• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Noctowl / Seismitoad EX

Jessica

Aspiring Trainer
I'm trying to run a Noctowl/Seismitoad deck, but it's still not quite strong enough. If I can get loads of items out then that's great, but I'm just not drawing into them quick enough and I think I need a second attacker to cover me. This is my deck list:

Pokémon:
  • 4 Hoothoot
  • 4 Noctowl
  • 2 Seismitoad EX
  • 1 Mr Mime (I think bats are too much of a threat to ignore them)
  • 2 Entei (trying him out as a second attacker)
  • 2 Deoxys
Support:
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Lucky Helmet
  • 3 Roller Skates
  • 4 Scorched Earth (thinking of swapping them out for fiery torches?)
  • 1 Energy Recycler
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 Paint Roller
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Winona
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Tierno
Energy:
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Fire Energy

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

First of all, note that Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) will not prevent any of the Bats' damage counter placement. Bench Barrier, when active, only prevent damage to your benched Pokemon, not the placement of damage counters.

What is your deck's game strategy? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that your are trying to leverage Noctowl's High Flight attack? After you provide some thoughts behind your deck, more helpful feedback can be provided.

First of all, note that Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) will not prevent any of the Bats'
damage counter placement. Bench Barrier, when active, only prevent damage to your benched Pokemon, not the placement of damage counters.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I did not realise Mr mime has

What is your deck's game strategy? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that your are trying to leverage Noctowl's High Flight attack? After you provide some thoughts behind your deck, more helpful feedback can be provided.
First of all, note that Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier) will not prevent any of the Bats' damage counter placement. Bench Barrier, when active, only prevent damage to your benched Pokemon, not the placement of damage counters.

Hi, thanks for replying
I didn't realise that Mr. Mime couldn't stop them from being attacked from bats, thanks for letting me know, I will remove him from my deck.

Yes, my strategy is to get as many item cards in my hand as possible and then attack with high flight. When it works I can hit for as much as 250-200, but I can be tricky to get that many items in my hand at one time.
I'm considering using a noctowl break as well, which is 60+ 30x trainer cards in my opponents hand.

Have you considered dropping the Deoxys and Mrmime for (Tasting) Slurpuff. It gets you cards without needing to attack and also helps you recover from the opponent playing a Judge. Also you can use Garbodour when it comes out to counter bats.

Have you considered dropping the Deoxys and Mrmime for (Tasting) Slurpuff. It gets you cards without needing to attack and also helps you recover from the opponent playing a Judge. Also you can use Garbodour when it comes out to counter bats.

ah, now there's an idea. Slurpuff might be a good addition. I will consider garbodour, but I am a bit wary of using too many stage 1 pokemon.

ah, now there's an idea. Slurpuff might be a good addition. I will consider garbodour, but I am a bit wary of using too many stage 1 pokemon.
Garbage is a situational card so if you don't need him just ultra ball it away.

I'm trying to run a Noctowl/Seismitoad deck, but it's still not quite strong enough. If I can get loads of items out then that's great, but I'm just not drawing into them quick enough and I think I need a second attacker to cover me. This is my deck list:

Pokémon:
  • 4 Hoothoot
  • 4 Noctowl
  • 2 Seismitoad EX
  • 1 Mr Mime (I think bats are too much of a threat to ignore them)
  • 2 Entei (trying him out as a second attacker)
  • 2 Deoxys
Support:
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Lucky Helmet
  • 3 Roller Skates
  • 4 Scorched Earth (thinking of swapping them out for fiery torches?)
  • 1 Energy Recycler
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 Paint Roller
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Winona
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Tierno
Energy:
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Fire Energy

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated
Kanghaskhan-EX is probably what you are looking for.

Kanghaskhan-EX is probably what you are looking for.
I'm not sure about Kangashkan, because he's enough ex that can be killed for 2 prize cards

I am considering running the Break though, which does 30x each trainer card in your opponents hand

Last edited by a moderator:
I would consider getting rid of seismitoad and other items you don't really need, then adding vileplume and forest of giant plants so you always denying them items and your always hitting hard with noctowl. I think they both have good synergy together noctowl and noctowl break and vileplume.

Back