Noivern (FFI) Pairing Suggestions

Ndless

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure if this is the proper section, but it seemed like the most appropriate. I'd like to build a deck around the new Noivern (FFI) card.

I've read through the deck building guides so I have an idea of the general supporters and trainers I should use, but I'm not sure what Pokemon I should pair with it. I'm fairly new to the game so I don't have a great base knowledge of cards yet.

I've been looking through the newer sets and thought the Mew Ex (LTR) Might make an interesting combination, but I'm sure there are others.

Right now this deck is going to be for fun with a few friends, so I'd rather not spend more than 10 on a single card, and suggestions don't have to be just from the legal sets.

Dragons Exalted Hydregion comes to mind (and for what it's worth should still be legal). It uses the exact same energy typing as Noivern and can transfer that dark energy around. For similar reasons you could consider Base Set Alakazam if you're willing to go back that far.

That's an interesting Idea.

I don't think I really want to go all the way back to the Base Set. Would it be easier if I just kept to the newer sets?

CollectiveCubchoo said:
Sinister Hand Ability that Dusknoir from Boundries Crossed has could have synergy with the attack's effect.

This.

Victini (NV 14) could be pretty fun as well since it allows you to re-flip for Echolocation.

EDIT: Never mind, it doesn't.

DFB3636 said:
CollectiveCubchoo said:
Sinister Hand Ability that Dusknoir from Boundries Crossed has could have synergy with the attack's effect.

This.

Victini (NV 14) could be pretty fun as well since it allows you to re-flip for Echolocation.

I think Victini only allows you to reflip as part of your own attack, not when you apply an ability.

Yes, Victini only triggers when you attack.
Also, I run a pretty whacky deck on PTCGO consisting of Noivern and Cinccino. It's wildly fun, but not very competitive.
On a more serious deck, I pair Noivern with Milotic, for some resilience.

DFB3636 said:
CollectiveCubchoo said:

This.

I do like that combo, but it's a little too price for me to get the Dusknoir and everything else.

Luispipe8 said:
Also, I run a pretty whacky deck on PTCGO consisting of Noivern and Cinccino. It's wildly fun, but not very competitive.

The Cinccino combo would be hilarious, but not quite what I'm after. Which Milotic are you referring to?

Ndless said:
I do like that combo, but it's a little too price for me to get the Dusknoir and everything else.

You can Dusknoir BCR in a gym collector blister pack now along with a booster, Safeguard Sigilyph, and a bunch of other psychic pokemon. It's not actually all that expensive.

Maximinn said:
Ndless said:

You can Dusknoir BCR in a gym collector blister pack now along with a booster, Safeguard Sigilyph, and a bunch of other psychic pokemon. It's not actually all that expensive.

The card is $8-ish by itself, and the gym collector is around $10, fairly pricy for one card for a new player. I don't believe any of the stores around me carry the gym collector either so I'd have to buy it offline anyways.

Ndless said:
Luispipe8 said:

The Cinccino combo would be hilarious, but not quite what I'm after. Which Milotic are you referring to?

Milotic FLF. Since Noivern is such a tricky card to power up, Milotic can power up a fresh one in no time.

Luispipe8 said:
Ndless said:

Milotic FLF. Since Noivern is such a tricky card to power up, Milotic can power up a fresh one in no time.

Does your opponent draw a prize for that ability?

Ndless said:
Luispipe8 said:

Yes. But, considering you can deny endless prizes with Echolocation, it's a risk I'm willing to take in order for big reward.

Luispipe8 said:
Ndless said:

Yes. But, considering you can deny endless prizes with Echolocation, it's a risk I'm willing to take in order for big reward.

I like that Idea, could be useful in other stuff I want to make too. Thanks

Back