Discussion No shows, lates, Drop out December Tourney

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
I noticed its not just my game, but i noticed alot of others also that post their results.

My first game i had a 40 minute late opponent, next game the opponent doesnt show up. so i guess im 2-0.
Maybe you need to make stricter punishment for this? Or implent some other systems for no shows.

This affect our buchollz, our time (which is precious), energy, and we can game the games that we signed up for.

There is no way to force people to play their games. Not showing up to their round is already an auto loss what else can you do?

Plus, for a lot of folks, this is just going to be the most hectic time of year. Alternatively, one of the most hectic times of years for many people that overlaps with many people and is at the end of the calendar year (when quite a bit comes do).

I have no sympathy for people who don't show up or show up late. The rules are clear. Sometimes things happen that stop you from informing your opponent. Just suck up the loss and move on. If you're on the winning side, same advice. Just take the win and move on. You had to show up on time regardless of your opponent, so just enjoy your free win and go about your day.

An automatic loss is about as harsh a penalty as you can get, especially if you're a subscriber. A single loss severely hinders your chances of making top cut; two basically eliminates your chances altogether.

Back