• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Odds and Ends Necrozma GX Deck

Pankace04

All Hail Lord Goomy!
This deck cost a total of $30 and about half an hour of time building and researching. By no means an expensive, well thought out deck. I have a Lele, and my friend is trading a Zoroark, but I don't run them. I feel like they are the cancer component of PTCG and I refuse to use them so don't ask.
I don't know how to post a deck list but I'll try my best.

Pokemon:
2 Necrozma GX SM58
1 DWN GX SM101
3 Malamar 51/131
3 Passimian 70/156
1 Passimian 73/149
1 Duskull 51/147
2 Alolan Vulpix 21/145

Trainers: (I have reasons for every non-energy card in the deck. Some are obscure, so feel free to ask!)
2 Ninja Boy 103/114
3 Acro Bike 122/168
1 Switch 38/39
2 Professor's Letter 146/162
1 Shauna 111/124
1 Gladion 95/111
1 Looker 126/156
1 Pokémon Fan Club 107/124
1 Misty's Determination 108/108
1 Pokémon Center Lady 68/83
1 Pal Pad 132/156
1 Field Blower 125/145
1 Revive 85/108
1 Weakness Policy 142/160
3 Ultra Ball 135/149
2 Altar of the Moone 117/145
1 Prof. Oak's Hint 84/108

Energy:
1 Mystery Energy
1 DCE
7 Fighting
11 Psychic

Tell me your thoughts!

Also let me know if the deck is just disgustingly bad. Show it no mercy if it's terrible, but tell me if it's good too. Maybe give it a rating out of 5?

1.You’re gonna need inkay for the malamar.
2.Duskull is guzma bait.
3. What is your goal when playing this deck? Take all six prizes? Please let us know!
4. Way too many one-offs in this deck. Take a look at some competetive decks and take notes.
5.Mystery energy isn’t in standard anymore.
6. If you want to do well, you need to look past personal bias. You need Lele.

Please don’t take is the wrong way! This is an interesting deck, but it needs some improvement!

1.You’re gonna need inkay for the malamar.
2.Duskull is guzma bait.
3. What is your goal when playing this deck? Take all six prizes? Please let us know!
4. Way too many one-offs in this deck. Take a look at some competetive decks and take notes.
5.Mystery energy isn’t in standard anymore.
6. If you want to do well, you need to look past personal bias. You need Lele.

Please don’t take is the wrong way! This is an interesting deck, but it needs some improvement!

Ok, thanks! I forgot to include Inkay but I do indeed have it in deck. I know Duskull is Guzma bait, I am looking to get one attack out of it. I will remove the Mystery Energy and include a trainer card in the deck. I will cut some one card sets and throw in some universal cards. My goal is to swap Necrozmas and attack with one each turn. While one of them is attacking, the other one is getting Recharged by Malamar. I do indeed want to go for quick prizes. My deck hard counters Buzzwole Lycanroc, so that's nice. Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no way to get me to play Lele or Zoroark. I see them as cancerous cards that you need to win, and the goal of this deck is to prove that you don't NEED Lele or Zoroark to attack and that Buzzwole isn't the only playable deck. Thank you for your suggestions and, with the exception of Lele, I will take all of them!

Last edited:
Ok, thanks! I forgot to include Inkay but I do indeed have it in deck. I know Duskull is Guzma bait, I am looking to get one attack out of it. I will remove the Mystery Energy and include a trainer card in the deck. I will cut some one card sets and throw in some universal cards. My goal is to swap Necrozmas and attack with one each turn. While one of them is attacking, the other one is getting Recharged by Malamar. I do indeed want to go for quick prizes. My deck hard counters Buzzwole Lycanroc, so that's nice. Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no way to get me to play Lele or Zoroark. I see them as cancerous cards that you need to win, and the goal of this deck is to prove that you don't NEED Lele or Zoroark to attack and that Buzzwole isn't the only playable deck. Thank you for your suggestions and, with the exception of Lele, I will take all of them!

I think you still need Lele. This sort of decks run well because they can find the right supporter at the right time. If you wont run Lele, I would suggest playing mysterious treasures for the inkays, so you can set them up.

This deck has two really good concepts lumped together that work good individually but don't have the consistency to function together. Passimian/mew has its own mechanics that rely on always having access to an attacker and an energy with a full bench of passimians. In that deck bench space is limited since you want 4 passimian out and maybe a mew or an oranguru. As soon as you clog it up with inkays you ruin the concept of it. Necrozma/malamar is another great deck but again requires a full bench of malamars, dawn wings and regular necrozmas, if you do happen to get 2 passimian out your necrozma plan is ruined. Also 1 of trainers are never ideal. the best decks are usually the simplest since they do not need a lot of things to go right to work. This deck bunches two simple concept decks together to make it very complicated. I think you have the ideas that I have which are to find fun budget decks, stay away from full blown meta and to find counters to said meta however this is not a great way to do it. If you look at limitlesstcg to get an idea of regional winning decks you will see most will be very simple concepts ie buzzwole...get energy on buzz, attack, beast ring when they knock you out, malamar...get malamars/inkays out, reload your attackers. My suggestion, run a pure passimian/mew deck I can give you my list if you'd like, but mine runs 1 lele which really isn't needed.

This deck has two really good concepts lumped together that work good individually but don't have the consistency to function together. Passimian/mew has its own mechanics that rely on always having access to an attacker and an energy with a full bench of passimians. In that deck bench space is limited since you want 4 passimian out and maybe a mew or an oranguru. As soon as you clog it up with inkays you ruin the concept of it. Necrozma/malamar is another great deck but again requires a full bench of malamars, dawn wings and regular necrozmas, if you do happen to get 2 passimian out your necrozma plan is ruined. Also 1 of trainers are never ideal. the best decks are usually the simplest since they do not need a lot of things to go right to work. This deck bunches two simple concept decks together to make it very complicated. I think you have the ideas that I have which are to find fun budget decks, stay away from full blown meta and to find counters to said meta however this is not a great way to do it. If you look at limitlesstcg to get an idea of regional winning decks you will see most will be very simple concepts ie buzzwole...get energy on buzz, attack, beast ring when they knock you out, malamar...get malamars/inkays out, reload your attackers. My suggestion, run a pure passimian/mew deck I can give you my list if you'd like, but mine runs 1 lele which really isn't needed.

Thank you! My initial idea was to see whether I get an early set up for Passimian or Necrozma, then go from there. Sort of see which one comes naturally that game. Will this work?

I think you still need Lele. This sort of decks run well because they can find the right supporter at the right time. If you wont run Lele, I would suggest playing mysterious treasures for the inkays, so you can set them up.
Thanks, I have thought it over and ended up deciding to add Lele. I hate myself for it.

Thank you! My initial idea was to see whether I get an early set up for Passimian or Necrozma, then go from there. Sort of see which one comes naturally that game. Will this work?
Most likely it will not work. Just think of how inconsistent one deck concept can be, nevermind two in one deck. This is why people play a deck and tech in individual cards to counter meta matchups. Teching mewtwo evo or mew ex to take down buzzwole, teching a gallade or two in gardy decks to take down zoroark or barrier pokemon, teching in mewtwo gx into malamar decks for the mirror. Those are only 1-2 cards per deck to counter other decks, leaving their main concept of the deck the ability to be as consistent as possible. For example I play a tapu koko in my passimian mew deck to help with damage and as a free retreater, now that ultra necrozma is so prevelant I may tech in a forbidden light dedene which will OHKO a necrozma if koko is on the bench and it has a choice band. I wouldn't try to make a passimian/gardy deck to take them both out since that would be horribly inconsistent. tl;dr Keep it simple! :)

Thanks! I will cut the Passimians and adjust as needed. Maybe some Evolutions Clefairy will do the trick.

Back