamiden, but still not sure

I saw the trailer on Youtube,and it looks interesting.Does anyone know how long the game is?

@Umbreon/Espeon: It's pretty long...., but it's worth it!

Also, has anyone noticed how awesome the soundtrack is? I just love the music in Okami.

The game itself should take you 30+ hours to finish. Really, a few things that happen in the first third of the game might make you think that the game is must shorter, but the game really is much longer.

The graphics is also more watercolor-ish than anime, in my opinion.

One of my most favorite games.
Ever.
I agree that it surpasses Twilight Princess. I loved all characters, the art, the music - it just seemed like a perfect game. I was bored and browsing a Gamestop one day and saw the guide book with a gorgeous wolf on it. A few moments later and I had this gem.

I love Waka the most out of the characters. Oki and Waka are two of the most awesome. I was planning on getting Okamiden, too, but I decided to wait and then B&W happened... end of story. I'll get it soon, though.

The music is by far the best I've heard. So distinct and calming, and at times unnerving, it fits EVERY area perfectly.

Back