• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Now That's a Shocker (M Manectric / Eelektross / Zekrom EX)

ale.543

Bending Lightning
This would be a Future Unlimited Deck. I realize I have more than 60 cards, I have 71 as a matter a fact, and that's pretty much why I am here. Looking for suggestions on what to take out, put in, or alter; any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

Pokemon

• 1 Raikou EX
    2 Zekrom EX
    4 Tynamo (Noble Victories or Dark Explorers?)
    4 Eelektrik (Dynamotor-Noble Victories)
    1 Eelecktross (Plasma Blast)
    1 M Manectric EX (*New Set-Look at attachments*)
    2 Manectric EX (*New Set-Look at attachments*)
    2 Zekrom (Black & White)
    2 Holon Castform (Double Rainbow Energy)- Don't count as a pokemon as I always add it where I would have otherwise put two basic enegies
Total: ~15 Pokemon (Goal Amount)

Trainers

• 2 Professor Oak's New Theory
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Evosoda
    1 Professors Letter
    3 Skyla
    3 Gust of Wind
    1 Spirit Link Manectric
    4 Level Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Head Noiser (*New Set-Look at attachments*)
    3 Jamming Net (*New Set-Look at attachments*)
    2 Float Stone
    1 Super Rod
    2 Junk Arm
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Skyarrow Bridge
Total: ~33 Trainers (Goal Amount)
Energy

• 12 Basic Lightning
Total: ~12 Energy (Goal Amount)

Strategy
Discard enegy through Juniper, or attacks by Zekrom in order to use Dynamotor from Eelektrik to accelerate my energy output. Float Stones and Muscle Bands are there for Zekrom Ex to make him able to OHKO most pokemon or gain free retreat (in different scenarios of course ). The Jamming Net and Head Noiser are there to make sure my opponent has a tool on his pokemon when Manetric Ex attacks in order to make double damage, as well as disrupt my opponent. Mega Manetric Ex is to further accelerate energy as his attack returns two basic energies from my discard pile to one of my benched pokemon. And lastly, Eelektross is there as a last resort as so long as he has tge necessary energy to attack, the discarded cards for his attack can be attached to other pokemon. Skyrarrow Bridge Stadium would be for free retreat as all my pokemon, except for Zekrom Ex, can benefit from it.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

Attachments

• Mega Manetric Ex and Manetric Ex.jpg
    Mega Manetric Ex and Manetric Ex.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Jamming Net an Head Noiser.jpg
    Jamming Net an Head Noiser.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 2
RE: Now That's a Shocker (Mega Manetric/Eelektross/Zekrom Ex)

unlimited is only through Black and White up, so Holon's castform has to be taken out along with junk arm and gust of wind

hawk45678 said:
unlimited is only through Black and White up, so Holon's castform has to be taken out along with junk arm and gust of wind

You're thinking of the Extended format. Unlimited is the use of any card since Base Set.

GhostMaster365 said:
hawk45678 said:

You're thinking of the Extended format. Unlimited is the use of any card since Base Set.

Exactly :)... Hawk45678 is thinking of BW-on, which of course stands for Black & White and up.

Here are 9 cards I would drop:

-2 Holon's Castform (seeing as your deck only needs lightning, this doesn't add much)
-1 Tynamo & -1 Eelektrik (with Manectric also accelerating energy, a 4-4 line isn't as necessary as it normally would be)
-1 Zekrom or -1 Zekrom EX (drop one or the other. You have so many better attackers that these guys are just wasted space)
-3 Jamming Net (I am generally just very underwhelmed with this card. 20 damage isn't too significant in the grand scheme of things, and more cards are being released that allow these special tools to be removed. In addition, this doesn't add at all to the strategy of your deck.)
-1 Lightning energy (11 should be sufficient)

And swap:
-1 Level Ball, +1 Ultra Ball (you want to be discarding energy, and especially if you reduce the Eel line, 4 level ball isn't needed)

Hope I could help!

NicoSpot said:
Here are 9 cards I would drop:

Thanks for your help :)
After taking your suggestion into consideration these is what I'm thinking:
Drop 8
-2 Holon's Castform
-1 Tynamo, -1 Eelektrik
-2 Zekrom
-1 Jamming Net
-1 Level Ball
What do you think?

Explanation:
I left Zekrom Ex because along with the muscle band he's able to OHKO, Jamming Net along with Head Noiser aren't really there for disruption, although they will surely bug my opponent there true purpose is making sure my opponent has a pokemon tool on his active as for only the energy cost of one [L] and a [C] Manetric Ex is able to use Assault Laser who has a base damage of 60, but goes up to a total of 120 when this condition is met. That would be the strategy behind it, but I agree, I had too many.

Back