• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

No Remorse For Those I've Put Under. (Weavile/ Exeggcute)

kingmickeyxiii

Aspiring Trainer
I suppost this deck is remotely meta by now... I guess I do have a few card choices that are unorthodox, I will explain.
Pokemon

• 4 Weavile (PF 66)
    4 Sneasel (PF 65)
    4 Exeggcute (PF 4)
    1 Mr. Mime (PF 47) Block bench damage against Darkrai/Plasma/Lando
    1 Absol (PF 67) My backup attacker
    2 Voltorb (PF 32)
    2 Electode (PF 33)
Trainers

• 4 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress
    3 N (may drop to 2)
    3 Cheren
    1 Bianca (Everytime I play 4 Cheren itt seems like She would be better sometimes)
    3 Pokemon Catcher (Do I Even need these? They haven't proven all too valuable in this deck)
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Super Rod
    1 Town Map (To Get Prized Eggs/Weavile/Sneasel whatever I need.)
    4 Level Ball
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2 Frozen City (kills Blastoise and hurts just about every other deck... besides Plasma obviously)
Energy

• 12 Darkness Energy (I miss Special Dark x_X)
Strategy
As I said above I am sure You all know how this works... seems as though I would have a hard time V.S. GothGor, Should I add in two Audino? Two Keldeo EX? Or what?
I hate the idea of adding in Deoxys. I may be more inclined to try that after the tins come. but still doubt it.I love this deck and really want to bring it to the best it can be.
Any input would be appreciated. thanks!

kingmickeyxiii said:
I suppost this deck is remotely meta by now... I guess I do have a few card choices that are unorthodox, I will explain.
Pokemon

• 4 Weavile (PF 66)
    4 Sneasel (PF 65)
    4 Exeggcute (PF 4)
    2 Voltorb (PF 32)
    2 Electode (PF 33)
Trainers

• 4 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress
    3 N (may drop to 2)
    3 Cheren
    1 Bianca (Everytime I play 4 Cheren itt seems like She would be better sometimes)
    3 Pokemon Catcher (Do I Even need these? They haven't proven all too valuable in this deck)
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Super Rod
    4 Level Ball
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Dowsing Machine
    2 Frozen City (kills Blastoise and hurts just about every other deck... besides Plasma obviously)
Energy

Strategy
As I said above I am sure You all know how this works... seems as though I would have a hard time V.S. GothGor, Should I add in two Audino? Two Keldeo EX? Or what?
I hate the idea of adding in Deoxys. I may be more inclined to try that after the tins come. but still doubt it.I love this deck and really want to bring it to the best it can be.

Here are my suggestions:

- 2 Superods
- 2 Frozen City
- 1 Darkpatch
- 1 Cheren

+ 4 Dark Claw
+ Virbank City Gym

Dark Claw is a staple in this deck along with VCG to get you those needed OHKO's. Other than that, your list looks good.

I'm not a TCG Expert, but I would add Plasma Flareon and Signs of Evolution Eevee, Plasma Flareon's Vengence attack is a slightly weaker Vilify, so if your Weaviles are in your discard or prize cards, Flareon is a great backup.

-2 Super Rod
-1 N
-1 Cheren

+2 Eevee
+2 Flareon

Blueinvader said:
kingmickeyxiii said:
Pokemon

• 4 Weavile (PF 66)
    4 Sneasel (PF 65)
    4 Exeggcute (PF 4)
    2 Voltorb (PF 32)
    2 Electode (PF 33)
Trainers

• 4 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress
    3 N (may drop to 2)
    3 Cheren
    4 Dark Patch
    3 Super Rod
    4 Level Ball
    1 Ultra Ball
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy

Strategy

Here are my suggestions:

- 2 Superods
- 2 Frozez City
- 1 Darkpatch
- 1 Cheren

+ 4 Dark Claw
+ Virbank City Gym

Dark Claw is a staple in this deck along with VCG to get you those needed OHKO's. Other than that, your list looks good.

Why Virbank? He doesn't even run Hypnotoxic Laser!!! And Super Rod is far too necessary, as it helps recover those pokemon in case you need to hit for more than the 120 the Exeggcute provide you.

Blueinvader said:
Here are my suggestions:

- 2 Superods
- 2 Frozez City
- 1 Darkpatch
- 1 Cheren

+ 4 Dark Claw
+ Virbank City Gym

Sorry to sound rude but, Did you even read my list? Also I care to disagree that I need those for OHKOs. Have you ever played against a Weavile deck?
Aaron said:
Sneasel NXD almost destroys Goth/Gor by itself.
This is true but is it worth losing the 10 hp?
Reggie McGigas said:
I'm not a TCG Expert, but I would add Plasma Flareon and Signs of Evolution Eevee, Plasma Flareon's Vengence attack is a slightly weaker Vilify, so if your Weaviles are in your discard or prize cards, Flareon is a great backup.

-2 Super Rod
-1 N
-1 Cheren

+2 Eevee
+2 Flareon
The Flareon is just adding another flaw to the deck... while he would be an amazing last ditch effort, it would absolutely SUCK to add in another starter (who evolves) that can just get donked.
Luispipe8 said:
Blueinvader said:
Why Virbank? He doesn't even run Hypnotoxic Laser!!! And Super Rod is far too necessary, as it helps recover those pokemon in case you need to hit for more than the 120 the Exeggcute provide you.

ThanksLouispipe8, seems as you at least read the list, and know how it functions. Did you have any suggestions?

Yes, I think running a split of the two is the best way to go. So satisfying when you lock up a Keldeo with Float Stone and you know they are running 0 or low counts of Switch, haha.

Also, consider running Leafeon over Frozen City. I know it seems like much, but the ability to KO Keldeos with 1 energy really helps you string along Weaviles. I also run Ditto and Rescue Scarf, too.

Just get a feel for how the deck works for you. It's tough to get going, but there are actually many ways to play the deck and very challenging to find the right list.

With my list here are my current records against the meta:

Plasma: 7-8 - The particular plasma list I'm testing against runs one Keldeo and 2 Switch with a pretty basic list. 2 Kyurem/2 Thundurus/1 Absol

Blastoise: 8-3 - Leafeon plays the largest role here, but also does help against Plasma, Darkrai, and other matchups with Keldeo.. Pretty standard Blastoise list, nothing fancy. (3 Beach)

Darkrai: 10-1 - Never really had a problem against this matchup. Only played against Darkrai with 1 Keldeo. Some were reliant on Absol, others, the basic Darkrai/Sableye split.

Gothitelle: 2-5 (before Corner) X-0 (with Corner) - Haven't lost a match with Sneasel NXD. I also had Espeon, but really didn't add that much to the matchup, other than squeaking a few prizes before decking my opponent out.

I haven't really tested against many other decks, yet. I've just been testing with friends that had pretty revolving lists to get a feel for variance.

kingmickeyxiii said:
Blueinvader said:
Here are my suggestions:

- 2 Superods
- 2 Frozez City
- 1 Darkpatch
- 1 Cheren

+ 4 Dark Claw
+ Virbank City Gym

Sorry to sound rude but, Did you even read my list? Also I care to disagree that I need those for OHKOs. Have you ever played against a Weavile deck?
Aaron said:
Sneasel NXD almost destroys Goth/Gor by itself.
This is true but is it worth losing the 10 hp?
Reggie McGigas said:

-2 Super Rod
-1 N
-1 Cheren

+2 Eevee
+2 Flareon
The Flareon is just adding another flaw to the deck... while he would be an amazing last ditch effort, it would absolutely SUCK to add in another starter (who evolves) that can just get donked.
Luispipe8 said:
Blueinvader said:

Thanks Blueinvader, seems as you at least read the list, and know how it functions. Did you have any suggestions?

Yes I have played againt this deck. BUT, because it wasn't able to get those OHKO's it can't keep up with the EX's.

Here is the math:

Weavile discards 4 eggs = 120 + 20 from Dark Claw + LaserBank = 170 damage. OHKO almost every EX.

I do like your list, it's just missing the staples. IMO.

Dark Claw and "LaserBank" are by no means staples. In fact, they could be other Pokemon used to fuel Vilify. You have to play thinking your Weavile won't last in the active spot. Otherwise, you'll end up with tons of dead cards and just throwing them away to Magnetic Draw.

What about Sableye in this? I think it's great getting those Level Balls and Ultra Balls back or any Item.

I must agree with the people saying Dark Claw and LaserBank are entirely necessary in this deck. This also makes your Catchers slightly more useful, as you pointed out in the original post, as you can just catcher out that 170HP EX and take two prizes instead of just the one.

Personal preference, you might be interested too, but try swapping Dowsing Machine for Life Dew, then replace 1-1 Electrode with 2 Sableye. My Weavile deck ran 1-1 Electrode and I never had a problem getting it going unless one of them was prized. Even so, the deck can run smoothly without. Try and get the Life Dew on Sableye, and you'll be setting up quickly for free when they take no prizes.

Hope I could help :)

I also have to agree with Dark Claw+Laser Bank it is the best I tested out. All the versions I tested (like 6 Versions (i think maybe more) I feel like the versions that can OHKO EX's (Dark Claw or Laserbank (or even deoxys) are the best. The other ones are very weak and you find yourself losing most of the times
Against Darkrai
If they go first then you lose because look
Opponent's 1st turn they put a Darkness energy on Darkrai EX (Darkrai EX is active) pass
Your 1st turn attach a Darkness energy to sneasel (sneasel is active) pass
Opponents's 2nd turn they put another Darkness Energy on Darkrai EX pass
Your 2nd turn you evolve Sneasel to Weavile put another Darkness Energy then you get 3 Exeggcute (from level ball or ultra ball) and you do 90 damadge to darkrai EX
Opponent's 3rd turn they put another energy on Darkrai EX and do night spear to knock out your weavile
Your 3rd turn you send out a sneasel put a energy on it pass
they just run through your lines sooner or late the only way to stop that with out Dark Claw + VCG (and/or Deoxys EX) is if you dark patch to sneasel evolve it then switch but you run no switches

DeckMaster said:
I also have to agree with Dark Claw+Laser Bank it is the best I tested out. All the versions I tested (like 6 Versions (i think maybe more) I feel like the versions that can OHKO EX's (Dark Claw or Laserbank (or even deoxys) are the best. The other ones are very weak and you find yourself losing most of the times
Against Darkrai
Opponent's 1st turn they put a Darkness energy on Darkrai EX (Darkrai EX is active) pass
Your 2nd turn you evolve Sneasel to Weavile put another Darkness Energy then you get 3 Exeggcute (from level ball or ultra ball) and you do 90 damadge to darkrai EX
Opponent's 3rd turn they put another energy on Darkrai EX and do night spear to knock out your weavile
they just run through your lines sooner or late the only way to stop that with out Dark Claw + VCG (and/or Deoxys EX) is if you dark patch to sneasel evolve it then switch but you run no switches

This tells nothing and isn't a very ideal start.

I get why Dark Claw and LaserBank are used, but it's not the EX's this deck is worried about. It's basic attackers like Absol and Kyurem. In order to trade efficiently with them, you must be able to stream your Weaviles/alternate attacker. Dark Claw doesn't help in that process, whereas running Rescue Scarf and Ditto allows you to retaliate much quicker without burning through your resources. Even if you have another Weavile set up, all you need to do is Catcher-KO an EX to swing the match back into your favor. You'll likely have enough Pokemon in hand and Eggs in the discard to KO an EX after losing something with a Rescue Scarf, if not, you can still take the KO on the non-EX.

Aaron said:
DeckMaster said:
Against Darkrai

??? Why does it tell nothing. This is a basic start for both of them what do you think will happen different?

I'd take out Absol and something else for 2 Darkrai EX, that way you have a way of giving Plasma Weavile free retreat, also 3-4 Colress Machine and 4 Plasma Energy helps setup Weavile faster. If you're having problems against Landorus EX I'd suggest maybe running 1 or 2 Kyurem from Plasma Freeze. If Gothitelle/Garbodor is really bothering you then maybe you could run a Mewtwo EX tech for X-Ball. Also why are you only running 1 Ultra Ball when running 4 helps the decks' consistency by chaining it's effect with Exeggcute's Propagation ability?

Card Slinger J said:
I'd take out Absol and something else for 2 Darkrai EX, that way you have a way of giving Plasma Weavile free retreat, also 3-4 Colress Machine and 4 Plasma Energy would help thin the deck some. If you're having problems against Landorus EX I'd suggest maybe running 1 or 2 Kyurem from Plasma Freeze.

Yeah that would be great. Powering up Weavile in one turn would really help.

DeckMaster said:
Aaron said:
??? Why does it tell nothing. This is a basic start for both of them what do you think will happen different?
Dark Patch on both sides can completely change that. Plus most standard Darkrai lists will be attaching to Sableye Turn 1 rather than Darkrai if that's possible; they can Energy Switch it to Darkrai Turn 2 but that's still a different scenario. Besides, this is Pokémon... No matchup will ever play out that formulaically game after game. I might go first, one or both sides might whiff Energy, I might be able to Ultra Ball a Darkness Energy turn 1 then Dark Patch and attach that turn, I might get donked, I might be able to discard six Pokémon with Weavile on Turn 2 to KO the Darkrai... I could probably go on until I reach the character limit on this post.

Card Slinger J said:
I'd take out Absol and something else for 2 Darkrai EX, that way you have a way of giving Plasma Weavile free retreat, also 3-4 Colress Machine and 4 Plasma Energy helps setup Weavile faster. If you're having problems against Landorus EX I'd suggest maybe running 1 or 2 Kyurem from Plasma Freeze. If Gothitelle/Garbodor is really bothering you then maybe you could run a Mewtwo EX tech for X-Ball. Also why are you only running 1 Ultra Ball when running 4 helps the decks' consistency by chaining it's effect with Exeggcute's Propagation ability?

4 ultraball would be overkill, levelball is THE ball for this deck.... If i added darkrai why even run weavile? When will a 90 HP pokemon be able to retreat? Pretty much any time he is attacked he should be KOd. Lando will give ANY dark deck problems. Adding in Kyurem would kill consistency. And I am just not really feeling the Mewtwo idea but I may give it a shot. Colress machine doesn't help this deck at all... I have tried it.

Also Sableeye doesn't really speed up the deck's set up. It kind of hinders it. Attaching to him instead of Sneasel is no bueno. I tried the Life Dew to put my oponent into a 7 prize senario and it wasn't much of a help. I honestly love the idea of Flareon and Leafeon but hate the idea of Eevee.
I wish I could get ahold of 2 Beach, I could cut the 2-2 Electode and run the deck even faster. have no Ditto. Kinda like the thought. Scarf is a great card but I just don't think this deck should run tools. Hence why no Dark Claw.

kingmickeyxiii said:
Card Slinger J said:

4 ultraball would be overkill, levelball is THE ball for this deck.... If i added darkrai why even run weavile? When will a 90 HP pokemon be able to retreat? Pretty much any time he is attacked he should be KOd. Lando will give ANY dark deck problems. Adding in Kyurem would kill consistency. And I am just not really feeling the Mewtwo idea but I may give it a shot. Colress machine doesn't help this deck at all... I have tried it.

Also Sableeye doesn't really speed up the deck's set up. It kind of hinders it. Attaching to him instead of Sneasel is no bueno. I tried the Life Dew to put my oponent into a 7 prize senario and it wasn't much of a help. I honestly love the idea of Flareon and Leafeon but hate the idea of Eevee.
I wish I could get ahold of 2 Beach, I could cut the 2-2 Electode and run the deck even faster. have no Ditto. Kinda like the thought. Scarf is a great card but I just don't think this deck should run tools. Hence why no Dark Claw.

4 Ultra Ball is better than 4 Level Ball because of Dark Patch. The faster you get energy on the board, the better. Eevee isn't completely dead if you get a half-decent start. Sometimes, you can just tutor a Leafeon/Espeon to add more fodder for a decent turn 2 Vilify (provided a decent set up, haha). Definitely not something to hope for, but it's an out to a bad start. Much better than starting and Exeggcute or Voltorb. :p

I've tried taking out Electrode, and it's simply not an option anymore. It's too vital to your late-game scenarios when you just need the last card in your deck. I run a very low supporter count (10 including 3 Random Receiver) and am almost always decking myself out, though I never have. Once your deck is thinned out enough, and there's practically nothing but Pokemon, you are N-proofed and can stream Weaviles with ease no matter what your opponent sends out after you. The addition of Rescue Scarf is to help create a fail-safe in case you have to play some ill-timed Professor Junipers. With Ditto, too, you can easily play a Scarf'd Sneasel/Weavile back down and begin charging it back up while you attack with what's powered up already.

...onto Leafeon. I didn't want to believe it myself, but in fact it's the best addition to this deck I've made, yet. I originally had a 1-1-1 split of 1 Eevee, 1 Leafeon (for Blastoise), and 1 Espeon (for Gothitelle). After I had switched my Sneasel (PLF) out to Sneasel (NXD), Espeon was no longer necessary against Gothitelle. For the open spot, I decided to add in another Leafeon and took out by 3rd Rescue Scarf for another Eevee. Leafeon has helped me so much against meta decks and things running Keldeo in general. It's also great at taking out Absols in Plasma decks and Darkrai.

Don't worry about running EX's either. They only clog up your bench space for Sneasel, Voltorb and Mr. Mime. You're going to have a full bench most of the time. Not to mention, they really mess up your prize trade and gives your opponent great targets to stall you with.

I was just trying to say that the whole point of weavile is to do 90 Damadge second and third turn then do 180 from time to time if you do not do that then you will just get overunned.

Back