No-Rare-Tournaments

greenbeetless

blissfire
They should have a tournament that consisted of no rares. Would anyone else participate in that type of tournament?

Bibarel all the way!

Anyways, I would.

But I don't think they would.

Not trying to be negative.h

Heard of the professor cup? That's what they did in the 07-08 Professor Cup, no rares.

I love no rare tourneys. I have gone undefeated in every non rare tourney I have ever been to. T2 Gorebyss all the way.

Is there a petition process or something for this? Do we like send emails to the official website, because i believe thats not going to help.

in 07-08 there wasn't really any good uncommon pokemon, but now we have stuff like bibarel and electrode which are almost as good as rares.

Why have official tourneys, when you can have fun plays with non-rares easily. Just ask some other people and there you go. Do you really want to petition to an organization that's already complicated enough with its system?

I wouldn't mind the points. Actually thats the only reason why I would do something like this. These tournaments would be about skill rather then money. Be a good idea to appeal to the masses, I think I'm exaggerating.

You want skill? Play a double battle. It's a whole new world...

Zyflair said:
You want skill? Play a double battle. It's a whole new world...
Doubles are fail. IMO a format that hasn't been exploited enough is 2V2. I generally disaprove of 2V2 for most games, but the way its done in pokemon actually requires a lot of teamwork.

I actually like no rares. Its nice for those who don't have money (or don't have luck) to get cards they need. Also, its a fun break from the current metagame (unless bibarel somehow becomes good in normal meta).

If you want a special-format tournament, like doubles, no rares, etc. etc. then organize it with your local Tournament Organizer. Emailing POP won't do you much good. Lol.

I've held two so far. Everyone loved them :) Holding tournaments that have special rules also gives me as a TO some change and keeps up my interest in the work I do.

greenbeetless said:
Bibarel is amazingly fast, but loses to scizor. Man that honeycomb defender poke-body is just mean.
Scizor is rare...

I think T3 Piloswine is a pretty cool guy, he heals himself and doesn't afraid of anything. (spelling mistake on purpose btw >_> nitpickers)
But yeah, you should just organize one yourself. I think my league is going to do one too very soon, it's going to be fun.

Back