Discussion Noivern BREAK Partners?

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Hello. It's me. I'm looking for a partner for Noivern BREAK. I was thinking about Giratina-EX. Here are what both of the cards do. Thanks!
XY8_EN_113.png
XY7_EN_93.png

I... don't really see how they interact in nice synergy? I guess they both can have stalling techniques, so you've sort of got that going for you. Even still, Noivern BREAK is effectively a Stage 2, which is really hitting that "too slow" mark, so I doubt the two would work with each other effectively.

I'm not really too sure about partners; perhaps Reshiram from ROS for support?

I dont know about pokemon that would go with this but maybe a stalling pokemon or the noivern from ffi but definately if you plan on making a deck of this run 3-4 copies of judge. Other than that ,I'm clueless :p

I just made a Noivern BREAK deck, and I find that Meowstic Flashfire is a great partner if you use Noivern from Furious Fists for that.

I've actually seen a lot of people pair it with Gengar BRT. And while that sounds clunky and slow... yeah it kind of is, but it's actually pretty scary once it's set up. Especially since Gengar only needs a little bit to score KOs.

I think gengar is a good idea with noivern and wobbufet, because you stall in the beginning with wobbufet and set up noivern or gengar.

I play it with Yveltal XY for the dark energy acceleration, so you can setup multiple Noivern.

Giratina and Noivern are both Dragon type so they both have access to Dragon energy? idk.

I think the best combo is actually with itself. The furious fists Noivern can spread and put everything else within range of Noivern Break's attack (which just needs a Judge). It also has built in protection. I'd add in an Octillery line for consistent draw, maybe a Hydreigon EX (which uses the same energy type), and Oblivion Wing Yveltal for acceleration.

I agree with Octillery. In addition to giving you some useful extra draw, it also allows you to match an opponent's hand of 5, as Judge does for 4. So you can use your Supporter for the turn on something else, reduce your hand size, then draw up with Octillery and Synchro Woofer again.

As for attacking partners, I think the regular FLF Noivern gives this one a decent one-two punch. If you're thinking of backup attackers, maybe Druddigon (FLF)? With Hydreigon on the bench, Druddigon can come in for a 90-110 damage counterattack after a Noivern is knocked out, then retreat into something new.

I have been playing Noivern a lot lately and have had decent success. Because of Noivern Break, you don't need a hard hitting backup attacker. I run baby Yveltal for acceleration chip damage, Bunnelby to get DDE back, and promo Jirachi.

I have also found 2 Noivern Break with a super rod is sufficient.

Back