• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ninetales gx deck for my last 90 points

AshGottem

Aspiring Trainer
so I find myself with just 90 points needed for my invite I've got multiple league cups coming up over the next few weekends and I'm pretty sure I'll be playing ninetales gx.

Nice list!

I will just say that you could tech in something like Glaceon-EX or Lapras-GX, but that's up to you. Good Luck!

so I find myself with just 90 points needed for my invite I've got multiple league cups coming up over the next few weekends and I'm pretty sure I'll be playing ninetales gx.
Good luck man! Alolan Vulpix limits the need to max out on Ultra Ball, I think. You could tech in a Pokémon Center Lady instead of 1 Ultra Ball?

from heyfonte group on fb via discardpile.net
18813163_289418644797171_6005425878628921707_n.jpg

Was watching the birmingham round 8 video with Tobias Thesing VS Joshua Toulmin, with the man him self who does google on youtube as a commentator and rates every card out of 5 google's. He states during the game that the Ninetales player had 2 professor Kukui. In the photo above I only see 1 professor kukui.
The battle video can be found here:

But the photo helps me out somewhat. Sadly i don't have 2 octillary. I only have the 1 from the Rayquaza/ Keldeo battle box that has the Karen cards in them. choosing not to run rescue stretcher seems like an odd choice though.
Also the guy in the video has Shaymin ex.

Last edited:
Was watching the birmingham round 8 video with Tobias Thesing VS Joshua Toulmin, with the man him self who does google on youtube as a commentator and rates every card out of 5 google's. He states during the game that the Ninetales player had 2 professor Kukui. In the photo above I only see 1 professor kukui.
The battle video can be found here:

But the photo helps me out somewhat. Sadly i don't have 2 octillary. I only have the 1 from the Rayquaza/ Keldeo battle box that has the Karen cards in them. choosing not to run rescue stretcher seems like an odd choice though.
Also the guy in the video has Shaymin ex.
but the 4th place 9tails list didnt use octillery, mew & tauros gx. instead just 2 koko promos, 1 shaymin, 4 sycamore, 4 N, and 2 kukui. 2 lists made top 8

but the 4th place 9tails list didnt use octillery, mew & tauros gx. instead just 2 koko promos, 1 shaymin, 4 sycamore, 4 N, and 2 kukui. 2 lists made top 8

That sounds like the list in the video that I posted before. Good to know. I'm sure someone on Youtube has a video for the other deck list that was in the photo. Or somewhere on the internet there is someone with a decklist for the list that ran the 2 kokos and shaymin. however of the 2, i think i prefer this list with the 2 kokos and shaymins over the one that has mew and tauros.

Simply put I think a combination of these decks is the best. Both manaphy and glaceon have proven to be utterly useless most of the time. The tauros/new thing is almost to cute, the other problem being that metagross just got second and I'm almost 100% sure we never win that matchup

I posted a deck list today that uses Flare Effect Flareon with Ninetales. I myself have lost to Metagross GX at my local league using Ninetales so I know the pain of having metal weak Pokemon. It was for that reason alone that i'm now running Flareon. It also helps that i'm seeing more and more grass decks pop up who all have fire weakness.
I'm slowly starting to loose faith in Glaceon myself, since the number of times my opponent just uses Lysandre to ko a bench Ninetales is stupid.
I still have some faith in Manaphy though. However when it rotates out, we'll be stuck using Cowadice Wishiwashi, until we get another Pokemon that grants water types free retreat. I'm guessing that's where the Tapu Koko promo comes in. Also i'm seeing a lot more lists that play float stone to compensate for not having a Manaphy so perhaps you don't need it after all.

Back