• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Noivern / Yveltal / Gourgeist

DeepSleepDarkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Yveltal XY
    4-4 Noivern 2 Furious Fist 2 Pokemon-XY 2 Player Trainer Kit
    3-3 Gourgeist XY
    2 Chandelure EX Legendary Treasures
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Silver Bangle
    2 Muscle Band
    4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    2 Sklya
    2 Lysandre
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Virbank City Gym
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Computer Search
Energy:

• 8 Darkness
    4 Psychic

Strategy:
I've been playing this deck on the TCGO and it works pretty well. The idea with this deck is to start with Yveltal to do damage and attach energy to a benched Norivern (Trainer Kit preferred). Chandelure EX and Gourgiest are there to spread the damage.
So, let me know what you think and what I can do to improve the deck. Thanks in advance.

Alright, so the idea of this deck is to constantly put damage on every single opposing Pokemon.

Given what you have, this is probably the suggestion I have.

-3 Pumpkaboo
-3 Gourgheist - The reason being is that you want constantly put pressure on the opponent. Gourgheist doesn't do enough despite the 2 damage counter on everything.
-3 Silver Bangle - Damage is done via Bomblast which isn't going to help.

+3-1-3 Dusknoir (Sinister Hand). This is perfect for your deck. You want to spread the damage round to knock out the threats to your deck.
+2 Darkrai EX - gives you free retreat and adds more basics just in case.

That's really good advice for this deck if the idea is damage spread with Noivern boomblast and Dusknoir sinister hand! He will need some rare candy though, maybe

-1 Yveltal
-1/1 Noivern (ff Noivern is hardy enough with the echolocation ability, 4 may be unnecessary)

+3 rare candy

Toro googleo said:
Alright, so the idea of this deck is to constantly put damage on every single opposing Pokemon.

-3 Pumpkaboo
-3 Gourgheist - The reason being is that you want constantly put pressure on the opponent. Gourgheist doesn't do enough despite the 2 damage counter on everything.

+3-1-3 Dusknoir (Sinister Hand). This is perfect for your deck. You want to spread the damage round to knock out the threats to your deck.
If the opponent has a Mr. Mime in play, then Noivern's attack damage is nullified for opponent's benched Pokémon. Whereas with Pumpkaboo (whose first attack auto Confuses defending Poké) can be quite helpful at times and Gourgeist drops damage counters and gets around Mr. Mimes and Mountain Ring. In addition, Gourgeist's second attack can virtually KO any non-Verdant Wind protected Poké.

Whereas this is true, I think that perhaps it would be wise to consider the fact that you're still doing damage to the active with Boomburst and are able to move that damage to the benched Mr. Mime in order to eliminate it entirely. As for the stadium, perhaps running another Virbank would be beneficial as you could play it over their Mountain Ring? Though you should only do this if it's really common in your area, which I know of all of one person who does such a thing at a tournament I go to on occasion.

I am noticing that you are running only two Furious Fists Noivern, and also play two Trainer Kit Noivern. Perhaps you could only play one Trainer Kit Noivern, as they are still pretty good if you're playing Dusknoir (which you should, in my opinion).

TuxedoBlack said:
Toro googleo said:

-3 Pumpkaboo

If the opponent has a Mr. Mime in play, then Noivern's attack damage is nullified for opponent's benched Pokémon. Whereas with Pumpkaboo (whose first attack auto Confuses defending Poké) can be quite helpful at times and Gourgeist drops damage counters and gets around Mr. Mimes and Mountain Ring. In addition, Gourgeist's second attack can virtually KO any non-Verdant Wind protected Poké.

True. But then again, Gourgeist's second attack doesn't help as it is a double edge sword. Sure, you can potentially knock out a Pokemon with Hypnotoxic Laser. However, against a deck that protects against status effects (like VirGen), then you're sort of boned since Hypnotoxic will do nothing against it. What's worse is decks that have Max Potion and only uses one energy. Then what? You're knocked out instead and potentially losing the game.

After thinking about the deck, you can drop the Darkness Energy to about 5 and add in 3 Rare Candy to the suggestions I've made.

Kecleon-X said:
Whereas this is true, I think that perhaps it would be wise to consider the fact that you're still doing damage to the active with Boomburst and are able to move that damage to the benched Mr. Mime in order to eliminate it entirely.
True, but between the 2 Poké, IMO, Gourgeist gets more damage into play faster and can not be countered by a Bench Barrier Ability. And the big Pumpkin line is just more versatile.

Toro googleo said:
True. But then again, Gourgeist's second attack doesn't help as it is a double edge sword. Sure, you can potentially knock out a Pokemon with Hypnotoxic Laser. However, against a deck that protects against status effects (like VirGen), then you're sort of boned since Hypnotoxic will do nothing against it. What's worse is decks that have Max Potion and only uses one energy. Then what? You're knocked out instead and potentially losing the game.
True, VirGen deck match-ups are quite tough. But, against anything else that's not Verdant wind protected (e.g., Mega EX), I'd gladly exchange the Gourgeist prize for the 2 gained from KOing an EX - the opponent won't have the time to use the Max Potions then.

Back