Ok i'm being dumb but what the heck is a castform start?

snowblind23

10 sided fish of star FTW!
Ok i'm being dumb but what the heck is a castform start? AND aside from telling me thats its when you start with and Holon castform tell me why you would do this!?!?!

Thanks

Oh OK... so you send casty out to be the active and load your bench with 5 deltas and get 10 cards by T2 and then switch out before you die... sounds good...

snowblind23 said:
then switch out before you die... sounds good...

Not really, in decks like Delta you almost always let the castform die to activate scramble.
In other decks you can just briney it...
The real problem is when your opponent uses lickitung as a starter, they kill your bench while you delta draw, and in the case of absolutions, they use vappy to nullify your delta draws.

they might even scientist ALL of ur hard work.

anyway, the licky is really big problem. If u keep dd, they'll slaughter ur bench. If not, u can choose to retreat and draw only 1 card a turn.

There is no big problem. Castform is probably the second best starter in the history of the game. The only one better is Cleffa.

3rd place belongs to SS Dunsparce lol :p

-Just Me- said:
Not really, in decks like Delta you almost always let the castform die to activate scramble.
In other decks you can just briney it...

The only thing I can really think of that even uses Scrambles AND Castforms is RaiEggs and GatrEggs. Maybe a few rogue decks but that's it. I hardly ever see Briny either, especially in EX decks (Gardevoir EX d, Sally EX, T-Tar, Meganium, etc etc)

But yeah you usually just keep drawing since when you do take the offensive, your opponent will prolly be ready to get rid of whatever you sent out. You only retreat Casty when you're 100% sure you're ready.

These guys pretty much summed it up...But...Isn't a Castform start when you only get Castform and no way of getting other basics at the start?

Whicker said:
There is no big problem. Castform is probably the second best starter in the history of the game. The only one better is Cleffa.
Dunsparce takes third I guess. Though...it's amazingly good too :/

It's just a card that makes Delta decks set up. Without it, they fail to do much, unless they are top-decking. It's their biggest asset and their biggest weakness.

Arcanine out.

Back