Nubbish Clans & Clubs

SixaxiS

I'm more special than you!!!
Recently, i've seen alot of badly organized clans & clubs pop up, which are of course, locked on sight. However, this causes quite a bit of flooding in said section of the forum, not to mention it looks messy.

My question here being: What was wrong with the Clan request thread? It was obviously a better method of approving clans & clubs. (the way i see it at least.)

SixaxiS said:
Recently, I've seen alot of badly organized clans & clubs pop up, which are of course, locked on sight. However, this causes quite a bit of flooding in said section of the forum, not to mention it looks messy.

My question here being: What was wrong with the Clan request thread? It was obviously a better method of approving clans & clubs. (the way I see it at least.)

I think the new system gives members a chance to actually 'try out' their clans and experience it. They get to make the whole thread and really get a feel for what it's like to be a clan leader.

Yeah, i agree with SixaxiS. People also have to take like 30 minutes of their time to write all the rules and other things. Then they see it was not approved and they wasted 30 minutes of their life.

Well, after the "nubbish" clans are locked, they eventually make it uot of the first page.

Ok. I wanted to nuke the old system because I wanted the beachers to have more freedom. With the old system, we never knew what the team may look like, so it was possible we were leaving out a good clan. Also, you guys don't like the new system?

When I finished making my team (Team SySlash) I sent to DOX to see what he thought. He said it looked good and wished me luck. I think before anyone makes a Clan/Club they should at least take a look at another teams to see how to build it. Or the Clan Council can make a basic build for aspiring Clan/Club builders.

It's not that i don't like it. It's just that something should be done about the people who make person clan suggestions, like that spam clan someone made a while ago.

Maybe, let only members with a certain amount of posts be able to make a clan. That way you can be sure they're used to Pokébeach before they bother making something they don't know how to make in the first place.

The new system allows more users to try out their clan ideas. We usually approve every idea, unless it's really stupid or really messy. Now, we allow a week for the Clan Leader to attract members and not have a total spamfest in their thread. If they go a week and do good with their clan, we allow the clan to keep going.

We can't single out members on their post count. We have to see what they will actually do with a clan, once they have it. If they don't care enough to keep it active the first week or attract members, then it gets locked.

Sorry, but the Clans & Clubs section was really a lot more unorganized and spammy last summer and fall. Since we've put in these new rules, the spammy and/or inactive clans are no longer there. It's been a major improvement.

Bob Franklin said:
When I finished making my team (Team SySlash) I sent to DOX to see what he thought. He said it looked good and wished me luck. I think before anyone makes a Clan/Club they should at least take a look at another teams to see how to build it. Or the Clan Council can make a basic build for aspiring Clan/Club builders.

That's....not a bad idea. I'll be sure to bring it up when most of the council is in the chatroom, thanks.
SixaxiS said:
It's not that I don't like it. It's just that something should be done about the people who make person clan suggestions, like that spam clan someone made a while ago.

Maybe, let only members with a certain amount of posts be able to make a clan. That way you can be sure they're used to Pokébeach before they bother making something they don't know how to make in the first place.

We've thought abot making limits, but it's just not a good idea. We could make a sub-board where we'll put poorly made clans though.

You guys could make a guide for a clan. Like an example, sorta. Like Bob Franklin said, people should learn how to make clans. Maybe you guys could create a guide that outlines the challenges a clan leader faces and an example of a well built clan?

Gale, That sounds great. I think we could do that. Sounds like a good way to let everyone know what we expect of them.

Thanks for that idea, Bob Franklin.

I don't overly like the new system, but I do say it's better than the old one. Most people would just put Yes for all of the questions anyway. Only the really bad clans are locked, and so what? Look on the 25+ pages of clans. All of them are locked.

dmaster out.

d master. The new system is the Evaluation system. The old was was the Approval system with the form / thread.

Also, It isn't the Clan Council's fault that clans are being locked. After two weeks of inactivity, a clan is locked. We PM the Clan Leaders and even give them a chance if they want to revive the clan before we lock them. A few have said that they didn't want to and to lock it.

We need people to make clans and be good Clan Leaders. We can't do that for them. I know stuff is lacking, but I can't make discussion appear there.

Also, expect a "How to" guide on Clans and Clubs within the next few days. Hopefully this will get everyone on the same page and we can encourage more people to make Clans and Clubs.

It would be stupid to make a new thread for this:

I want to post a Clan topic, but whenever i click "Post Thread", it doesn't appear. Is this part of something new you're trying, or is it a glitch? When i try posting it again, it says i already posted it...

Oh...
Well i posted it like 4 or 5 times :-S sorry bout that :p

I must've missed that part in the Approval system thread, i guess.

That's what stickies are for guys. We put them there to read. =D

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Trying? No, we've just hidden clan threads until the council can evaluate it. We'll get to yours soon enough.

You need to make that more clear. There is a question in another thread that I was about to mock, but when I went to link them to the place where the information was practically "in their face", it wasn't there. Anywhere.

By the way, is it you folks screwing with thread problems in all forums?

I don't think we are.

We did have a sticky explining why the thread doesn't appear, but we unstickied it and ad the information to the other threads.

Back