Official Pokémon TCG Name?

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
Hello, fellow pokenerds, my parents are having a debate as to something about pokemon that has only one answer.

I am writing about my pokemon TCG experience in one of my college essays.

So here's the question, if you were a fancily fancily fancy application reviewer which sounds better/more professional:
1. Pokemon, The Trading Card Game
2. The Pokemon Trading Card Game

My mom says the second one sounds stupid as is like saying "The LGBT". Where as I say it should be The Pokemon Card Game as it flows and sounds right.

I DO NOT WANT ANY QUESTIONS/WHINING ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I SHOULD PUT POKEMON IN MY COLLEGE APPLICATIONS! SOMEONE GOT INTO HARVARD WHEN THEY WROTE ABOUT THEIR POKEMON VIDEO GAME EXPERIENCES, AND THAT IS THE LAST I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANY ESSAY BEING ABOUT POKEMON. IF ONE PERSON COMPLAINS ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED THINGS OR STARTS TELLING ME "those types of schools are hard to get into" I WILL DELETE THIS THREAD.

/END RANT

It's officially the Pokémon Trading Card Game, if that helps. Their website says so ( :O). On the other hand, Pokémon, The Trading Card Game feels like something some announcer would say. I suggest the second one as it is more accurate and feels more right in an essay.

Hello, fellow pokenerds, my parents are having a debate as to something about pokemon that has only one answer.

I am writing about my pokemon TCG experience in one of my college essays.

So here's the question, if you were a fancily fancily fancy application reviewer which sounds better/more professional:
1. Pokemon, The Trading Card Game
2. The Pokemon Trading Card Game

My mom says the second one sounds stupid as is like saying "The LGBT". Where as I say it should be The Pokemon Card Game as it flows and sounds right.

I DO NOT WANT ANY QUESTIONS/WHINING ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I SHOULD PUT POKEMON IN MY COLLEGE APPLICATIONS! SOMEONE GOT INTO HARVARD WHEN THEY WROTE ABOUT THEIR POKEMON VIDEO GAME EXPERIENCES, AND THAT IS THE LAST I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANY ESSAY BEING ABOUT POKEMON. IF ONE PERSON COMPLAINS ABOUT ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED THINGS OR STARTS TELLING ME "those types of schools are hard to get into" I WILL DELETE THIS THREAD.

/END RANT

When you're writing an essay, you want to use the companies/organization's official name so the Pokémon Trading Card Game as bbninjas' said before is the proper way to write it.

Yay, now I can tell my mom to EAT MY FACTS! Thank you BBninjas and silversilent! *insert firework gifs here*
But seriously that REALLY helps.

My mom is now saying "not everyone knows this" [at the fact that it's THE pokemon trading card game] I MUST WIN THIS STUPID DEBATE AND PROVE THAT I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT'S better, PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom is now saying "not everyone knows this" [at the fact that it's THE pokemon trading card game] I MUST WIN THIS STUPID DEBATE AND PROVE THAT I ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT'S better, PLEASE HELP!

Just look up MLA online and it'll show the proper way to write out things like that.

You could also point out that it is your essay and if the wording choice is wrong you will have to suffer the consequences. :p

You could also point out that it is your essay and if the wording choice is wrong you will have to suffer the consequences. :p
I'm applying to ivy leagues, I BETTER NOT SUFFER THE CONCEQUENCES OF GETTING THIS WRONG.

Back