Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.6%

Votes: 7 38.9%

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

burningcharizard

Fire Pokémon Master
Here's a picture of Charizard I made out of oil pastels, I used cardboard at the time to pick up the pastel so it's not as good as it could be with sugar paper, but tell me what you think and I might make some more =]

Attachments

• 2059147457a10221550317l.jpg
    2059147457a10221550317l.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 59
Pretty good! I never use oil pastels, myself (except once for my sketch book), but that's nicely done, considering the medium.

I don't like that it's basically the same pose as the Sugimori art, but that's a minor point. The background is lacking, as well. Maybe use a dark brown or a black and add some leafless trees in the background (something like a burned forest) and maybe some gray smoke in the sky behind it. :)

I would've given it a 5/5 but the background is kinda boring. Maybe like a volcano erupting in the background or something that matches Cahrizard. You could also have a different stance, like Charizard getting ready to take off or something.

Still, a solid 4/5.

Y'know.. it's eerie.. when I clicked on this thread I thought of this picture, but I didnt realize it was you. xD

I like it, but my opinion's probably a little biased.
Like Xous mentioned, the background could use some work, so try to work on that for whatever you do next.
Try using different poses to, using Sugimori and other artist's pictures for reference.

It's very good though and I love it. <3

Make a Staraptor. >:eek:

Haha well I was just experimenting with the oil pastels and I know it is the sugimori art but I can do another one since people liked it...

and as for the background the main thing itself ( Charizard) took ages to do as it was, so the background is quite rushed, but with it being a simple background it helps Charizard stand out better and if i had a complicated background it could be harder to tell what it is.

I could keep going back and improving the drawing but where's the point, it is how it is and it's not gonna change. If i had sugar paper which is proper paper for oil pastels then I could have added in a background much easier than with cardboard.
If I were to improve it I would probably add a frame around the sides of burned trees to keep Charizard standing out.

Also Staraptor I may make a Staraptor one at some point but I prefer the older pokemon and dragons xD. Also why don't you do it yourself brother ;)

Back