• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Nine-tailed Fox

JCGKVK6325

Aspiring Trainer
I played this deck this up coming weekend at a small pick up tournament and ended up going 5-0. So take a look at the list and give some input. I feel like it needs minor tweaks, but overall its super fun and consistent. Just to give some sort of credibility, Ive only played 9 games with the deck so far and it is 8-1. The decks I played against were:

Game 1- Gumshoos gx/incinaroar gx
Game 2- Fire box
Game 3- Volcanion
Game 4- Decidueye/plume
Game 5- Umbreon gx/ Zoroark/Tauros gx/eeveelutions
Games 6&7- Mega Ray water with Olympia - One win and one loss
Games 8&9- Mega Beedrill/Lurantis

So yes, in a majority of these games, I have type advantage when attacking, however, I won most of these by deck out. the one loss against mega ray was due to the insane amount of switch cards my opponent played during the match (vs seeker for Olympia 4 times)! Anyway... heres the list. Feel free to comment as you like, alterations may be considered during testing.

Pokémon - 18
4-vulpix EVO
4 Ninetales EVO
3- Ninetales break
1- Jirachi (stardust)
2- Shaymin ex ROS
2-talonflame STS
2- Wobbuffet (females)

Trainers- 32
4 Sycamore
1 Lysandre
1 N
1 Ilima
1 delinquent
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 hex maniac
4 Crushing hammer
2 enhanced hammer
1 trainers mail
1 escape rope
1 super rod
2 parallel city
4 ultra ball
4 vs seeker
3 float stone

Energy- 10
6 Fire
4 Burning

Idea looks cool and mean, main issue that I see is some card choices. With the large amount of basics you run Talonflame is going to be dead a majority of the time, and I would not advise playing it in anything that has 5+ basics. You mentioned that many of your wins were by deckout, so I have to ask how useful is the Break? It's a dead card for your first two turns minimum, and I would personally only play two. You do have the Super Rod to get back copies after all. My last issue is the Supporter Line up.

4 Sycamore
1 Lysandre
1 N
1 Ilima
1 delinquent
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 hex maniac

That is a lot of one-offs, which means hitting the right one is going to be tricky. Would personally drop the Ilima and the Hex for a second N and Team Flare Grunt. I'm also curious as to how necessary Lysandre is given that your main attack does the same function better, but I'll trust your judgment for now.

Looking at what you've stated, I don't mind the support line change. However the flare grunt and hex are luxury cards that are never needed at particular moments. I'd rather sycamore turn 1 than dig for a hex or flare grunt just to stall. The break is your attacker if you have to get rid of a threat or help stall with more hp. They can be ultra balled away whenever, but you can't always rely on the deck out. This is where you need the lysandre. To pull up a target that's been powered up and poses a threat. If an opponent plays it right, they only place down attackers or 0-1 bench Pokémon.

2 talonflame is interesting, it would be nice to know how many times you actually started with it. Also when you play this deck do you plan to win by deckout?

2 talonflame is interesting, it would be nice to know how many times you actually started with it. Also when you play this deck do you plan to win by deckout?

Ive started talonflame 4/14 games now. It isn't super important to start with, but it provides a bulky starter and options. It also has never been a dead card for me yet as I can easily ultraball it or sycamore. I recently played four more games today. 2 against decidueye/plume and 2 against turbo dark. Each games I played to win by taking prizes. The deck out win condition is mostly brought up towards the end of the game when my opponent has played to knock out my ninetales and has over compensated in order to dig and hit certain cards. This leaves them open to the lure strategy and easy deck out.

Back