Official States Discussion Thread

Amt

Seeing as how States are right around the corner, and there have been several threads made so far I thought "Why not just make an official States thread?" So... here it is.

You may discuss anything having to do with the States meta-game, what decks you think will be played, what you're going to play... etc.

Well, I'll be playing my "rogue" metagame counter. Obviously, Rampardos and Grass types are going to be completely overplayed, which will lead to Dialga G LV. X. So Kingdra and Machamp will therefore not be there because Kingdra vs. Grass types fails and everyone thinks Rampardos>Machamp. We'll obviously see some Amphy lock, too but I'm worried about grass and Rampardos completely dominating. A 200 HP Torterra or 80 from T2 is a scary thought. So I think the meta will be:
Torterra
Dusknoir
Leafeon
SP Pokemon
Rampardos
Ampharos
Fire-type ideas

I feel that the meta will be a lot more centeralized and much more simple. There are a few Tier 1 decks like:
Rampardos
Kingdra
Shaymin
Nape
Rhyperior
AMU

That is fairly small but the overall amount of Tier 2 decks is sickening, some are on the line for Tier 1 but the really have troubles against things like Rampardos. The Tier 2 decks are:
Amphy Lock
Giratina Hand Control
Machamp
Dusknoir
Gengar
Ludicolo
Blast-Catty
Magmortar
Toxicroak Skuntank
Mightyena Skuntank
Blaziken Heatran
Slaking
Zone
Gigas

That is a fairly large list of Tier 2 decks. I've decided that for States I'll be playing Dustox, I've worked a lot on it since the release of the scans and now I think it has a pretty good chance in this format.

Gah, I have more options than I ever had before. I have no idea what I will actually take....

I find some of your choices for Tier 1 interesting, DOX. (Mainly Rhyperior and AMU) I think Rhyperior has a chance, but Level Max won't help AMU quite as much as people believe.

Thanks so much Amt, there were so many threads popping up everywhere, it was annoying.

Anyways, this will be so much better than last year! Last year's metagame:

GG
Magmortar
Banette

That's it. BORING

ESP said:
Thanks so much Amt, there were so many threads popping up everywhere, it was annoying.

GG
Magmortar
Banette

That's it. BORING
I didn't go to States last year, nor did I know any oof the metagame at that time, but that does sound boring. Anyways, I will probably will be playing the Magmortar Lv.X/Typhlosion deck I have in the Deck Garage. I don't think Magmortar necessarily needs Heatran to succeed.

well, if it's actually good and not going to fail like some other hyped decks, toxicroak+skuntank+dialga G LV.X looks pretty sweet, it just looks fast and stuff. other than that, ima hafta say gallade/weavile (no gardy), or something else i make up.

ESP said:

GG
Magmortar
Banette

That's it. BORING

I've got to agree with you. Last year, there were hardly any choices. This year, there are sooooo many options that it makes my head spin. This years States I hope will be interesting with its results.

You know me, Amt :p

Magnezone/Gardellade. Seriously, bdif. Well, close to it :O

Torterra will be everywhere imo. Same with Kingdra lol. It just... won't... die D:

Blue Thunder said:
Gah, I have more options than I ever had before. I have no idea what I will actually take....

I find some of your choices for Tier 1 interesting, DOX. (Mainly Rhyperior and AMU) I think Rhyperior has a chance, but Level Max won't help AMU quite as much as people believe.

Rhyperior is pretty close to the BDIF, it has an extremely good setup and a high damage output. AMU isn't as strong, but I tested it a little and it did work.

Yeah. I'm really scared of Rhyperior. I haven't been able to beat one yet, and that's without Delcatty. I have 2 LV. X and one of the normal ones. I'm thinking about playing that now.
Blue Thunder said:

That applies to me as well, there's so many good decks.

I'm not sure if I can go to States. It depends on when mine is called, as I might be away from the country if they're too late.
Otherwise, I'm going to use my "Re-re-return Deck" basically comprising of a lot of cards from boosters and a large amount my friend gave me, focussing on Dusknoir.
Unless I get some good cards before States, then I'll use something else.

Galatic.dec is VERY underated and I can see it easily bein the best donk deck in the format. I would be very weary of the deck and make sure you have a good list before entering with it into a states, but I think it could take 3-4 states that understimate it.

i know it isn't popular really beacause of the Hp but some people my play mighyena+Skuntank. It's pretty fast and can hit for 80 T1 with no energies. Would be wise to play a blissey tech with it

but for me i have 3 options
Rampardos
Torterra/Sceptile/Shaymin
Mightyena/Skuntank G

I have 3 decks im still desideing on:
Magkiss
Super secret rouge
Kingdra tech

And I expect to see:
Kingdra Varieties
Dusknoir Varieties
Machamp Varieties