• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Noivern / Crobat

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Hey guys! I'm actually really excited for Noivern since DDE was released so I made a preliminary list with some decent partner Pokemon and I am wondering what you guys think of it.

Pokemon (17)
  • 4 Noivern (FFI-77)
  • 4 Noibat (FFI-87)
  • 2 Dusknoir (BCR-63)
  • 2 Duskclops (FLF-39)
  • 2 Duskull (FLF-38)
  • 2 Yveltal (XY-78)
  • 1 Darkrai EX (DEX-63)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (31)
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Repeat Ball
  • 1 Rare Candy
  • 2 Startling Megaphone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Silent Lab
Energy (12)
  • 3 Psychic Energy
  • 5 Dark Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy

Strategy: Start with Yveltal and get a Noivern down asap and start spreading damage. Dusknoir is there to control where my damage goes to take out specific targets at will. Silent Lab helps manage Mr. Mime who completely walls this strategy.

Noivern is great for taking out Joltiks and Eggs from Night March, M-Ray & Egg Decks.

Edit 1: Added first changes to list
Edit 2: Updated deck list to reflect change
Edit 3: Updated deck list once again and updated the strategy

Last edited:
Seems really good in concept, but I think there are some flaws. Mr. Mime shuts down the deck entirely, and you need to evolve a lot and attach two energies to attack, so one-turn setups aren't possible. Garbodor is also a HUGE problem for your deck, for obvious reasons (no more wobbuffett or crobat, noivern becomes vulnerable.) I'm not entirely sure how to fix these problems, other than to tell you that this deck will mainly be for fun and, sadly, will probably not win many tournaments.
As said, it does seem like a good and fun concept.

In concept, it is fun. But after playing around with it for a bit, at least my list anyways it struggled hard to get set up consistently and have a Noivern attacking t2-3.

Nice deck idea.

I'd suggest you consider incorporating at least 1 Lysandre's Trump Card to you recover discarded resources. Given the "low" HP of your Poké, your opponent can easily 1HKO your Poké and put you into a position where you are playing from "behind" in the prizes.

There are some changes that need to be made to this deck.
First, instead of dimension valley, you should play silent lab to stop mr mime.

Second, I would replace the crobat line with a smaller dusknoir line. This should help
A little bit with getting knockouts. I would also get rid of wobbuffet.

Lastly and the least important and really just a personal preference. I would add a few vs. seeker to help string along attackers. This helps especially well because there aren't any other tools that would work well with him

I played against a deck like this and, as suggested above, they had a Dusknoir Shadow Void tech which worked really well. Boomburst did a lot of spread damage, and Shadow Void moved it around to effectively heal my bench and kill my attacker - which at the time was a colorless M Rayquaza that kept flipping for misses against that ability. I never managed to get momentum back. Also killed all my eggs as promised.

Alrighty, thanks for the input everyone. I am trying out a few new changes today on PTCGO but before I get to that I will catalog the changes here.

-4-4-4 Crobat line
-2 Wobbuffet
-3 Dimension Valley
-1 AZ
-3 Super Scoop Up

+3-2-2-1 Dusknoir (BCR - 2 Sinister Hand and 1 Shadow Void)
+3 Silent Lab
+1 VS Seeker
+2 Rare Candy
+2 Psychic Energy
+2 Dark Energy
+1 Lysandre's Trump Card
+2 Startling Megaphone
+21

Not sure about the increase in energy but relying on DDE to attack with Noivern got me in some trouble earlier. I'll test this list out later today and report my results.

So Dusknoir works significantly better than the Bat line. I am still having consistency issues with at least getting a Noivern set up t2. Maybe that's just the luck of my draw if someone else has anymore ideas for minor changes I can make to the list.

So Dusknoir works significantly better than the Bat line. I am still having consistency issues with at least getting a Noivern set up t2. Maybe that's just the luck of my draw if someone else has anymore ideas for minor changes I can make to the list.

You're already 4-4 vern/bat, but you can always try
-2 Psychic Energy
-1 Colress
+3 Evosoda (or maybe mix in some Wally if you're worried about being Toaded).

Wally could get you evolved turn 1 if you draw into it, but Evosoda is better to get you there turn 2 and doesn't take your supporter so you can have more chances to find sodas through Juniper/Sycamore. Evosodas also help you get your Dusknoir up (the slow way) if you don't draw into Rare Candy and Stage 2 at the same time.

Also you may not need 2 Colress if you're not aiming to fill up a bench with Crobat lines anymore.

You're already 4-4 vern/bat, but you can always try
-2 Psychic Energy
-1 Colress
+3 Evosoda (or maybe mix in some Wally if you're worried about being Toaded).

Wally could get you evolved turn 1 if you draw into it, but Evosoda is better to get you there turn 2 and doesn't take your supporter so you can have more chances to find sodas through Juniper/Sycamore. Evosodas also help you get your Dusknoir up (the slow way) if you don't draw into Rare Candy and Stage 2 at the same time.

Also you may not need 2 Colress if you're not aiming to fill up a bench with Crobat lines anymore.

Thanks for the suggestions. I put in the evosoda and it is helping immensely.

I ran Noivern Dusknoir prior to the release of Primal Clash, it is a fun deck but man could it have some problems, especially with the set up. Originally I ran Robo-Substitutes to buy me time, but eventually cut them as I felt they really weren't too helpful. Instead I added a couple of regular Yveltal's for some energy acceleration and to act as a wall for the early turns. It help with Set up, but I often found myself not really being able to use them due to only running 2.
I teched in a Darkrai for free retreats which was always nice, but he is a massive target against Fighting decks so I would be tempted not to use him in those match ups. It is also good for is a Dusknoir gets Lysandre'd up, one darkness energy and he is out of there.
Furthermore I found that getting out a Dusknoir too early didn't really help out so I dropped from a 3-2-3 (with 2 rare candy) to a 2-2-2- line (no rare candy due to Seismitoad being big in my local meta-game).
I think Xerosic is a must for against Garbodor match ups, he will screw over half your strategy, and while it isn't game ending on its own, you will run into problems with it
Finally due to the way your deck deals damage Lysandre's are only really useful against Mr. Mime's which shut the deck down hard, but thankfully Yveltal or pre existing bench damage and Dusknoir deal with them pretty effectively.

-1 Duskull
-1 Dusknoir (Shadow Void)
-1 or 2 Rare Candy
-1 Lysandre
-3 Psychic Energy
+3 Darkness Energy
+2 or 3 Yveltal
+1 Xerosic
+1 Darkrai EX

I ran Noivern Dusknoir prior to the release of Primal Clash, it is a fun deck but man could it have some problems, especially with the set up. Originally I ran Robo-Substitutes to buy me time, but eventually cut them as I felt they really weren't too helpful. Instead I added a couple of regular Yveltal's for some energy acceleration and to act as a wall for the early turns. It help with Set up, but I often found myself not really being able to use them due to only running 2.
I teched in a Darkrai for free retreats which was always nice, but he is a massive target against Fighting decks so I would be tempted not to use him in those match ups. It is also good for is a Dusknoir gets Lysandre'd up, one darkness energy and he is out of there.
Furthermore I found that getting out a Dusknoir too early didn't really help out so I dropped from a 3-2-3 (with 2 rare candy) to a 2-2-2- line (no rare candy due to Seismitoad being big in my local meta-game).
I think Xerosic is a must for against Garbodor match ups, he will screw over half your strategy, and while it isn't game ending on its own, you will run into problems with it
Finally due to the way your deck deals damage Lysandre's are only really useful against Mr. Mime's which shut the deck down hard, but thankfully Yveltal or pre existing bench damage and Dusknoir deal with them pretty effectively.

-1 Duskull
-1 Dusknoir (Shadow Void)
-1 or 2 Rare Candy
-1 Lysandre
-3 Psychic Energy
+3 Darkness Energy
+2 or 3 Yveltal
+1 Xerosic
+1 Darkrai EX

Thanks for the suggestions. Darkrai EX doesn't really workout so well with my current list since I'm running Silent Lab to stop Mr. Mime and Shaymin EX's. I imagine including it will just take some more creative playing and only throwing down Silent Lab when I need it the most. I like the Yveltal inclusions and switching to more dark energy centric over psychic. I agree with taking the Lysandre count down by one and replacing it with Xerosic, that turn of abilities can easily allow me to manipulate the damage to take out Garbodor or the current threat. I only have 2 Yveltal on PTCGO so I did the -1 Rare candy +2 Yveltal to keep it at 60 cards.

Thanks for the suggestions. Darkrai EX doesn't really workout so well with my current list since I'm running Silent Lab to stop Mr. Mime and Shaymin EX's. I imagine including it will just take some more creative playing and only throwing down Silent Lab when I need it the most. I like the Yveltal inclusions and switching to more dark energy centric over psychic. I agree with taking the Lysandre count down by one and replacing it with Xerosic, that turn of abilities can easily allow me to manipulate the damage to take out Garbodor or the current threat. I only have 2 Yveltal on PTCGO so I did the -1 Rare candy +2 Yveltal to keep it at 60 cards.

Gah, can't believe I missed that, fair enough then, plus I also didn't think about shutting down Shaymin with Silent Lab that is pretty good.
Love the deck list, maybe I will modify my deck to be more like that, could work out against Mega Rayquaza with some extra testing.

Good luck

Back