BW/BW2 No luvdisc evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been confirmed that no Pokémon in this generation evolve into or from any Pokémon from previous generations, 888eddyx.

I honestly don't mind. Luvdisc and Mamanbou are based on two completely different fish, after all.

Trust me, I have a Mamabou theroy to end all theroys!
Mamabou Won't Pre-Evolve from Luvdisc, but Will be able to BREED Luvdisc Eggs!
Accept it!

@jetpackpercy I said that back on the first or second page. I think there will definitely be some fun breeding this Gen

@Cory: Sorry man, I didn't quite get it back there!
Anyway, I'm actually on Neutral for the "Luvdisc will evolve into Mamabou" thing!

yooterii.jpg
058.png
059.png

128.png
baffuron.jpg

417_t.png
emonga.jpg

370.png
mamanbou.png

Seriously, either some of thoose above is related or GameFreak is running out of ideas.

(Gimmie my Growlithe prevo </3)

Wow my jaw literally dropped when i noticed that the yorkie looks like Growlithe i want there to be new evo's and prevo's of old generation Pokemon but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

playerking wants prevos + evos because otherwise his sig will be wrong. But luvdisc is a swimming heart, and mamanabou is a sun fish. End of story.

No i will take down my sig regardless but i mean i really want prevo's and evo's of old gen Pokemon and you can't deny that those two look related.

What I think happened was that GF wanted to make pokemon influenced from previous generations but with a new spin in order to appeal to fans who lost interest. This is a good idea in theory, but then they started making pokemon that are way too similar to old ones, so similar that people confused them to be evolutions. Such as the afro bull for tauros, mamanbou for luvdisc, etc. This is not the best news to me :/

Tell me this, why would mamanbo be an evo when all it does is grow fin-type-things? If Luvdisc were to evolve, shouldnt it be something bigger and stronger looking???

Yorkshier terriers are not in any way related to flaming japanese legend inspired plasma firestorm demons that look to be half wolf and half lion. Look it up.
I dont mind not having any evos of past pokemon even luvdisc who really needed it.
Im mad there is no cotton candy and gummy bear pokemon to go along with the icecream pokemon. It could have been like california, but there goes my teenage dream. No pokemon are related to the old ones, but i hope we get some more scans later. I gotta feeling tonights gonna be a good night.
Sorry, music messes with my mind

^well, it is a puppy with tiger stripes, thats why its so similar to growlithe.
im all for replacements/counterparts, but the new mons look TOO SIMILAR to their counterparts: the buffalo is just a tauros with an afro, the fire starter is fire/fighting for the third time in a row, the yorkie is a growlithe with a beard, mamanbou is a fatter luvdisc with fins, etc. they also have the same typing as their counterparts/replacements, so thats what bugs me the most
im not saying i dislike them(except for the fire starter) it just feels like game freak is running out of ideas

True. I dont think they are running out of ideas (though fire starter=biggest fail) but it really matters on what people think, not what it is. Didnt see any stripes on my new yorky so i think its original still. Give the pokemon some time to evolve. If not, be like me, and destroy the population of fire pig evolutions and sunfish.

wasnt it confirmed that no past evo or pre-evos?? so why do we have this thread.. lol just a simple thought of mind

I'm going to lock this thread- first of all there's no evo threads allowed. Secondly, we already know and there should be a thread that you can talk about this in the Front Page News forum.

*Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back