• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ninetales/Munna

OblivionDvdr

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 14
  • x4 Ninetales
  • x4 Vulpix
  • x3 Munna BCR
  • x2 Emolga DRX
  • x1 Jirachi EX
Trainers 36
  • x 4 Professor Juniper
  • x4 N
  • x3 Skyla
  • x2 Caitlyn
  • x4 Hypnotoxic laser
  • x3 Pokemon Catcher
  • x4 Silver Bangle
  • x3 Switch
  • x1 energy search
  • x1 Super Rod
  • x1 Scoop up cyclone
  • x2 Virbank City Gym
Energy 10
  • x10 Basic Fire
Strategy
Basically, this deck uses the raw power of Ninetales, without having to bother with Amoongus. With 2 statuses, a silver bangle, and Virbank City Gym in play, Ninetales deals 180 damage, enough to OHKO any EX. Using Munna's ability and Hypnotoxic Laser, it shouldn't be too difficult to get statuses on the opponent's pokemon. Jirachi EX is in this deck to help it's speed. A level ball can search a Jirachi EX for a Skyla, which can be used to get any card in the deck. With this advanced search engine in full swing, this deck doesn't need computer search, which is why it runs Scoop up Cyclone. It not only allows you to save Jirachi from being KO'ed, but you can also get a Ninetales into your hand to bright look again.

You absolutely need Keldeo/Float Stone for this. If you flip tails on that Munna's ability, you're done for. Having a Keldeo/Float Stone will completely negate that effect.
Also, beware of Virizion decks. Ninetales can't touch them for more than 40 (or 100 with a Bangle).

What would you suggest I replace with Keldeo/Float Stone? For Virizion decks, this deck has enough "Catchers" to pull up pokemon without grass energy on them, if the player isn't careful.

I feel that the Munna is too much of a risk: 1) you could put your own ninetales to sleep and 2) it is an easy knock-out. The lasers are more of a safe bet.

My idea for my Ninetales deck was to use garbador (DRX) to combat Virizion Ex, so maybe give that a try (taking out the Munnas will free up three spots).

With Garbodor in, the deck looses it's ability to use bright look and Jirachi's ability, so I'll have to play around with it some.

That is true, but I feel like Garbador will save you in the long run; it will take away Virizion's protection, Keldeo's Rush In, Blastouis' energy acceleration..again it's another risk/reward situation. Try and make garbador the last thing set up, and it shouldn't harm you too much.

I haven't been able to test this deck yet, so I will have to play around with it for a bit before I know what cards to put in and take out.

I would take out Munna and use Amoonguss NXD

Strategy: Evolve Amoonguss and use its ability "Sporprise".Witch Poisons and confuses the other pokemon. Attack with nineTails "Hexed Flame" and do 120 damage. Repeat.

Update: Look out for Virizion-ex

Ryan is absolutely right about the Keldeo in this deck; it absolutely needs to be in there just in case you get tails with Munny. I also had a few other ideas for your deck that I think might turn out really well... In theory of course.

Here's what I would take out:

-3 Switch: Okay, so with a Keldeo + Float Stone, you won't need switch, so these are easy removes.

-3 Fire Energy: 10 is even a bit much for a Plasma list, let alone Ninetales that only requires one energy to attack, and one that runs Super Rod to boot.

-1 Caitlyn: Caity isn't the best card in this deck. She is actually pretty good in Stage 2 decks, but in this one, you really need to focus more on other things.

And I would add in these in their place:

+1 Keldeo EX (I actually almost mistyped "Keldeon" like an Eeveelution. 0_o): For obvious reasons stated previously.

+2 Float Stone: Why two? Well, say one is Scrapped, then what? Your Keldeo is now as useless as Teller from Penn and Teller at a Karaoke Competetion. (he doesn't speak) If you have two, you can afford to lose one so you can attach the second. Plus, it's nice to have on your Munna if you whiff the Keldeo. ;)

+1 Mr. Mime: Kyurem destroys Ninetales without Garbodor in every shape and form with a simple Frost Spear, not only KOing your active, but damaging a benched Vulpix. After that, he can catcher a different Ninetales and snipe for the KO on your benched Vulpix for two more prizes. Kyurem is not something to take lightly, so I would definitely run Mime. Plus, you run a 90hp EX, and that is the perfect number for Darkrai, G-Scoped Genesect and Kyurem alike to take two prizes off sniping alone.

+2 Ultra Ball/Level Ball (your choice): Level Ball is just fantastic in any Ninetales-themed deck, and I should know: I've run two of them. So, not only can you search for that missing Ninetales, Vulpix, Munna or whatever, but you can also search for Jirachi to grab any Supporter you want for basically free. Ultra Ball could also be used in it's place to find Keldeo faster. Although, your use of Emolga (which I might switch to Shaymin as not to get donked by a Thundurus) would change that as you could Call for Family for the Keldeo.

+1 Shadow Triad: Why attack only four times for a huge amount of damage when you can attack five times? With Shadow Triad, you can snag a Laser from your discard pile and use it immediately. Why you would run only one is because it is a terrible draw when you don't need it, and by running only one, you can search for it with Jirachi.

Just some thoughts! :D

OblivionDvdr said:
A level ball can search a Jirachi EX for a Skyla, which can be used to get any card in the deck.
I fail to see the Level Balls in the Deck List :p

Isn't Munna a double-edged sword though? Because it can put your Active Pokemon Asleep half the time..

Sheriff_K said:
Isn't Munna a double-edged sword though? Because it can put your Active Pokemon Asleep half the time..

That is why 'Ryan suggested Keldeo + Float Stone;So that You can switch out munna.

Update: Virizion-ex can do the same but,whats the point?

I actually just realized that my list here omitted level balls. I feel a bit silly. This deck was supposed to have 3 or 4.

OblivionDvdr said:
I actually just realized that my list here omitted level balls. I feel a bit silly. This deck was supposed to have 3 or 4.

Good choice! :)

Also, Scoop up cyclone? I see why but, I would like to see you use Devolution Spray and rescue Scarf to get Nine tails back in your hand and super rod to bring back Vulpix.
Try master ball out and see how well it works out! :)

Please, do not put Garbodor in. That is a bad idea. Basically, it renders your already low chances to near oblivion without Munna and relying on 25% coin flips, and that percent that you face Genesect.

I ran the Ninetales/Amoonguss version of this deck, which is more efficient. Why? Because you are always getting the setup bang on in EVERY game. Virizion? Tech in there a cheeky victini EX and a victory piece for that surprise drop of Victini and a Skyla for the piece... gets em everytime!

You're looking for consistancy, the Ninetales/Amoonguss combo is the definition of consistancy in my opinion. I run...

4 x Vulpix
4 x Ninetales
3 x Foonguss
3 x Amoonguss
2 x Emolga
1 x Victini EX (You could go 2 here.)

Back